• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Excited about the hire of Jim Harbaugh?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or are you all hesitant because of the lack of success most college coaches have had in the past?
I like the hire mainly because he comes from a good coaching family and he's a no-nonsense type of coach. An NFL man too.

And I can't wait for the battle of the Harbaugh's on Nov. 24th. :D

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the majority have a bit of restrained optimism. What I like about him is that he has NFL roots, and NFL HC brother and tons of NFL experience on his staff. Add in his competitive fire and h/o turning around programs in short order and I think Harbaugh was our best choice at the time. Hopefully, turns out to be the best choice period.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the way I feel.^^^^^ Plus, anybody is an upgrade over Singletary, right?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Bingo how long I've calling for Harbaugh.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Clyde Carbon? Is it safe to assume you're the same Clyde???

I'm thrilled the Niners hired Harbaugh. He's the first big-time coach the Ninera have had since Walsh IMO.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about Harbaugh, even more with reports coming out of training camp. I like that he sets up his 3 hour practices to give the players a feel for the length of actual games, and jumps around from one in-game situation to another.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pumped. My motto is Hangin' with Harbaugh. He's going to get it done. Can't wait for him to break Pete's huge jaw.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm stoked about Harbaugh. The eerily similar route to Walsh is cool and everything you hear about the Harbaugh lineage reeks of success and people complimenting their methods and mentality.
I'm jazzed. I'm pumped. I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes legit

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe that Jim is going to get our franchise turned around. So I'm going to trust any decision that makes.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reading the training camp reports and his press conferences my optimism keeps growing. He seems to have the players excited. I expect good things to come. I don't know how much of that will translate into wins this year but I have no doubt at the moment that with Harbaugh withing three years he will have the Niners being serious contenders in three years.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or are you all hesitant because of the lack of success most college coaches have had in the past?
I like the hire mainly because he comes from a good coaching family and he's a no-nonsense type of coach. An NFL man too.

And I can't wait for the battle of the Harbaugh's on Nov. 24th. :D

Great Question ~ Long Answer

Clyde was one of the first to plant the Harbaugh seed over on the other board. However, in the beginning, I did not at all want Jim Harbaugh for the very reason you noted. I was painfully aware of the track record for college coaches who had made the jump straight to HC in the NFL.

By the time we hired Jim I had warmed up to the idea quite a bit, then watching as surrounded himself with his (NFL experienced) coordinators from Stanford and then landing Seely, I became convinced we just may be on to something special.

Besides, the last HC to jump straight from the college ranks to build an NFL Champion as a HC, his name was Jim too, so that has to count for something.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another few thoughts that just ran through my head...

He's a coach with winning Head Coach experience which we haven't had for awhile. He took the Stanford program and turned it around in short order. He played 14 years in the NFL so he understands the grind and what's necessary to be successful. His brother has been successful at this level - who better to talk to than your brother?

Yeah I'm the bandwagon.

jaypok626

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm trying not to over inflate my head with expectations, but I think him and his staff could bring the elements that this club has been lacking for years. Excited- yes... but cautiously optimistic.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another few thoughts that just ran through my head...

He's a coach with winning Head Coach experience which we haven't had for awhile. He took the Stanford program and turned it around in short order. He played 14 years in the NFL so he understands the grind and what's necessary to be successful. His brother has been successful at this level - who better to talk to than your brother?

Yeah I'm the bandwagon.

Excellent points. And what he did at Stanford was simply amazing.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent points. And what he did at Stanford was simply amazing.

Indeed Scott, it was very amazing

before he was there Stanford was considered a pathetic excuse for a football program for years. Suddenly they're at the top now. Despite the coaching change Stanford is still recruiting well.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually give clyde credit for Harbaugh and being the first one to really mention Andrew Luck. That was in his freshmen year before anyone really knew who he was.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move because it's a long term solution move. Plus, he brings a staff he's worked and won with. It's not a patchwork, find somebody..anybody to fill the HC spot.