• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Every B10 team in the top 100 in RPI

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its overrated later in tourneys when teams are super talented ( ie Zona, Cuse, MSU etc ). I do not think its overrated the first 3 games or so. At some point depth is irrelevant if your starting 5 is not nearly as good as the other teams ( unless you can get the other team in foul trouble ) BUT when your starters are comparable then your bench plays a HUGE part IMO.

Depth helps tremendously in case of injuries (it's part of the game excuse makers) and in the case of developing/conditioning talent. McGary is a prime example of the latter, in last year's tourney run.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big deal. Except for Mich, (not ST), who in the big 10 has a chance of winning the big dance?
I'm an ARIZONA homer just asking an honest question.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big deal. Except for Mich, (not ST), who in the big 10 has a chance of winning the big dance?

you don't honestly think Michigan has a better chance to win the title over MSU, do you? Unless you are assuming that Payne isn't going to play ever again, that's just sillly

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're heading in the right direction, but this year it's towards the NIT.

I agree they're going the right way. I hate the Corn, but I'm a big Tim Miles fan. Nebby probably will need to win a B1G tourney game or 2 to make the NIT. I can't see them winning any of their remaining road games (Mich, NW, MSU, Ill & IU) except possibly @NW depending on which Cat team shows up.

This leaves 5 must win home games that look fairly winable with the exception of maybe Becky.

Pre-B1G, I bet their record is 15-15

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't honestly think Michigan has a better chance to win the title over MSU, do you? Unless you are assuming that Payne isn't going to play ever again, that's just sillly

I do believe that Mich will win the Big 10.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me silly at the end of the season, but Payne is not even a factor in my pick. Mich wins the Big 10.
JMO

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well every team that makes the tourney has a chance. At least a better chance than the teams that dont. Thats why RPI numbers matter. As to your real question I would say there is only 1 team in the B10 that I think can win the tourney and it aint Michigan. Right now there are only 4-6 teams I think I could see winning the whole thing BUT Id be willing to wager that there are at least 2 of the Final 4 that arent on that list right now. This year is WIDE open. There are good teams and teams that have the potential to be really good but no great teams. Michigan State at full strength is still the best team in the country if teams play to their full potential but it will be an exciting March for sure.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan State is a better team. I take no issue with that, but, Michigan is obviously in control of their own destiny and tough to beat at home.

Played at a neutral site, full strength, Sparty wins.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well every team that makes the tourney has a chance. At least a better chance than the teams that dont. Thats why RPI numbers matter. As to your real question I would say there is only 1 team in the B10 that I think can win the tourney and it aint Michigan. Right now there are only 4-6 teams I think I could see winning the whole thing BUT Id be willing to wager that there are at least 2 of the Final 4 that arent on that list right now. This year is WIDE open. There are good teams and teams that have the potential to be really good but no great teams. Michigan State at full strength is still the best team in the country if teams play to their full potential but it will be an exciting March for sure.

I highly disagree with this, naturally. Arizona's best includes a defense that this MSU team couldn't even DREAM of achieving, and we have the offensive skill to not necessarily match them but it's certainly MUCH closer than their defense is to ours.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That isnt what you asked. You asked who could win the big dance. Michigan finished 5th in the B10 last year and made the tourney title game. We do this every year where we seem to think there are only certain teams that can win a title. The reality is that there are probably 15-20 teams capable of making the Elite 8. After that it 100% matchups because every team left is a good one.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly disagree with this, naturally. Arizona's best includes a defense that this MSU team couldn't even DREAM of achieving, and we have the offensive skill to not necessarily match them but it's certainly MUCH closer than their defense is to ours.

I wouldnt expect you to agree DC :) LOL

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isnt what you asked. You asked who could win the big dance. Michigan finished 5th in the B10 last year and made the tourney title game. We do this every year where we seem to think there are only certain teams that can win a title. The reality is that there are probably 15-20 teams capable of making the Elite 8. After that it 100% matchups because every team left is a good one.

Well, you know, the #1 seeds have all made it to the Final Four all of................one time!

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to beat up guys like you on the way to fights.

If you picked on little guys, I could see that happening. If I were you I wouldn't brag about it.
I wrestled at 128 lbs and kicked ass on the heavy weights all the time.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, every game is match ups. Not just elite 8. Except for the 16/1 or 15/2 games.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt expect you to agree DC :) LOL

also keep in mind that our 2 best defenders -Nick Johnson vs. Gary Harris, and TJ McConnell vs Appling - match up with MSU's two most important offensive weapons.

I know Payne is great offensively, I just think he is gonna get his and if you stop the other two MSU will NOT win

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to beat up guys like you on the way to fights.

If you picked on little guys, I could see that happening. If I were you I wouldn't brag about it.
I wrestled at 128 lbs and kicked ass on the heavy weights all the time.

what is this, a rap lyric?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me it was McGary's inclusion into the lineup late in the year that put Michigan over the top. I could be wrong, however that guy was great in the NCAA's

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, every game is match ups. Not just elite 8. Except for the 16/1 or 15/2 games.

True, but once you reach the later games I think its even more so about matchups. A 2/7 R32 game can be won by the 2 even if the matchup isnt great just because they may have more talent but a 2/4 in the Elite 8 or a 1/3 in the E8 is straight matchup IMO