• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ethical question...

Should of the guy nominating Jordy, disclosed the info?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethical poll...

Our $100, 12 team dynasty league started at 11 am pacific coast time yesterday. After finishing up the last of my research, I take my cheat sheets and food up to the draft as it's at another guy's house which is over 20 minutes away.

The league is auction and we have $200 to buy our team with. A guy nominates Jordy Nelson, I win the bid for $32 and I feel it's a good price cause my sheet had him priced at $39 because we start 3 WR. Immediately after, the guy goes.... Oh he blew his knee out and the room bursts out laughing and says, sucks to be you.

I look at my phone and the news comes out at 10:25 am. Exactly the same time, I was driving up to the draft. I could understand if the news came out last night and I didn't check that morning. Shame on me but to have zero warning and then lose over 15% of my bankroll?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethical poll...

Our $100, 12 team dynasty league started at 11 am pacific coast time yesterday. After finishing up the last of my research, I take my cheat sheets and food up to the draft as it's at another guy's house which is over 20 minutes away.

The league is auction and we have $200 to buy our team with. A guy nominates Jordy Nelson, I win the bid for $32 and I feel it's a good price cause my sheet had him priced at $39 because we start 3 WR. Immediately after, the guy goes.... Oh he blew his knee out and the room bursts out laughing and says, sucks to be you.

I look at my phone and the news comes out at 10:25 am. Exactly the same time, I was driving up to the draft. I could understand if the news came out last night and I didn't check that morning. Shame on me but to have zero warning and then lose over 15% of my bankroll?
Kinda shitty.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some real bullshit to do to a guy when they likely would have know you were unaware that he just got injured. I would have spent the rest of my money taking every good RB, not taken any other positions at all, and really fucked up the league for everyone else at that point. Shitty friends, man.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some real bullshit to do to a guy when they likely would have know you were unaware that he just got injured. I would have spent the rest of my money taking every good RB, not taken any other positions at all, and really fucked up the league for everyone else at that point. Shitty friends, man.

I will say I was 50/50 about even playing in that league. They are all simps and manginas who enjoy watching other people fall. I already dropped out of the other leagues. The only reason I wanted to keep playing is because I enjoy playing fantasy football in general so much.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a guy offer a 2nd and a 5th for Jordy on Friday night. I'm guessing I will just stash him on IR now.

I'd say your ordeal is hard to swallow. Seems a dickhead move by all those guys.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 guys had a chance to stick up for you and didn't. Quit the league 5 minutes before kickoff week 1, and stick those guys with the empty spot. Let them clean up that mess.

What goes around, comes around.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound like very good friends to me, especially since no one said anything once he was nominated and let people bid on him.

If I were you, I'd tell your 'friends', you really want to play in the league, but something has come up and they'll need to find a replacement. They screwed you over, might as well do the same to them. :)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 guys had a chance to stick up for you and didn't. Quit the league 5 minutes before kickoff week 1, and stick those guys with the empty spot. Let them clean up that mess.

What goes around, comes around.

I take back what I said you should do. I think Rob's idea is brilliant. Especially if you waited til right before kickoff, as they would have no way to fill the spot. Hell -- you could do it the day before or even a couple days before and have the same effect, as there is no chance they fill the spot and would have to completely re-draft.

In an auction league -- it is next to impossible to line up everyone's schedule to do the draft.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take back what I said you should do. I think Rob's idea is brilliant. Especially if you waited til right before kickoff, as they would have no way to fill the spot. Hell -- you could do it the day before or even a couple days before and have the same effect, as there is no chance they fill the spot and would have to completely re-draft.

In an auction league -- it is next to impossible to line up everyone's schedule to do the draft.

Yep. Quit right before kick off and leave the league one final message before you go:

"Sucks to be you!"

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I was 50/50 about even playing in that league. They are all simps and manginas who enjoy watching other people fall. I already dropped out of the other leagues. The only reason I wanted to keep playing is because I enjoy playing fantasy football in general so much.

You have the same problem I do. If you weren't such an asshole, you could find real friends.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm the only asshole here. As shitty as it is that they did that to you thunder, it's not their fault that you didn't know what everyone else obviously knew. Not saying you shouldn't be pissed, I'd be pissed too, but I wouldn't really blame them for it. I'd sure as hell let someone pick a guy out for the season, especially if money is on the line.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm the only asshole here. As shitty as it is that they did that to you thunder, it's not their fault that you didn't know what everyone else obviously knew.

The thing is, not everybody knew. The fact that news came out right before the draft, I think it's pretty much a low move. Everyone basically laughed as they also didn't know but thought it was hilarious that someone got duped. The only saving grace is it's a keeper league and I get him for one or two more good seasons. I was just curious as to what people in here felt about the behavior. I pretty much knew those guys didn't give two rats ass about me or anyone outside of themselves anyways. Crab mentality.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm the only asshole here. As shitty as it is that they did that to you thunder, it's not their fault that you didn't know what everyone else obviously knew. Not saying you shouldn't be pissed, I'd be pissed too, but I wouldn't really blame them for it. I'd sure as hell let someone pick a guy out for the season, especially if money is on the line.

FF should be more about the fun than the money. Money can be had anywhere. You should be able to trust the 11 other guys you're in a league with to not engage in collusion against you. Sounds like they knew damn well he was on his way over for the draft when the injury happened, then of all players, Jordy is nominated by another guy, then a 2nd guy executes Rollingthunder with a "Sucks to be you." That stinks like a set up.

Fuck that shit.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this was an injury that happened a week before the draft or even a day before the draft -- I'd agree 100% with you. The fact it happened while he was driving over to the guys house for the draft, I think it is common courtesy to announce it to those who had to make any type of drive to get to the draft.

As someone else stated. Fantasy football is more about fun with your friends. The money is just to make it more interesting. If you are willing to screw over a friend for a 100 dollar fantasy football league -- you obviously don't have the 100 dollars to spend.

That is just my opinion though. I don't take fantasy football that serious. It is about getting together with friends and having fun being a GM, drafting a team and talking trash.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was an injury that happened a week before the draft or even a day before the draft -- I'd agree 100% with you. The fact it happened while he was driving over to the guys house for the draft, I think it is common courtesy to announce it to those who had to make any type of drive to get to the draft.

This was more or less, 100% of what I was thinking. If it was even the night before...... Shame on me. Driving on the way over, come on!

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an asshole thing to do, but I don't think it's really out of line. I'm not sure if I would say anything. I like my friends, but I also like beating them in fantasy football.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit a keeper league I was in once after 6 years when the commish actually allowed the Super Bowl to be determined by a vote. His stupid kid claimed he "forgot" to set his line up Super Bowl week, and of course lost when the QB he started had a shitty week while his benched QB went off (forget who they were). This kid lost in the SB to another guy, but would have won had be started his benched QB. Kid cries foul and daddy puts the SB to a vote, which the kid wins thanks to his dad's friends.

I was friends with the commish. Haven't spoken to him since.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit a keeper league I was in once after 6 years when the commish actually allowed the Super Bowl to be determined by a vote. His stupid kid claimed he "forgot" to set his line up Super Bowl week, and of course lost when the QB he started had a shitty week while his benched QB went off (forget who they were). This kid lost in the SB to another guy, but would have won had be started his benched QB. Kid cries foul and daddy puts the SB to a vote, which the kid wins thanks to his dad's friends.

I was friends with the commish. Haven't spoken to him since.

Yeah, that is pretty fucked up actually. Sorry but the guy had AMPLE time to set the lineup. And in most cases, if someone drafted a player who is hurt via auction or snake draft, I would say fuck it, if they had over 24 hours to find out and just came unprepared. That dude had at least a week to set his lineup or have someone else do it. No sympathy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethical poll...

I'd punch that fag in the balls when I find the right time and place.

When someone try's to draft a player that's hurt at my live drafts, people ask "you know he's hurt, right?"

I'd prolly not be in a league with people like that again. Regardless of who it was that drafted an injured player without heads up.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FF should be more about the fun than the money. Money can be had anywhere. You should be able to trust the 11 other guys you're in a league with to not engage in collusion against you. Sounds like they knew damn well he was on his way over for the draft when the injury happened, then of all players, Jordy is nominated by another guy, then a 2nd guy executes Rollingthunder with a "Sucks to be you." That stinks like a set up.

Fuck that shit.

FF isn't about the money when no money is involved. If there's money on the line, it's about the money.