• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Executive of the year

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Baalke?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Thompson is going to win that in Green Bay. He deserves it more, he built what may be the most talented team in the NFL almost entirely through the draft. I think the only major contributor on the team who was brought in as a FA is Woodson.

Think about who he has drafted that is a "star". Rodgers, Matthews, Raji, Jennings, Nelson, Finley, the O-line, I think two of their starters in the secondary were undrafted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i agree that thompson deserves credit for what he's done, but i feel like they hand these awards out based on what has been done this past year. i could see baalke getting it based on all his moves this year: hiring harbaugh, signing rogers/whitner/edwards/goldson/akers/goodwin/mcdonald/alex smith, letting guys like lawson, spikes and franklin go, and his promising draft picks in aldon, culliver, miller, etc.
then again, the fact that harbaugh is getting so much credit might mean they have to give something to the packers. thompson over baalke is much more likely than mccarthy over harbaugh.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that thompson deserves credit for what he's done, but i feel like they hand these awards out based on what has been done this past year. i could see baalke getting it based on all his moves this year: hiring harbaugh, signing rogers/whitner/edwards/goldson/akers/goodwin/mcdonald/alex smith, letting guys like lawson, spikes and franklin go, and his promising draft picks in aldon, culliver, miller, etc.
then again, the fact that harbaugh is getting so much credit might mean they have to give something to the packers. thompson over baalke is much more likely than mccarthy over harbaugh.

Glad you beat me to it. Thomson is a great GM, but what moves did he make this year that made his team better? Cobb has been ok, but he's not putting together a record breaking season or anything. Baalke's guys are contributing immediately from the draft and FA.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but doesn't Mike Brown deserve consideration? He got a steal from the Raiders for Carson Palmer while also adding a star WR in AJ Green and his new franchise QB (Who he got in the 2nd round) in Andy Dalton. Not only has he built this team for the future, but they are still in contention for the playoffs.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

+1
/Thread

:lock1:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know, I was going to say that they like to spread these awards around too. With Harbaugh pretty much having coach of the year locked up, I just don't see them giving Baalke an award too.

I also believe most of these awards are based on what they've done in the past along with this year. The only exceptions are the ROY awards, and probably comeback player of the year... but comeback player is also usually based on someone returning to a previous high standard... or living up to expectations.

I'd imagine it is pretty rare for a 1st year HC to get Coach of the Year, and I think Harbaugh is only going to run away with it because of the lockout. With the lockout shortened offseason he'll probably get over 80% of the votes, but if it were a regular year he'd probably be like 46% to McCarthy's 44%, with the other 10% going to other coaches.

I think Baalke deserves it with my own bias, but I was considering how the voters will look at it. They'll have a hard time arguing against Thompson's 15 or 16 win team.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Polian has this one hands down!

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know, I was going to say that they like to spread these awards around too. With Harbaugh pretty much having coach of the year locked up, I just don't see them giving Baalke an award too.

I also believe most of these awards are based on what they've done in the past along with this year. The only exceptions are the ROY awards, and probably comeback player of the year... but comeback player is also usually based on someone returning to a previous high standard... or living up to expectations.

I'd imagine it is pretty rare for a 1st year HC to get Coach of the Year, and I think Harbaugh is only going to run away with it because of the lockout. With the lockout shortened offseason he'll probably get over 80% of the votes, but if it were a regular year he'd probably be like 46% to McCarthy's 44%, with the other 10% going to other coaches.

I think Baalke deserves it with my own bias, but I was considering how the voters will look at it. They'll have a hard time arguing against Thompson's 15 or 16 win team.

i find it hard to believe harbaugh will win coach of the year if the pack go 16-0 and win the SB. i find it impossible to believe he'll run away with it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i find it hard to believe harbaugh will win coach of the year if the pack go 16-0 and win the SB. i find it impossible to believe he'll run away with it.

Don't they vote on coach of the year before the Super Bowl?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

There are 209 HC-OTY awards; I'm sure Harbaugh will win one if not all of them. There is not another HC in the league that has done a better job of 'coaching' his team this season - not one.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless Rodgers is coaching as well, I would give it to Harbaugh. The Packers are defending superbowl champs, with arguably the best QB in the league who is having one of the best seasons of all time. Harbaugh is using the same guys who struggled to win 6 games last year and havent had a winning season in a decade. And now they have the second best record in the NFL and with a few new guys and contributing rookies with no offseason camps. I think hands down Harbaugh deserves it.

If not him then I think you give it to Fox if Denver makes the playoffs. He changed the entire offense and offensive philosophy on the fly to suit their personnel.