• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone accepts now that the NFL = WWE, right?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes...they've managed to get a multi billion dollar industry to collude for a specific outcome which would totally destroy said billion dollar industry
The hubris

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, an NFL script would've had the Lions and Bills playing, I'd imagine.
I said mid season there was no way the Swifties were not making it to the SB. Huge audience and business lift for the NFL.

KC was holding on defense on almost every play in the second half with no calls. Ravens had almost 3 times as much penalty yards.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said mid season there was no way the Swifties were not making it to the SB. Huge audience and business lift for the NFL.

KC was holding on defense on almost every play in the second half with no calls. Ravens had almost 3 times as much penalty yards.
You do realize that the Lions were the most popular team last week?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that the Lions were the most popular team last week?
Yes and they had their chance but bumbled it away. Thankfully the refs stayed out of that game but the head ref was on notice too for making bad calls against the Lions in the past. Everyone was watching him like a hawk.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love how triggered some are getting by swifties, I'm all for it

I wouldn't say I am "triggered" per say but how many athletes have dated famous people and absoutely got no coverage like Swift is... Kelce and Mahomes are the golden boys for the NFL so perhaps that's why but do we really need to see tv showing Kelce and Swift kissing after a win. It's not like its a shock they kiss they are dating for crying out loud

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, an NFL script would've had the Lions and Bills playing, I'd imagine.

You're a short bus rider if you don't think the NFL wanted Taylor Swift in the stands rooting for the Chiefs for this Superbowl.

I'm not saying that literally every play is scripted. That's just stupid. But you guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think the NFL is a business that has business interests. They themselves admit that they are purely an entertainment league and not a sports league, just like WWE does... but let's just ignore all of that.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at the people who think these games are played by actual players in front of actual fans. Hahaha rubes.

Or who think that there are other humans on this message board and the other "posters" aren't all bots.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say I am "triggered" per say but how many athletes have dated famous people and absoutely got no coverage like Swift is... Kelce and Mahomes are the golden boys for the NFL so perhaps that's why but do we really need to see tv showing Kelce and Swift kissing after a win. It's not like its a shock they kiss they are dating for crying out loud
Taylor Swift is one of the most famous active musicians and entertainers on the entire planet.

It's Giselle Bündchen, but also with a US audience in addition to the international one. Kelce is the footnote in that relationship, not Taylor.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t know how you could ‘fix’ games of football to such a degree. There’s just too many variables.
It's financial suicide and would potentially be the kind of thing that'd get angry congressman (they don't like their sportsball cheated anymore than normie fans) to threaten their cushy anti-trust status. Orin Hatch of all people was sabrerattling pretty hard years back on behalf of the U of Utah.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs are gonna win.

Taylor Swift is going to present the Lombardi to the Chiefs wearing a "Vote for Biden" t-shirt.

The National Anthem will start playing.

A squadron of F-16's is gonna fly by during it, each one spraying one of each color of the rainbow.

Everyone on the field will drop to their knees until the song finishes.

Afterward everyone will crack a bud light.

GIMME A HELL YEAH BROTHER!!!!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t know how you could ‘fix’ games of football to such a degree. There’s just too many variables.
Yeah I don't think the NFL does it, but players or coaches who bet on the outcome or told to do so, if blackmail is involved. I remember a game when Jimmy Johnson was coaching the Phins and they were a 10 pt fav. They were up by 8 with like 40 second left, had the ball on the other teams 30 yard line. On 3rd down JJ calls a T/O and sends out the kicker for a FG. The kick is good and they win by 11 hmmmm. I don't think so much on the outcome, but on the point spread, like rat Henry Hill had going with a player on the BC player back in the day

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Swift is one of the most famous active musicians and entertainers on the entire planet.

It's Giselle Bündchen, but also with a US audience in addition to the international one. Kelce is the footnote in that relationship, not Taylor.

She is. But do we really need to see her every second?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't. The camera time on here is like a minute a game. Do you complain on TV shots to Eminem during or a Lions game?

Every time Kelce touches the ball they pan to her. After the game... Where's Taylor, lets get her holding hands with Kelce

I totally get it, the NFL is a business and technically it makes business sense but it is annoying as all hell

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean besides the guy providing the damn testimony himself?

in a statement against interest?

He fixed some spreads yes

The statement was the NBA fixed games

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time Kelce touches the ball they pan to her. After the game... Where's Taylor, lets get her holding hands with Kelce

I totally get it, the NFL is a business and technically it makes business sense but it is annoying as all hell

yea this is 100 percent TVs fault

I've never seen this before...it's not like celebrities don't go to sporting events.