• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN's Uncomfortable, Unnerving Relationship with the NFL: How ESPN Is Just a Mouthpiece for the NFL

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We're all better now."

You never see the angles.
lol

i cant believe this. isnt this the SAME thing people said about "why would they target their star player??? it makes no sense!"

wells report redux.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why should it abate? Is the reason anything more than because you personally trust them?

I trust them just like I trust all other news sources. If they report something that makes sense to me and I have no reason to challenge it, then I trust it.

I don't expect any news source to be objective or perfect and I don't get upset when they do things for purely selfish reasons.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not being a dick...you simply...just dont get it.

and its ok.

millions here do.

I see a lot of Patriot fans seeing evil intent by the NFL because otherwise they would have to face the prospect that their team DOES cheat. So to avoid dealing with that possibility they need to believe that it is all a huge conspiracy by the NFL to harm their team because that is the most logical explanation once you remove the MOST logical explanation.

IF this recent article is a plant, it is clearly a plant in attempt to besmirch Goodell and set him up to get fired. But even that is unlikely.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of Patriot fans seeing evil intent by the NFL because otherwise they would have to face the prospect that their team DOES cheat. So to avoid dealing with that possibility they need to believe that it is all a huge conspiracy by the NFL to harm their team because that is the most logical explanation once you remove the MOST logical explanation.

IF this recent article is a plant, it is clearly a plant in attempt to besmirch Goodell and set him up to get fired. But even that is unlikely.
well, like i said...this sounds JUST like the "why would the league target its star player in a smear campaign? it makes no sense!" sarcastic rants earlier this year.

what did we learn?

the league did just that.

i bet you believe the wells report too.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why does this not apply to CBS, NBC, and FOX?

Do you have a SHRED of evidence to support the notion that ESPN is actively protecting the NFL?

Funny how evidence goes from "critical" to meaningless when it suits Pats fans.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no... a media outlet is a mouthpiece for a major organization/institution/corporation!!! Tell me it ain't so...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, like i said...this sounds JUST like the "why would the league target its star player in a smear campaign? it makes no sense!" sarcastic rants earlier this year.

what did we learn?

the league did just that.

i bet you believe the wells report too.

Except that many of us understood quite well why they went after Tom Brady and the Patriots. If this article is true, then it makes even more sense.

Your reasoning is horribly flawed. It is a weird post hoc reasoning in which you are justifying your assertion by distorting previous arguments enough to fit this situation.

There are CLEAR reasons why this article is deeply negative towards the NFL. You can't just wave them away and say "Because the NFL wants to harm the Patriots" because that makes no sense either.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that many of us understood quite well why they went after Tom Brady and the Patriots. If this article is true, then it makes even more sense.

Your reasoning is horribly flawed. It is a weird post hoc reasoning in which you are justifying your assertion by distorting previous arguments enough to fit this situation.

There are CLEAR reasons why this article is deeply negative towards the NFL. You can't just wave them away and say "Because the NFL wants to harm the Patriots" because that makes no sense either.
ive distorted nothing.

its still on SportsHoopla, enjoy it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive distorted nothing.

We-are-laughing-GIF.gif

BradPittsEvilTwin

Keaton for President '16
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again. So what? Why is this so egregious?

Because it seems to me that if ESPN were really trying to protect the NFL and hurt the Patriots they would have released this story BEFORE the ruling.

No way. If the premise is that ESPN is the NFL's bitch, then Goodell would hold this back unless it was needed. Why release the story if he won? But, by holding it back in case things didn't go how he wanted them, he has this "ace" up his sleeve to misinform and mold public opinion once again. Releasing it early would not likely effect a judge at all.

People won't care if it's true or not, just like they didn't care that the balls weren't 2lbs under, Brady didn't refuse his phone or records, he didn't destroy the phone because it was called for, etc... People believe what they want to believe and Goodell is playing that angle exceptionally well. This story is intended to sway public opinion, which is easily manipulated.

BradPittsEvilTwin

Keaton for President '16
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is your logical explanation for the following intentional lies put out by the NFL in the last 7 months:

11 of the 12 balls were 2+ lbs underinflated
Wells is independent
Brady refused to turn over his phone
Brady refused to turn over his phone records
Brady destroyed the phone instead of turning it over to Wells

This is just a small sample, but an important one. What possible reason could the NFL have for putting out these lies other than to turn public opinion against Brady and the Patriots?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. If the premise is that ESPN is the NFL's bitch, then Goodell would hold this back unless it was needed. Why release the story if he won? But, by holding it back in case things didn't go how he wanted them, he has this "ace" up his sleeve to misinform and mold public opinion once again. Releasing it early would not likely effect a judge at all.

People won't care if it's true or not, just like they didn't care that the balls weren't 2lbs under, Brady didn't refuse his phone or records, he didn't destroy the phone because it was called for, etc... People believe what they want to believe and Goodell is playing that angle exceptionally well. This story is intended to sway public opinion, which is easily manipulated.

How could Goodell not think it was needed, 99% of the Pat fans knew Goodell and the NFL were circling the drain.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ESPN is just a mouthpiece for the NFL then what does that make Goodell?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand your post.

Well how many Pat fans kept insisting Goodell case was being harshly questioned by Berman?

Maybe it's time the FBI steps in and investigate the whole NFL. The League, all 32 teams, Owners, Coaches, Players, and for good measure Judge Berman. I doubt the pats are the only team acting in such a questionable manner, but there sure is a large pilet of shit on Kraft porch.