• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ex-NFLer Michael Oher: ‘Blind Side’ family lied about adopting me

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody in Hollywood read the book, liked it enough to think it would be a good movie, and then approached them about buying the rights. Got to move quick or get beat.

How is that far fetched?

Well we can start with the author having been good friends with the Tuohys to begin with. This doesn't smack to you of manufactured from jump at all?

Oher has always openly disagreed with his portrayal he could not read or write or even remotely understand football.

That said...the timing of all this is odd...and it is weird he never fully grasped the difference between adoption and the conservatorship

we will see how it goes...but yea...in light of Lewis prior involvement with the family it all feels pretty manufactured.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we can start with the author having been good friends with the Tuohys to begin with. This doesn't smack to you of manufactured from jump at all?

Oher has always openly disagreed with his portrayal he could not read or write or even remotely understand football.

That said...the timing of all this is odd...and it is weird he never fully grasped the difference between adoption and the conservatorship

we will see how it goes...but yea...in light of Lewis prior involvement with the family it all feels pretty manufactured.
seems odd it took him so long years to legally respond to somebody controlling his money does,nt it?somebody messes with my money i am on them like stink on shit,although i don,t have as much as an ex nfl player does.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again, i dont know the true story... but my bet is not that Oher was never aware until now, i would bet there was some type of strain between Oher and the family to make Oher so upset NOW.... this cant just be about the money... if it is, then Oher is not going to look good at the end of this...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, i dont know the true story... but my bet is not that Oher was never aware until now, i would bet there was some type of strain between Oher and the family to make Oher so upset NOW.... this cant just be about the money... if it is, then Oher is not going to look good at the end of this...

agreed

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing people need to keep in mind is that when someone get's a percentage of a movie it's not always straight forward. Movie companies are adept at misleading folks. So if a movie grosses 100 mil at the box office and they say it cost 15 mill to make you think you should get a cut of the 85 mil. But then the movie co will say you get 2.5% of profits and they spent 15 million on advertising. And the 100 mil is what the theaters brought in, not what the movie company made. If you and your lawyer know what you are doing you can make a nice buck on the percentages. If you don't and you're an author or connected to a story they will likely pay you very little in the end after some "creative accounting".
That's why I always ask for a percentage of the box office gross on the movies about me:

1692291399872.png

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are throwing a conspiracy theory into this that isn't there. I suspect authors go through life looking at the world around them and seeing what would be a good topic for a book. If I personally knew the Tuohy's and their story and I was an author, I suspect the idea would have come to me also. Regardless, the idea for the book wasn't the Touhy's, it was the author's. So unless you think he too was involved it doesn't likely hold water

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are throwing a conspiracy theory into this that isn't there. I suspect authors go through life looking at the world around them and seeing what would be a good topic for a book. If I personally knew the Tuohy's and their story and I was an author, I suspect the idea would have come to me also. Regardless, the idea for the book wasn't the Touhy's, it was the author's. So unless you think he too was involved it doesn't likely hold water

Hugh Freeze is involved so shenanigans of the highest order are very possible.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record it's not like I think the family did jack shit for him they clearly helped him in a lot of ways...my thoughts is he was further along football wise than the story shows and it wasn't like he was an illiterate borderline retard when they found him. More like a kid very clearly exceptionally gifted athletically and he needed some wheels greased to get him to college.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of white ass honky mutha fuckers exploiting the toil and sweat of a black man.

sandra bullock the blindside GIF

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they lied about adopting him? ...he is officially full of shit.

From Michael Oher's own book:

“Since I was already over the age of eighteen and considered an adult by the state of Tennessee, Sean and Leigh Anne would be named as my ‘legal conservators,’” he wrote.

“They explained to me that it means pretty much the exact same thing as ‘adoptive parents,’ but that the laws were just written in a way that took my age into account,” Oher added.

“Honestly, I didn’t care what it was called. I was just happy that no one could argue that we weren’t legally what we already knew was real: We were a family.”