• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Pierce Brosnan Really Playing Cable in Deadpool 2?

2767773-wait-wut-jpg.jpg

I saw that rumor. Terrible in my opinion.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 was even worse.

I love the concept, so I desperately want it to work, but it is painful to watch.

the problem i see so far is the vanessa hudgens character. you'd think she would be the straight man... but she is just awkward.... comedies need a straight person...

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 was even worse.

I love the concept, so I desperately want it to work, but it is painful to watch.

I just watch EP 2 and you are correct. I don't know if I'll give it one more try. Too many stupid characters.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past few months, the original Deadpool writers, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, have been hard at work trying to craft the sequel. They even gave me an update about it in the middle of last month which you can watch here. Since that time it’s been a bit quiet, but I’ve now learned someone new has been added to the mix: Drew Goddard. From what I’ve been told, Reese and Wernick are still extremely involved in the script and project but Goddard has been added as a consultant.

Image via 20th Century Fox

From what I’m hearing, Ryan Reynolds and the writers have been bunkered down, working on the script together, trying to cross the finish line and create something everyone is excited to make.

While some of you might be nervous about Drew Goddard…let me stop you right now. He’s a fantastic screenwriter that absolutely loves comic books and knows the characters as much as the fans. Look at his IMDb resume. Not only did he direct The Cabin the Woods and co-write the script with Joss Whedon, he was the one that brought Daredevil to life on Netflix, wrote The Martian for Ridley Scott, wrote Cloverfield for Matt Reeves, and was lined up to direct a Sinister Six movie at Sony before the studio rebooted the Spider-Man franchise anew. This doesn’t include any of the script doctoring he’s done over the past few years (see: World War Z). Trust me, he’s someone you want working on any movie or TV show because he’s an incredibly smart writer.

With the script almost done, I’d like to think we’re going to hear about a release date for Deadpool 2 pretty soon. Let me know what you think about Goddard being involved in the Deadpool sequel in the comments below. More when I hear it.

Exclusive: Drew Goddard Is Working on the ‘Deadpool 2’ Script [Updated]

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I the only one excited about a Nightwing movie??

I always thought he was underrated but partially due to the fact that he will always be overshadowed by Batman, and the JL doesn't need 2 guys like that, with no powers, a detective etc.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Logan" got 96% on rotten tomatoes. I don't always follow their ratings as gold... But i've been drooling about seeing this movie since the first trailer. I can't wait.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was from 71 viewers.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always thought he was underrated but partially due to the fact that he will always be overshadowed by Batman, and the JL doesn't need 2 guys like that, with no powers, a detective etc.

Didn't know there was going to be one... Always wished they would make a ROBIN 4 movie series... I guess this may be a compensation...

But how cool would a movie per robin have been

1. Dick Grayson origin to ends with him becoming nightwing
2. Jason Todd's origin story to his death
3. Tim Drakes origin with a cool story line(kind of boring after the first 2 but so what)
4. Damian Wayne origin( maybe even with Nightwing being batman for part of the movie)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point I can't garner too much excitement for anything WB announces.

BvS should have been great but was a mess due to over editing and trying to shove too much foreshadowing into what I wish was a standalone story.

Suicide Squad was just flat out bad.

The Flash script has been scrapped and the director left the project.

Affleck (an Academy Award winning Director and Batman uber fan) stepped down from the director's chair for the Batman film and rumors are he wants out altogether.

So far Warner Brothers has 1 win, Man of Steel, and 2 big misses with warning signs looming for future projects. Until they actually show me something to be hopeful about going forward, No, I'm not excited for what they're going to make Nightwing.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should do a Teen Titans movie if they want more Nightwing

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should do a Teen Titans movie if they want more Nightwing

They apparently are making an animated version of "The Judas Contract" which is THE seminal TT story. I am really pumped for that too. lol

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Logan" got 96% on rotten tomatoes. I don't always follow their ratings as gold... But i've been drooling about seeing this movie since the first trailer. I can't wait.

I was disappointed. Yes, compared to the latest Xmen movie, this was a massive improvement, but that's not saying a lot. It's a slow burn movie that doesn't have a lot of action, and the action sequences were horrible.

I'd only give it a 7 out of 10. It didn't do it for me, but I guess others will consider it amazing. I thought it was boring, way too bleak, and just plain depressing. The R-rating really didn't add much to it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed. Yes, compared to the latest Xmen movie, this was a massive improvement, but that's not saying a lot. It's a slow burn movie that doesn't have a lot of action, and the action sequences were horrible.

I'd only give it a 7 out of 10. It didn't do it for me, but I guess others will consider it amazing. I thought it was boring, way too bleak, and just plain depressing. The R-rating really didn't add much to it.

you mean compared to Apocalypse?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I thought apocalypse sucked bad. Terrible.

This is an oscar winner compared to that shitfest.
Apocalypse was actually very underrated. Not an award-winner, but far from the "Franchise-Killer" that it was being labeled as.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Logan yesterday... I think I liked it, it was just weird... first off the movie takes place in 2029... which is weird...

But what I am most confused on is what timeline did the movie take place in... it felt like it was the timeline of X-men 3... but didn't days of future pass erase that timeline??

Also very strange to see someone who we all consider a hero, so ANTI hero like for most of the movie...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Mangold, the director of Logan, is pretty much confirming that there will be a X-23 spinoff movie. The actress who played her is 12 so its a given it would explore her story in her teen years. Either whats going on once with the group of mutant children she hiked into Canada with, or more of a solo story.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Logan yesterday... I think I liked it, it was just weird... first off the movie takes place in 2029... which is weird...

But what I am most confused on is what timeline did the movie take place in... it felt like it was the timeline of X-men 3... but didn't days of future pass erase that timeline??

The writer said he put the movie in 2029 as to not interfere with the DOFP events. It was in it's own timeline, DOFP took place in 2023 and while they just re-wrote the end of X3 not the whole movie it still took place after all that. And they do refer to Charles causing an event in Westchester that
killed all the other X-Men and a lot of civillians
so everything we see in Logan is the aftermath of that.