• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN reporting Fitzgerald soon to be traded

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughable.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz>Calvin. Calvin is the only guy you can compare to Fitz and have a chance of being taken seriously, though.

We see you trollin'

We hatin'

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is up with this board tonight? Looney bin hold a graduation and let people out?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz>Calvin. Calvin is the only guy you can compare to Fitz and have a chance of being taken seriously, though.

Did you see the game today? Megatron is a man among all others.

Gordon is having great game after game with shit QBs. Weeden for more than a year, now he has Campbell. He has great potential.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. That $18mil was really going to limit what they can do, plus I think they were one of those teams that leaned so heavily on one player that it made them easier to beat the older he got and with less talented QBs.

Exactly. His cap number is crippling that team. A WR like that isn't going to help when you have a crappy QB and offensive line.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a massive chance of NE happening now without specific rumors already. There would have to be discussions on a new deal happening already to give up the value needed. Could it get done in a day with the right talks? Absolutely. It would take quick work to make it happen this year, though. Offseason could also be a real possibility. I don't think it's a huge secret we like fitz. I personally think he's the best receiver in the league. I would love for it to happen. If it does amendola probably goes this offseason, though. That's too much money at receiver.

Do think New England would be willing to spend that kind of money on a WR?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even with no QB's (minus Warner for a brief stint) Fitz is the youngest to 800 receptions.

Which of course means he's the best WR today.

Jerry Rice was the youngest to 1500 though, so he must be the best WR in the league right now.

I think it's also worth noting he's the YOUNGEST, not the fastest. Part of that comes from entering the league as a RS soph with a birthday in the second half of the year.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imac doing work tonight with the logic and the arguments and the whatnot. I dig it.

:canada:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do think New England would be willing to spend that kind of money on a WR?

For hands down the best in the league? A deal could be reached. He'd have to take a cut from where he is now but paying him and releasing Amendola would make sense.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For hands down the best in the league? A deal could be reached. He'd have to take a cut from where he is now but paying him and releasing Amendola would make sense.

I don't think you would buy what you are trying to sell.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Let's overlook the fact that you are now calling him "hands down the best in the league" and instead focus on the fact you didn't actually answer the question.

Would New England be willing to spend that kind of money on Fitzgerald?

The implication is no, since you say he'd have to take a cut.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which of course means he's the best WR today.

Jerry Rice was the youngest to 1500 though, so he must be the best WR in the league right now.

I think it's also worth noting he's the YOUNGEST, not the fastest. Part of that comes from entering the league as a RS soph with a birthday in the second half of the year.

He's the most accomplished in the game today and he's not done yet. That's all I'm saying.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's the most accomplished in the game today and he's not done yet. That's all I'm saying.

Wonderful. You came in supporting a guy that is saying Fitz today is hands down the best WR in the league.

The fact that he's the most accomplished active WR is further evidence that he isn't worth as much as Gordon (or Nicks), since he's old.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Randy Moss is still available...

If he comes back, does that move Fitz down the list? :noidea:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you would buy what you are trying to sell.

I absolutely would. I would be much happier acquiring Fitzgerald than Calvin and I'm not joking. We already have a guy who can do the whole jump ball thing and at everything else Fitzgerald is better. Better hands, better routes, better quickness and elusiveness, better adjustment to the ball in the air, and much, much more versatility. Yes, Calvin is bigger and there are some plays only he can make, but Fitzgerald is much more complete and nearly as good on a decently thrown jump ball. I'm not joking when I say he is hands down the best in the league. What he brings is matched by no one else.

Let's overlook the fact that you are now calling him "hands down the best in the league" and instead focus on the fact you didn't actually answer the question.

Would New England be willing to spend that kind of money on Fitzgerald?

The implication is no, since you say he'd have to take a cut.

18 mil? No. I don't think anyone will. If he gets moved to a contender (would it be worthwhile for him to moved to another bad team? I don't think anyone ends up happy there.) he will be reworking his contract. I am willing to pay him well. His current contract is prohibitive and why I said a deal tomorrow would be extremely unlikely. But the right deal can be made, especially when they can get a good chunk back by releasing Amendola. Also, I believe that when Hernandez is convicted the patriots may get some space back on his contract depending on some wording, based on some articles I have read discussing it. That could clear up a lot of room that they have had to prepare to not have it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonderful. You came in supporting a guy that is saying Fitz today is hands down the best WR in the league.

The fact that he's the most accomplished active WR is further evidence that he isn't worth as much as Gordon (or Nicks), since he's old.

He is thirty and could easily continue for more than enough years to be worth plenty. I might go as far as a first and another pick if allowed to work the contract out. I would do a third or fourth for nicks with the same condition on discussing an extension, and would think about a seventh at best for Gordon, only because injuries have been hurting this team on both sides of the ball.