• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone's thoughts on Melton

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he is off to St Louis. Could be that everyone wants him and he is finding out the best deal (Most money!!!) or it could be that no one has offered him enough money to get him to sign yet. I thought before all of this started Melton is going to be highly sought after and won't come cheap. I know the injury, but he is young and talented and DL that can get after the QB get paid. I thought all along he was the best fit for our defense of all the guys out there this year, but that doesn't mean we should sign him unless the price is right.

Another angle...If you are someone that loves Donald in the draft do you even want us to sign Melton? Yes, we'd find a way to play both, but they both seem to be best fit for the 3 tech in this defense. I'm torn on Donald and I love rotating DL, so to me one has little to do with the other. I'd love to get Melton if the dollars are reasonable and I'd bring Spencer back also. I know the risk there, but unlike Melton I don't think Spencer is going to get any big offers and he fills a hole and signing him doesn't mean we can't also draft a DE.

What are everyone's thoughts on the odds of Melton signing with Dallas? I'm thinking if Jerry really wanted him he would have caved and offered him enough to get it done before he left the building. So, I'll say he ends up somewhere else. I'm fine either way. I love the player, but knowing our cap problem I don't want to overpay him. There are still players out there and there will be others out there throughout the offseason and even more out there next year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pass. all day, every day...pass. I don't want him and his local troubles, not with the cost and length of contract it will take and injury. I'd rather have a hungry young guy out there.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he is off to St Louis. Could be that everyone wants him and he is finding out the best deal (Most money!!!) or it could be that no one has offered him enough money to get him to sign yet. I thought before all of this started Melton is going to be highly sought after and won't come cheap. I know the injury, but he is young and talented and DL that can get after the QB get paid. I thought all along he was the best fit for our defense of all the guys out there this year, but that doesn't mean we should sign him unless the price is right.

Another angle...If you are someone that loves Donald in the draft do you even want us to sign Melton? Yes, we'd find a way to play both, but they both seem to be best fit for the 3 tech in this defense. I'm torn on Donald and I love rotating DL, so to me one has little to do with the other. I'd love to get Melton if the dollars are reasonable and I'd bring Spencer back also. I know the risk there, but unlike Melton I don't think Spencer is going to get any big offers and he fills a hole and signing him doesn't mean we can't also draft a DE.

What are everyone's thoughts on the odds of Melton signing with Dallas? I'm thinking if Jerry really wanted him he would have caved and offered him enough to get it done before he left the building. So, I'll say he ends up somewhere else. I'm fine either way. I love the player, but knowing our cap problem I don't want to overpay him. There are still players out there and there will be others out there throughout the offseason and even more out there next year.

I would like to see us sign Melton for a couple of reasons. The only unknown with this guy is his health, and the Cowboys said his knee checked out. This guy is a proven commodity in Rod's system. He is an ideal 3T. I really like Donald, but 1)He may not even be there at 16 and 2)as great as he played in college, his game may not translate against NFL C/OG's. Taking Melton would solve the issue at 3T, and allow Jerry to draft Pryor or Dix at 16, or perhaps a kid like Ealy if he slides. A good young player, at a position of need, that is a system fit is worth the risk IMO(for Manster)

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want any more injured players. I've had enough.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want any more injured players. I've had enough.

then we need to cut half of our team including Romo, Lee, Durant & Carr and make it part of the contract that if they suffer an injury they get cut. Injuries are part of the sport.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knee could be an issue going forward. If he regains form then yes. Jernigan,tuitt or hagemin would complement him. I see donald as a perfect 3 tech. I would trade a 3rd rounder and our 1st rounder to the rams for a fourth round pick and pick 13. Then take donald. I see donald creating havoc in the middle. We can't let the bears get donald

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it comes down to money. he knows a bunch of teams want him so it comes down to years & guaranteed money

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's a poker game and I'm glad jerry is showing some restraint thus far. I think that has much to do with perception after the Ware debacle. Word is Ware woulda taken a pay reduction. Ummm, if true and Jerry sign Allen for the same or close to the money Ware just got in Denver. Bet you ass jerry is confused on what to do more than anything. Funny......all the bad decisions and somebody on that payroll advised the idiot. Hopefully there is a new adviser at the ranch.

Me? I still think this guy is worth the risk. Unfortunately, it's going to require more than 3 years to fit the money and that right there just might be the perception part jerry is having an issue with. I know I'd throw money at Melton over a term before I'd sign Allen for basically the money it woulda taken to keep Ware.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knee could be an issue going forward. If he regains form then yes. Jernigan,tuitt or hagemin would complement him. I see donald as a perfect 3 tech. I would trade a 3rd rounder and our 1st rounder to the rams for a fourth round pick and pick 13. Then take donald. I see donald creating havoc in the middle. We can't let the bears get donald

too many holes not enough draft choices

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then we need to cut half of our team including Romo, Lee, Durant & Carr and make it part of the contract that if they suffer an injury they get cut. Injuries are part of the sport.

shoot scotty........you miss the word...Don't want ANY MORE

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somewhat true but all things CLOSE to equal......Melton wants to play here.

how sure are we about that? his agent generated interest by mentioning the 'Boys but did i miss something where Melton himself said that? if he did then i'm surprised at all the teams who are considered to be in the chase

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how sure are we about that? his agent generated interest by mentioning the 'Boys but did i miss something where Melton himself said that? if he did then i'm surprised at all the teams who are considered to be in the chase

pretty darn sure scotty
The kid is from Grapevine and actually has some friends in the area.

The rub here may be one's own definition of CLOSE

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoot scotty........you miss the word...Don't want ANY MORE

you're right but name a FA who hasn't had an injury of some kind in his career. is it worrisome that Melton had an ACL injury? yes, but with today's medical treatment players are making complete and total recoveries from these injuries. if you limit yourself and your team by not going after a player because he had an injury then you reduce the number of FA's you will consider by a third or more

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right but name a FA who hasn't had an injury of some kind in his career. is it worrisome that Melton had an ACL injury? yes, but with today's medical treatment players are making complete and total recoveries from these injuries. if you limit yourself and your team by not going after a player because he had an injury then you reduce the number of FA's you will consider by a third or more

glad you caught the any more part.

No need....I've already said I'd work to sign Melton

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty darn sure scotty
The kid is from Grapevine and actually has some friends in the area.

The rub here may be one's own definition of CLOSE

PD i know he is from Grapevine and that some "friends" are saying that he wants to be here but i haven't heard it from him and neither have the other teams involved. it will in all likelihood come down not to what some "friends" or his agent says but to which team coughs up the most years and guaranteed money

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PD i know he is from Grapevine and that some "friends" are saying that he wants to be here but i haven't heard it from him and neither have the other teams involved. it will in all likelihood come down not to what some "friends" or his agent says but to which team coughs up the most years and guaranteed money

you asked me if I was sure and I said pretty darn sure.

I only maintained that if Dallas was in the ballpark then he would sign here. No question Henry pays an agent

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him in Dallas but not with a cap breaking contract. The deal would have to be very team friendly. Besides his injury I'd have concerns about his possible legal issues for biting a restaurant owner.