• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN's Uncomfortable, Unnerving Relationship with the NFL: How ESPN Is Just a Mouthpiece for the NFL

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again. So what? Why is this so egregious?

Because it seems to me that if ESPN were really trying to protect the NFL and hurt the Patriots they would have released this story BEFORE the ruling.
or

or

the nfl got its ass kicked in court, and called their buddies at ESPN and dangled a carrot.

"hey guys, you know TBS had a nice bid for that football night...not that we're threatening to leave, but it would be super swell if you could release this stuff we just made up/dug up/exaggerated. since most of the people who watch you religiously are dumb and swallow anything, it benefits all of us"

which is why they got all of this explosive, juicy new info...just them. them only.

you think nbc and fox etc dont have investigative journalists? their reporters dont dig for, and find, stuff?

yet ESPN gets this...only espn, quickly and in one huge serving...days after the league was buttfucked in federal court.

people STILL think morts report was right...that speaks volumes about the ESPN viewer on average.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or

or

the nfl got its ass kicked in court, and called their buddies at ESPN and dangled a carrot.

"hey guys, you know TBS had a nice bid for that football night...not that we're threatening to leave, but it would be super swell if you could release this stuff we just made up/dug up/exaggerated. since most of the people who watch you religiously are dumb and swallow anything, it benefits all of us"

Sure. Why not? Of course the fact that you don't have a shred of evidence to support your theory, shouldn't detract from its obvious validity.

I'm sure Don Van Natta Jr. and Seth Wickersham were just sitting around last week and invented this entire article as a way to help out the NFL. Because the NFL DEFINITELY wants the story that Goodell knowingly and willfully covered up for the Patriots cheating, to be a national story.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Why not? Of course the fact that you don't have a shred of evidence to support your theory, shouldn't detract from its obvious validity.

I'm sure Don Van Natta Jr. and Seth Wickersham were just sitting around last week and invented this entire article as a way to help out the NFL. Because the NFL DEFINITELY wants the story that Goodell knowingly and willfully covered up for the Patriots cheating, to be a national story.
the rest of my post:

which is why they got all of this explosive, juicy new info...just them. them only.

you think nbc and fox etc dont have investigative journalists? their reporters dont dig for, and find, stuff?

yet ESPN gets this...only espn, quickly and in one huge serving...days after the league was buttfucked in federal court.

people STILL think morts report was right...that speaks volumes about the ESPN viewer on average.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the NFL DEFINITELY wants the story that Goodell knowingly and willfully covered up for the Patriots cheating, to be a national story.

Yeah. This is the part I don't get. This makes the NFL look BAD. Why would they want that?

th?id=JN.b4lieeDutanIUNeMIdZfEg&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rest of my post:

And you STILL aren't explaining why the NFL would want this to be a national story. The story alleges that the NFL covered up for a team actively cheating. How in the world is that possibly good for the NFL?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. This is the part I don't get. This makes the NFL look BAD. Why would they want that?

View attachment 27424
yet you got everything else prior that was nearly the same shooting of the foot, like the wells report etc?

"your honor, those precedents mr kessler introduced were via a neutral arbitrator. this case wasnt done by a neutral arbitrator, thus that case law doesnt apply"

the above actually happened

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you STILL aren't explaining why the NFL would want this to be a national story. The story alleges that the NFL covered up for a team actively cheating. How in the world is that possibly good for the NFL?
because it makes the patriots look like the serial killer that got away, and the nfl like the bumbling cops that left the cruiser door open for him to escape.

followed by a press conference that it will never happen again

that should make abundant sense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it makes the patriots look like the serial killer that got away, and the nfl like the bumbling cops that left the cruiser door open for him to escape.

followed by a press conference that it will never happen again

that should make abundant sense.

That makes absolutely no sense. So the NFL decided that looking like incompetents would be a good idea as long as it makes one of their franchises look bad?

How in the world does that benefit the NFL?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah, the NFL really wants the world to see it is incompetent and toothless, right?

You guys seriously think they wanted this outside the lines story? They look worse than the Pats. The story shows the Pats cheated, but it also shows that the NFL swept it under the rug.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah, the NFL really wants the world to see it is incompetent and toothless, right?

You guys seriously think they wanted this outside the lines story? They look worse than the Pats. The story shows the Pats cheated, but it also shows that the NFL swept it under the rug.

Um, because Keystone Cops and such.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes absolutely no sense. So the NFL decided that looking like incompetents would be a good idea as long as it makes one of their franchises look bad?

How in the world does that benefit the NFL?
wow..

im floored you dont understand.

floored, im serious. i thought of you as a smarter type.

and im not trying to be a dick.

my above example is spot on.

take the short term PR hit to smear your opponent further. the nfl knows they always recover. they have, and they will.

(thus my bumbling cops analogy)

the serial killer will always be the serial killer (thus my analogy). bumbling cops are forgiven. protocols put in place, people forget. serial killers live in infamy...and thats a huge, key word.

infamy.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take the short term PR hit to smear your opponent further. the nfl knows they always recover. they have, and they will.

The Patriots are NOT the opponent of the NFL. And what does smearing the Patriots achieve?

the serial killer will always be the serial killer (thus my analogy). bumbling cops are forgiven. protocols put in place, people forget. serial killers live in infamy...and thats a huge, key word.

infamy.

You haven't explained WHY the NFL wants to smear the Patriots. It makes absolutely no sense unless you engage in some seriously bizarre conspiracy thinking.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eek:

I am actually agreeing with @flyerhawk

WTF is this world coming to. :agree:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are NOT the opponent of the NFL. And what does smearing the Patriots achieve?

You haven't explained WHY the NFL wants to smear the Patriots. It makes absolutely no sense unless you engage in some seriously bizarre conspiracy thinking.
im not being a dick...you simply...just dont get it.

and its ok.

millions here do.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"We're all better now."

You never see the angles.