• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ex-NFLer Michael Oher: ‘Blind Side’ family lied about adopting me

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you kinda are saying he's lying. As you stated you're sure all that Oher is claiming isn't true. but lets pretend it is. So in that vain.

That would mean. They lied to Oher about adopting him to get him to sign documents giving them legal authority to make deals in his name. They then used that authority to make themselves multi-millionaires. In my neck of the woods we call that fraud. And considering the money Oher is saying the Tuohy's fraudulently made on his name/story and the manner in how they went about making it. It's not unreasonable to think the Tuohy's will be charged with felony fraud. What;s also as doubtful or possibly moreso than Oher qualifying for college. Is the Tuohy's making millions of dollars from a fraudulent business deal on a bullshit movie. Monery that they used to start a "foundation" as they continued to use Oher's name. Something that a crafty lawyer might call an ongoing criminal enterprise. Seeing as the initial act that kicked everything into gear was/is itself an ongoing criminal act. An act that the Tuohy's continued to benefit monetarily from until recently.

I read Oher went to the Tuohy's and told them to ante up n they told Oher to kick rocks. So the opportunity to handle this on the DL was nixed by the Tuohy's not Oher.
There's a dietetic between lying and wishing with emotion without all the facts

Oher AND the family are both speaking from of place of hurt

That equals emotion

Which means that even if they believe what they're saying its still almost certainly not true or not all the truth

You can believe something and have it still not be true man

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brittney Spears had a conservatoship for 13 years. She could not even get legally married.
She ended the conservatorship to marry a kid 12 years younger than her
Now he is divorcing her and looking for his half

A conservator would likely not have approved of the marriage without a proper pre-nup!

Come on man!

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brittney Spears had a conservatoship for 13 years. She could not even get legally married.
She ended the conservatorship to marry a kid 12 years younger than her
Now he is divorcing her and looking for his half

A conservator would likely not have approved of the marriage without a proper pre-nup!

So instead of being exploited for money by her scumbag parents, she's being exploited by a douchebag that clearly married her for money.

At least she got a kid out of him I guess, but boy does she have absolutely terrible taste in men.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So instead of being exploited for money by her scumbag parents, she's being exploited by a douchebag that clearly married her for money.

At least she got a kid out of him I guess, but boy does she have absolutely terrible taste in men.

Maybe she shouldn't have let him hit it one more time :drum:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a dietetic between lying and wishing with emotion without all the facts

Oher AND the family are both speaking from of place of hurt

That equals emotion

Which means that even if they believe what they're saying its still almost certainly not true or not all the truth

You can believe something and have it still not be true man
Now you wanna get back to reality eh.

The bottom line is this. Were the papers Oher signed adoption papers allowing him to legally become part of the Tuohy family (as the movie alleges) Or were the papers a conservatorship that legally allowed the Tuohy's to make business decision/deals in Oher's name. That Oher was told were adoption papers.

Reactions: DJ

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I find funny. Why are people trolling Sandra Bullock like she had anything to do with it? She's a friggin actress! This reminds of (opposite way, but still) when Fred Armison was playing Mayor Patterson on SNL and called the people of Peekskill NY rock eaters and the people in Peekskill got made at Mayor Patterson.

Because people are morons. Seriously, the kid who played Joffrey (very pleasant person in real life and stopped acting for a while) in Game of Thrones started getting death threats...

And anytime you see 'based on a true story' from Hollyweird you take that with a grain of salt. Again, people are idiots.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The judges remarks

"Gomes said she was disturbed that such an agreement was ever reached. She said she had never seen in her 43-year career a conservatorship agreement reached with someone who was not disabled."

also of Interest in this article is that the the proceeds were split evenly between Oher and their other kids? The fuck what? lol

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fun nugget

They said the only way Michael could go to Ole Miss was if he was actually part of the family," Tuohy said, adding that because Oher was 18 at the time, the conservatorship was a way to make that happen legally since he was too old to be legally adopted. "...We contacted lawyers who had told us that we couldn't adopt over the age of 18; the only thing we could do was to have a conservatorship. We were so concerned it was on the up-and-up that we made sure the biological mother came to court."

so let me get this straight. Ole Miss was only going to take a 5 star prospect on IF he was part of this family? lol.

This story gets better

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone back and forth with this. But after Oher leavs college and gets an agent . Wouldnt the agent know about any agreements he had when it came to signing contracts and money? Wouldn't an agent say hey, these people are getting a slice of yours ( and my) pie? Or did the family line him up with an agent so he never knew? I'm confused about that. Once he's a grown man making NFL money there was nothing to stop him from going to court and taking them off of anything that affected his rights and money. My initial thought was he's burned through a good chunk of his NFL money and is now looking for some blind side money because people have told him the family got rich from it. It's all so weird.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone back and forth with this. But after Oher leavs college and gets an agent . Wouldnt the agent know about any agreements he had when it came to signing contracts and money? Wouldn't an agent say hey, these people are getting a slice of yours ( and my) pie? Or did the family line him up with an agent so he never knew? I'm confused about that. Once he's a grown man making NFL money there was nothing to stop him from going to court and taking them off of anything that affected his rights and money. My initial thought was he's burned through a good chunk of his NFL money and is now looking for some blind side money because people have told him the family got rich from it. It's all so weird.

The movie deal reportedly lists the same Creative Artists Agency representative for all of the Tuohys, while Oher's agent is listed as Debra Branan, the same family friend who allegedly filed the initial conservatorship petition.

ROFL

that's crazy

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The movie deal reportedly lists the same Creative Artists Agency representative for all of the Tuohys, while Oher's agent is listed as Debra Branan, the same family friend who allegedly filed the initial conservatorship petition.

ROFL

that's crazy
It's almost like there's no ,middle ground. Either the Tuoheys really had his best interest at heart and the freedom he did have with NFL money he wasted, so he needed someone watching. Or he was just naive and they took advantage of him for years.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like there's no ,middle ground. Either the Tuoheys really had his best interest at heart and the freedom he did have with NFL money he wasted, so he needed someone watching. Or he was just naive and they took advantage of him for years.
The fact that a judge just ended the conservatorship. And there was never any adoption in the first place. Imma say that family fucked Oher. They fucked him good.

Now it's time for the Tuoheys to lube up.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to me it's certainly looking like they took advantage of him being incredibly naive. I mean... you split the movie rights evenly with a kid that's 10 as with Oher? lol.

And then you got his agent being the same person who set this shit up? yikes. If they had his best interest you link him up with someone who knows the business.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohys’ legal team alleges that they, in part, entered into the conservatorship with Oher because it was the safest way to have him enrolled at Ole Miss without any possible repercussions from the NCAA due to a perceived conflict of interest. Both Tuohys are graduates of the university and known boosters of the school’s athletics department.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mere fact that that angle is even being taken is beyond laughable. You're trying to tell me that it was in his best interest to go to Ole Miss basically. He was a top 50 prospect and dude had a shockingly weak offer list. That tells me full well the Tuohys blocked most other schools from getting the time of day.

AND Hugh Freeze ends up on the Ole Miss coaching staff a year later? lol.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mere fact that that angle is even being taken is beyond laughable. You're trying to tell me that it was in his best interest to go to Ole Miss basically. He was a top 50 prospect and dude had a shockingly weak offer list. That tells me full well the Tuohys blocked most other schools from getting the time of day.

AND Hugh Freeze ends up on the Ole Miss coaching staff a year later? lol.
Playing devils advocate here. Without the Tuoghys there is no Blind Side movie. That's just reality. So there would be no money to split at all. Without the Tuoghys he's either living with a drug addict mom, on the streets or in the foster care system during his high school years.. Does he ever get the grades go to college and excel without that family structure?
Part of the problem as noted above. If you come down on the Tuoghys you feel like you're attacking Sandra Bullock . lol

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing devils advocate here. Without the Tuoghys there is no Blind Side movie. That's just reality. So there would be no money to split at all. Without the Tuoghys he's either living with a drug addict mom, on the streets or in the foster care system during his high school years.. Does he ever get the grades go to college and excel without that family structure?
Part of the problem as noted above. If you come down on the Tuoghys you feel like you're attacking Sandra Bullock . lol
Oher was a 3 sport athlete that was already accepted into a private school due to athletic scholarship before he ever met the Tuoyhs. The did give him a stable home life after, but Oher was an elite football prospect well before they met him.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oher was a 3 sport athlete that was already accepted into a private school due to athletic scholarship before he ever met the Tuoyhs. The did give him a stable home life after, but Oher was an elite football prospect well before they met him.
I went to a college prep catholic school that brought in athletes from disadvantaged areas to bolster the program, gave them athletic scholarships and many to most couldn't do the school work. Bryce Young went there before he transferred to Mater Dei . He's one of the few who took full advantage. The family structure is pretty critical. Micheal Oher would be going home to a mother who was either high or on the streets. He seems like someone who would get sidetracked easily . Yeah all this looks bad for the family but like I said, there's no movie without them and pretty good chance his god given ability never gets to its full potential. Its a sad situation. Hopefully they all agree to a forensic accountant to look at all the contracts and accounts and he can decide if Michael is owed money or not. Hopefully it's not a Mike Tyson Don King situation.

Last edited: