• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone's thoughts on Melton

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him in Dallas but not with a cap breaking contract. The deal would have to be very team friendly. Besides his injury I'd have concerns about his possible legal issues for biting a restaurant owner.

hard to see this as a team friendly deal but I could be wrong. Long tern signing might make it somewhat team friendly I suppose.

I do think he could fit since we have some money without destroying the money set aside to sign the draft class and june fa

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to see this as a team friendly deal but I could be wrong. Long tern signing might make it somewhat team friendly I suppose.

I do think he could fit since we have some money without destroying the money set aside to sign the draft class and june fa

It's wait and see at this point. The fact he's visiting StL and not returning to Seattle right now is not a bad sign. Just means he's weighing all his options

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then we need to cut half of our team including Romo, Lee, Durant & Carr and make it part of the contract that if they suffer an injury they get cut. Injuries are part of the sport.

Come on, that was a little bit of a Dicky response. I think what he meant was because of all of the guys you named and all of the others we've been burnt by recently...why bring more in? I think it is a legitimate point and I think we draft differently going forward because of it.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then we need to cut half of our team including Romo, Lee, Durant & Carr and make it part of the contract that if they suffer an injury they get cut. Injuries are part of the sport.

No, we just need to not sign any injury risks when we already carry enough injury risk on the roster.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right but name a FA who hasn't had an injury of some kind in his career. is it worrisome that Melton had an ACL injury? yes, but with today's medical treatment players are making complete and total recoveries from these injuries. if you limit yourself and your team by not going after a player because he had an injury then you reduce the number of FA's you will consider by a third or more

I just rather we not sign another injury risk. Unless we can get a good deal of course.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a poker game and I'm glad jerry is showing some restraint thus far. I think that has much to do with perception after the Ware debacle. Word is Ware woulda taken a pay reduction. Ummm, if true and Jerry sign Allen for the same or close to the money Ware just got in Denver. Bet you ass jerry is confused on what to do more than anything. Funny......all the bad decisions and somebody on that payroll advised the idiot. Hopefully there is a new adviser at the ranch.

Me? I still think this guy is worth the risk. Unfortunately, it's going to require more than 3 years to fit the money and that right there just might be the perception part jerry is having an issue with. I know I'd throw money at Melton over a term before I'd sign Allen for basically the money it woulda taken to keep Ware.

Maybe he felt Ware didn't fit this defense, or just wasn't a winner. Maybe he feels Allen fits better. Maybe he wanted Peppers and is now feeling heat to sign one of the last big time DEs out there. Never know with Jerry and the way he thinks. I wouldn't say he was confused on his decision though.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe, but then again, I think Jerry has been in a constant state of confusion since Big Bill skipped town. All these bad decisions over the years and I've never thought Jerry made a one without somebodies strong input. It's those somebodies that I think have done the most damage. Other than Larry Lacewell, I still wonder who those people are and if they remained employed in Dallas.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe, but then again, I think Jerry has been in a constant state of confusion since Big Bill skipped town. All these bad decisions over the years and I've never thought Jerry made a one without somebodies strong input. It's those somebodies that I think have done the most damage. Other than Larry Lacewell, I still wonder who those people are and if they remained employed in Dallas.

And that in a nutshell is Jerry's problem he has so much other stuff going on he cant devote the time to be a fulltime GM thus having to rely on others input on players he should have his own knowledge about.

Typical Jerry and the way it has been since Jimmy left the building with the exception of when Bill was here. :doh:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he felt Ware didn't fit this defense, or just wasn't a winner. Maybe he feels Allen fits better. Maybe he wanted Peppers and is now feeling heat to sign one of the last big time DEs out there. Never know with Jerry and the way he thinks. I wouldn't say he was confused on his decision though.

Maybe not "confused" in the typical sense, but I would say unsure of what to do, or constantly changing his mind, or clueless, or second guessing himself, or looking for soemone to tell him what to do...well, in retrospect I guess I would say confused!!! Such is life with GM Jerry...

There is an article on the Dallasnews website today that states teh exact thing I have been saying about Jerry for years. The opinion he seems to like the most is whichever was the last one he's heard. It's almost comical how he talks about issues and you can just tell he is repeating a discussion he just had with someone. This is why I think he makes impulsive and sometimes panic driven decisions

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rather we not sign another injury risk. Unless we can get a good deal of course.

i understand your reservations but if the doctors say he's fully healed you can pass on him. give him a contract that is incentive based and protects the team in case of the injury re-occurs but don't write him totally off because of it

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want any more injured players. I've had enough.

+1 guys how many times we've felt our seasons have been derailed due to injury. Iv'e been beating this drum for a long time I want guys with a clean bill of health or with (minimal damage this is football). Thats why I don't want Dix either he has the same Injury. Pass.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ACL is one of the worse injury's a football player can suffer. Most ACL guys tend to break down every where due to the body having to compensate or the player being unable to mentally commit which actually creates a more dangerous situation for that player. I can live with breaks and concussions all injury's are not created equal. Neck, back, and knee injuries only create more problems so why signed a high priced F/A knowing this.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACL is one of the worse injury's a football player can suffer. Most ACL guys tend to break down every where due to the body having to compensate or the player being unable to mentally commit which actually creates a more dangerous situation for that player. I can live with breaks and concussions all injury's are not created equal. Neck, back, and knee injuries only create more problems so why signed a high priced F/A knowing this.

not true
No way...no how

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of examples of guys coming of ACL tears re-injuring the same one or injuring the other because of the body compensating and the mental challenge of having to comeback from that injury which puts players at risk for further injury when they hold back. How many guys in the league have had multiple ACL's several 2 off the back would be Cushing and Thomas. That is not an easy injury to comeback from fully . A.P. and Charles are rare cases when a guy comes off that injury and not miss a beat. I'm certainly not an expert by I am speaking from experience. Most guys are never the same.

To be clear i'm not saying he will get re-injured, but it will be a while before he's the same player he was....if he's ever the same player again.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melton I'd give a 2 year deal MAX right now ..... plus incentives

But no more ..... He would have to get on the field and prove he is recovered from that injury before I would spend more than that

We got what 8-9 sacks out of Selvie last year? Off the streets .... Rod is a miracle worker with D-linemen .... I don't see giving ANYONE a big contract

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol that's what my doc and physical therapist told me. I'm not an elite athlete, but I'm no avg Joe either.

Great and I've gone through one and my boys another two. All in high school and all went on to play college. If you compensate then you should not be playing...if rehab is correctly done then the knee should actual be as strong if not stronger.

oh well....opinions do tend to vary and every situation id different to a degree

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys sign Melton, not sure of terms...