• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did forget that one. But it is hard to break that top 10. I had to leave off Superman, Batman and Watchmen. Not sure I want to bump X1 off...

X1 over MoS?

The only part of X1 that is better than MoS is the "you're a dick" scene.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X1 over MoS?

The only part of X1 that is better than MoS is the "you're a dick" scene.
MoS was OK. I am not be even sure it would crack a top 15, though. Bateman, Watchmen, Superman and GotG are all clearly above it, and Antman and Spider-Man (Mcgwire's first) are probably ahead of it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even have the right Batman movie first...
You talking about BmB or Bm? I hope you aren't talking about the Batman Movie... or you trying to be edgy by claiming Killing Joke?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Iron Man still a top movie? I feel like Ant man and Dr Strange are the same movie but more interesting.
IMHO, yes. It started the MCU and really hit home and B-level characters, if told right, could really be boxoffice gold.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about BmB or Bm? I hope you aren't talking about the Batman Movie... or you trying to be edgy by claiming Killing Joke?

Batman Begins is the best of the Nolan trilogy.

I admit i"m slacking on Killing Joke. I'm excited for that one.

Also "Under the Red Hood" is fantastic. But if I'm being edgy for the best batman movie, it's "Mask of the Phantasm" and "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker"

but "Superman v. the Elite" animated or not is a top 10 super hero movie as well.

In fact, the last 3 movies I mentioned are all top 10 super hero movies, and arguably top 5.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batman Begins is the best of the Nolan trilogy.

I admit i"m slacking on Killing Joke. I'm excited for that one.

Also "Under the Red Hood" is fantastic. But if I'm being edgy for the best batman movie, it's "Mask of the Phantasm" and "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker"

but "Superman v. the Elite" animated or not is a top 10 super hero movie as well.

In fact, the last 3 movies I mentioned are all top 10 super hero movies, and arguably top 5.
Batman Begins is a good movie. I'm not sure I'd call it the best Nolan movie but its nowhere near the worst and I'm certainly open to the idea that people like it more than the Dark Knight.

Even as a Killing Joke defender and even I think its probably middle of the pack in terms of the animated movies. Under the Red Hood would be my #1 and Mask of the Phantasm would be my #2 and both are better than a lot of the live action superhero movies.

I tend to like my Batman already confident and overcoming heroes. DC dips into Batman struggling with inner demons way too much. They do a good job of making fun of it in the Batman Lego Movie and then make the whole movie about Batman needing to come of age. Its getting to the point with hero movies where I'm just calling them 'coming of age' movies instead. Guys like Batman and Wolverine have no business 'coming of age' and it just gets silly to see it over and over again.

Im also not sure I see why anyone would put XMen First Class or Logan in the top tier but I do think they are both very well done.

XFC was a prequel which meant that it had to be very procedural. It did a good job at pretty much everything but wasnt terribly great at anything. Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and Emma Frost as a Fembot...er..January Jones was humanizing Mystique too much and not humanizing Emma Frost enough but maybe thats just my personal tastes kicking in. The stuff with Magneto and the Professor are great but it never really has a major impact imo.

Logan is just an action movie about the Xmen failing and trying to preserve something for the next generation. Lots of things tacked on, lots of things left out, lots of enemies dying in waves to progress the plot. Such a cool idea for a movie and they had the right cast for sure. Just not 100% sure they stuck the landing.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Batman Begins and the Dark knight... But I have to be honest, the Dark knight rises made me sour on the whole trilogy... Still loved it, but I got angry after seeing the third, made me realize how bastardized the whole trilogy was...

The DC animated films IMO are SOOOO much better than the DC live action... and it is not even close...

The new superman movies are too dark for its own good... I love dark superhero movies, but you cant take away the fun... and I felt these did... Still enjoyed them, but they just could have been so much better...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batman Begins is a good movie. I'm not sure I'd call it the best Nolan movie but its nowhere near the worst and I'm certainly open to the idea that people like it more than the Dark Knight.

Even as a Killing Joke defender and even I think its probably middle of the pack in terms of the animated movies. Under the Red Hood would be my #1 and Mask of the Phantasm would be my #2 and both are better than a lot of the live action superhero movies.

I tend to like my Batman already confident and overcoming heroes. DC dips into Batman struggling with inner demons way too much. They do a good job of making fun of it in the Batman Lego Movie and then make the whole movie about Batman needing to come of age. Its getting to the point with hero movies where I'm just calling them 'coming of age' movies instead. Guys like Batman and Wolverine have no business 'coming of age' and it just gets silly to see it over and over again.

Im also not sure I see why anyone would put XMen First Class or Logan in the top tier but I do think they are both very well done.

XFC was a prequel which meant that it had to be very procedural. It did a good job at pretty much everything but wasnt terribly great at anything. Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and Emma Frost as a Fembot...er..January Jones was humanizing Mystique too much and not humanizing Emma Frost enough but maybe thats just my personal tastes kicking in. The stuff with Magneto and the Professor are great but it never really has a major impact imo.

Logan is just an action movie about the Xmen failing and trying to preserve something for the next generation. Lots of things tacked on, lots of things left out, lots of enemies dying in waves to progress the plot. Such a cool idea for a movie and they had the right cast for sure. Just not 100% sure they stuck the landing.

All fair points.

I might actually put BB:ROTJ as the #1 batman movie, even if it's not "the" Batman. It's just so fucking good.

You're right about XFC, buttttt I think the professor/magneto stuff certainly matters. But I think it's bigger in the other movies, especially DOFP. It sets up DOFP more than anything in the movie itself.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Batman Begins and the Dark knight... But I have to be honest, the Dark knight rises made me sour on the whole trilogy... Still loved it, but I got angry after seeing the third, made me realize how bastardized the whole trilogy was...

The DC animated films IMO are SOOOO much better than the DC live action... and it is not even close...

The new superman movies are too dark for its own good... I love dark superhero movies, but you cant take away the fun... and I felt these did... Still enjoyed them, but they just could have been so much better...

The DC Animated films are soooo much better than any of the comic live action movies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Variety says that after directing two Avengers movies for Marvel, Joss Whedon is cuddling up to DC and is in talks to write, direct and produce a Batgirl movie for Warner Bros. There’s no other producers attached right now. Toby Emmerich, the President and CCO of Warner Bros. Pictures Group, and two other dudes put the project together within the past month.

DC's schedule is filling up pretty fast:

Wonder Woman – June 2017
Justice League – November 2017
Aquaman – December 2018
Shazam – April 2019
Cyborg – April 2020
Green Lantern Corps – July 2020

There is also the Batman movie, Superman movie, Suicide Squad sequel, and Gotham City Sirens that are in development, but no confirmed years of release yet.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a fan of the first 2 logan movies...so not looking forward to this one.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC's schedule is filling up pretty fast:

Wonder Woman – June 2017
Justice League – November 2017
Aquaman – December 2018
Shazam – April 2019
Cyborg – April 2020
Green Lantern Corps – July 2020

My first thought is that Justice League is the only one I want to see.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that I'm gonna watch every single one of those?
I will as well. But without good word of mouth, I am waiting for Red Box or Netflix or whatever. I am not DEFINITELY going to the theater for these.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that I'm gonna watch every single one of those?

I will too... Most excited Shazaam... But a little worried that it might be targeted to children...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Invincible movie just got greenlit. That could be interesting...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Invincible movie just got greenlit. That could be interesting...

I kinda disagree.

I feel like that belongs on Netflix as a show.

It's a lot to do in one movie.

But again, Invincible is one of my favorites. I'll be in theaters for that one.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will too... Most excited Shazaam... But a little worried that it might be targeted to children...

I gotta say JL for me.

I think GLC could be incredible if done right.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda disagree.

I feel like that belongs on Netflix as a show.

It's a lot to do in one movie.

But again, Invincible is one of my favorites. I'll be in theaters for that one.
When they do a Superman movie, they don't tell the entire library in the single movie. Why do you think they will need to tell the entire story here in a single movie? I could see this focusing only on his origin and dealing with the truth about his father.

As for being excited, let's see how they do it. If it is a second rate production with no budget, no thanks. But if they give it a legit treatment, it could be pretty epic. Will they make it rated R and have fun with Atom-Eve? With the right casting, that alone could be worth the price of admission.