• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Every B10 team in the top 100 in RPI

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, at this moment, Kansas is for sure a better OPTION. Not saying they will make it, since nobody is guaranteed, but I would bet a lot more on KU than UL right now

KU is battle tested. Its weird because their metrics ( ie offensive efficiency, defensive effieciency, rebounding, turnovers per possession etc ) are not that great, S16 type team BUT I think you could safely argue that those numbers are skewed because 3/4 of their games have been vs top 100 competition.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KU is battle tested. Its weird because their metrics ( ie offensive efficiency, defensive effieciency, rebounding, turnovers per possession etc ) are not that great, S16 type team BUT I think you could safely argue that those numbers are skewed because 3/4 of their games have been vs top 100 competition.

this is exactly why the numbers sometimes just can't tell the whole story, and is PRECISELY the reason I never buy into Pitt's numbers. When you play SHIT competition in the OOC, of COURSE your numbers will look great!

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, please, fuck it up gators...

I think Arizona would smash Florida this year. Zona got away with a W against UF last season but this year they earn their victories the old fashioned way: they don't let opponents score easily in the last few minutes, while securing the ball on offense and nailing clutch FGs.

Arizona may not appear like an explosive, 40 minute full throttle offensive machine, but make no mistake, they wear opponents down and score when they must. And they have been tested both home and away.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as excited as i am for duke-SU

i am extremely bitter that we went with the ACC & not the b10.

the b10 adding LAX & growing into a BB powerhouse certainly added salt to the wound

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no dominant teams, all pretty good though. Pretty consistent.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Arizona would smash Florida this year. Zona got away with a W against UF last season but this year they earn their victories the old fashioned way: they don't let opponents score easily in the last few minutes, while securing the ball on offense and nailing clutch FGs.

Arizona may not appear like an explosive, 40 minute full throttle offensive machine, but make no mistake, they wear opponents down and score when they must. And they have been tested both home and away.

Now we have Walker coming back, I'm not so sure about that. We might lose, yes, smashed; no. That Nick Johnson they have is possibly the best player in CBB and he never seems to have a bad game. Florida will not wear down as we have in the past because our bench is excellent as we play at least 9 guys each game and all 9 score. Also, I think the Florida defense is right at the top of college basketball. I'm still in shock from last year's game with Arizona. I think they had a lead in that game for 3 seconds total and that was the right 3 seconds to be leading the game. LOL....I would love to see the two teams meet in the final 4....wouldn't that be nice?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have Walker coming back, I'm not so sure about that. We might lose, yes, smashed; no. That Nick Johnson they have is possibly the best player in CBB and he never seems to have a bad game. Florida will not wear down as we have in the past because our bench is excellent as we play at least 9 guys each game and all 9 score. Also, I think the Florida defense is right at the top of college basketball. I'm still in shock from last year's game with Arizona. I think they had a lead in that game for 3 seconds total and that was the right 3 seconds to be leading the game. LOL....I would love to see the two teams meet in the final 4....wouldn't that be nice?

Agreed. That would be awesome.

I think Zona and Florida are both unique in that they don't rely on anyone person for scoring. Very balanced teams, though Florida is a bit deeper (especially with Walker playing now).

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think with Kansas is that while they have really turned it around its been in the Big12. Against a conference they annually dominate.

And I am also still not a believer of the Big12 as a whole. Called Baylors tank. Everyone is hopping on these teams but they keep getting "impressive" wins against each other. Or in the case of ISU anything but on the road.

If I had to pick a new 4th team for my final 4 now I'd probs go cuse. But ill just stay with UL cuz again, no one else really sticks out.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. That would be awesome.

I think Zona and Florida are both unique in that they don't rely on anyone person for scoring. Very balanced teams, though Florida is a bit deeper (especially with Walker playing now).

you can say this same thing for MSU too

Zona and Cuse depth kind of make me hesitant in the tourney. I like Zona's scoring talent more though and they rebound great.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can say this same thing for MSU too

Zona and Cuse depth kind of make me hesitant in the tourney. I like Zona's scoring talent more though and they rebound great.

Depth is why I still think Iowa can make a legit run to an Elite 8 or Final 4 if things fall right. Anytime you can go 8/9/10 deep and not lose much it gives you a big advantage especially in the second game of the weekend, That said this team needs to figure out how to make a crucial FT late or we may get bounced second round.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think depth is overrated come tournament time. UL basically played 6 last year, UK played 6 the year before. A team like Arizona, who only plays 7 basically every game, will be better for the tournament than a team like Iowa IMO. Iowa has more depth, but that won't help them to much in the tournament.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think depth is overrated come tournament time. UL basically played 6 last year, UK played 6 the year before. A team like Arizona, who only plays 7 basically every game, will be better for the tournament than a team like Iowa IMO. Iowa has more depth, but that won't help them to much in the tournament.

agreed. Our 6th man is going to be a lottery pick as early as this year (but most likely next year). show me one other team that can say that?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. Our 6th man is going to be a lottery pick as early as this year (but most likely next year). show me one other team that can say that?

Well, yeah AZ is obviously really talented as well, and much more so than Iowa. I'm just speaking in generalities. Give me an extremely talented 1-6/7 over a very good 1-5, and a great 6-10. Also not trying to dis Iowa either, they are a solid top 20 team IMO, have a great shot at a S16 and if the chips fall right could be an E8 type of squad.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yeah AZ is obviously really talented as well, and much more so than Iowa. I'm just speaking in generalities. Give me an extremely talented 1-6/7 over a very good 1-5, and a great 6-10. Also not trying to dis Iowa either, they are a solid top 20 team IMO, have a great shot at a S16 and if the chips fall right could be an E8 type of squad.

Yep thats about right IMO.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its overrated later in tourneys when teams are super talented ( ie Zona, Cuse, MSU etc ). I do not think its overrated the first 3 games or so. At some point depth is irrelevant if your starting 5 is not nearly as good as the other teams ( unless you can get the other team in foul trouble ) BUT when your starters are comparable then your bench plays a HUGE part IMO.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool.

Big12 only had 8 out of 10. Think 4 in top 25, with Texas at 26.

Also do not understand Kansas at number 1? :noidea:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is why I still think Iowa can make a legit run to an Elite 8 or Final 4 if things fall right. Anytime you can go 8/9/10 deep and not lose much it gives you a big advantage especially in the second game of the weekend, That said this team needs to figure out how to make a crucial FT late or we may get bounced second round.

I'll tell you what, if the hawkeyes hope to make any kind of run in the Tourney, they better figure out how to make free throws. It doesn't really matter how deep our team is when you can get open looks. MSU made us look foolish with their D. Watching our jump shooters run around trying to get open and consistently taking the shot clock down to 10 - 15 sec or less and coming away without points ain't gonna get it done and when they do get to the line and miss the first shot of a 1 and 1, you aren't gonna win.

The team has talent and depth, but the inconsistency will have to be fixed.