• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Shutting Down Team Forums

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that made ESPN forums useful is was a site trolls felt comfortable with and called home. Which helped boards like SportsHoopla from having to deal with as many trolls. Now with ESPN closing, trolls are looking for a new home. It's going to take a while to weed out the trouble makers. I'm sure your finding that true on your 49er board

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These boards seem a lot cleaner and well run than the ESPN boards.

I haven't noticed much trolling on the niner board, or this one. But I will say that you seem to allow troll bait threads without allowing trolls on the hawks board which seems like an odd way of saying you don't want trolls around if you ask me. You allow hawk fans to go off on Kaepernick and then heavily moderate the niner fan responses. Seems a bit underhanded to me. The niners board seems more even keel on both not allowing troll bait threads as well as not allowing trolls.

My 2 cents.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These boards seem a lot cleaner and well run than the ESPN boards.

I haven't noticed much trolling on the niner board, or this one. But I will say that you seem to allow troll bait threads without allowing trolls on the hawks board which seems like an odd way of saying you don't want trolls around if you ask me. You allow hawk fans to go off on Kaepernick and then heavily moderate the niner fan responses. Seems a bit underhanded to me. The niners board seems more even keel on both not allowing troll bait threads as well as not allowing trolls.

My 2 cents.

Funny thing is that I saw 49ers fans saying your Russell Wilson was pure troll bait. Not only that, 49ers fans notice you post in a very similar fashion to very infamous troll.

I going to tell you right out front. Do not camp on this board. 49ers have a board for 49ers fans. Any 49er fan that camps on the Seahawk board, will not last here long.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where is that thread? It was kind of in response to the one on Kaepernick on this board, and they said they wanted to take it down because they felt it was troll bait. Over here you allow all kinds of troll bait threads then tell people not to troll.

Thats my point. Take it for what you will.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about the Kaep cap threads? It's all over the media. In fact the 49er board has it own Kaep cap thread. So I'll consider that a "fail" on your part.

Now your Russell Wilson was a manufactured troll thread and I commend the 49ers posters who called you out.

Frankly your wearing out your welcome here. Stick to the 49er board.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about the Kaep cap threads? It's all over the media. In fact the 49er board has it own Kaep cap thread. So I'll consider that a "fail" on your part.

Now your Russell Wilson was a manufactured troll thread and I commend the 49ers posters who called you out.

Are you a moderator here or something? Because seriously you are not very good at it. Between the Kaepernick hat and the Kaepernick is stupid threads you had some clear troll bait going on. Its pretty clear how the seahawks board is run if you ask me... you allow seahawk fans to make all kinds of derogatory and troll lure posts and then clamp down hard on any fan from another team that chimes in. Its a pretty nice little protected nanny state you are running over here.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you a moderator here or something? Because seriously you are not very good at it. Between the Kaepernick hat and the Kaepernick is stupid threads you had some clear troll bait going on. Its pretty clear how the seahawks board is run if you ask me... you allow seahawk fans to make all kinds of derogatory and troll lure posts and then clamp down hard on any fan from another team that chimes in. Its a pretty nice little protected nanny state you are running over here.

There are not that many derogatory posts like you claim. You just sniff out what there is then get sensitive about it. I think that you just got used to visiting the Hawk board and trolling it over at ESPN, now you're having a hard time giving it up.

Just remember, you are the guy creating a thread calling Wilson gay. If I were you, I would watch who I accuse of troll baiting.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frankly your wearing out your welcome here. Stick to the 49er board.

I know right? These guys act like it was only laughed at here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actual good posters like Jikkle, Rvnight18 , yossarian, and Ninersickness are welcome here any time. However it's becoming very clear that you and Robotic Dreams are here to troll. So I'm warning both of you to go back to the 49er board and quit the trolling here.

ThroatYogurt4You

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beaker is pissed he got called out. A thread devoted to calling Wilson gay is nothing but bait.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, now breaker is trolling the mods on another teams board? How much patience are we supposed to have for these people? I mean really. I guess I've found my first need for the ignore feature.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You what WizardHawk , your right ! Time for being patient is done. Time to do some thing about him.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, he's done a pretty good job, since no one posted on this board for years before he became moderator here. You need to stick to the smack talk thread with this type of stuff, sir. If I see it out in another thread like this again, further action will be taken (IYKWIM).

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Kaep Cap thread? Because that thread was open to 49er fans. it was a thread to make lighthearted fun of this whole stupid Cap thing with a Caption this picture. the whole incident was laughable and was blown WAY out of wack and deserved a spot on this forum, as well as all the other 31 teams forums. I stated in that thread that I welcomed 49er fans to also make a Kaep Cap caption for the picture inserted into it. Have fun with it, its not like there was any back handed jabs at 49er fans or team. Embrace the freedom and have fun, Or not and be miserable.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I welcomed 49er fans to also make a Kaep Cap caption for the picture inserted into it. Have fun with it, its not like there was any back handed jabs at 49er fans or team...

So blown out of proportion.
I would say the thread was presented affably and of good intent.

I'm assuming you're being ironic?

Hell yeas! Assume away without making an ass of anyone.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a hypocrite troll use to say, 49er Board that way >>>>>>>>>>>