• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN FPI Predicts Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Michigan 2019-2020 Playoff, w/ Big 12 and Pac-12 Shut Out

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have the best shot on paper. OSU lost a bunch of talent and an elite head coach. PSU lost McSorley and MSU has no offense. We play MSU and OSU at home. Whether that translates to the field is TBD.

Games aren’t won on paper. Until Harbaugh shows he can win a big game — UM shouldn’t even be mentioned with the likes of Alabama, Clemson, etc.

It is depressing to even have to say it, but too many UM fans have blinders on and are in love with the ‘wait til next year’ slogan.

Offseason championships mean nothing. Show us on the field and then they will earn the respect many UM fans feel they deserve. As of right now — they don’t deserve that respect.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games aren’t won on paper. Until Harbaugh shows he can win a big game — UM shouldn’t even be mentioned with the likes of Alabama, Clemson, etc.

It is depressing to even have to say it, but too many UM fans have blinders on and are in love with the ‘wait til next year’ slogan.

Offseason championships mean nothing. Show us on the field and then they will earn the respect many UM fans feel they deserve. As of right now — they don’t deserve that respect.
That's kind of silly. I'm fine with being mentioned like this, because it's true. The expectations are there - no? The talent is there - no? I don't think anyone is comparing past success in these kind of articles. If UM has a 40% shot at making the CFP playoff, that also means there's a 60% chance at not. You're of the "I need to see it" mindset and to that point, Michigan has gone into the OSU game 2-3 times with a shot at achieving exactly this. We've been right there almost every season under Harbaugh so it makes sense to be on these kind of lists.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of silly. I'm fine with being mentioned like this, because it's true. The expectations are there - no? The talent is there - no? I don't think anyone is comparing past success in these kind of articles. If UM has a 40% shot at making the CFP playoff, that also means there's a 60% chance at not. You're of the "I need to see it" mindset and to that point, Michigan has gone into the OSU game 2-3 times with a shot at achieving exactly this. We've been right there almost every season under Harbaugh so it makes sense to be on these kind of lists.
What big time game has Harbaugh won, thus proving he is able to actually win the biggest and most challenging games?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What big time game has Harbaugh won, thus proving he is able to actually win the biggest and most challenging games?
Harbaugh blew out the B10 champs just a couple seasons ago.....

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh blew out the B10 champs just a couple seasons ago.....
VT beat the eventual national champions a couple season ago.

MI beat an unranked team, that was not a big time game. Beating them at the end of the season would have been different.
But hey moral victory in the off season.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT beat the eventual national champions a couple season ago.

MI beat an unranked team, that was not a big time game. Beating them at the end of the season would have been different.
But hey moral victory in the off season.
What? your argument is that because the eventual B10 champs weren't ranked when Michigan dominated them that season that it somehow doesn't count? Well, that's a stupid opinion.

Also, would VT's win over the eventual NC's not count as a big win? If someone said, "when has VT ever won a big game in the last X amount of years" and someone pointed out that win, would that not count?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve never even made the B1G championship game in Indy. Talking about UM with teams like Bama and Clemson is foolish. We shouldn’t even be talked about in the same sentence with OSU right now.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve never even made the B1G championship game in Indy. Talking about UM with teams like Bama and Clemson is foolish. We shouldn’t even be talked about in the same sentence with OSU right now.
The past has no influence on the potential of this upcoming team. That's why it's dumb. If we made the national championship game in 2015, that would have no bearing on this upcoming season or the potential for success.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but....but...

mike riley ruined the AAF so he could go back there
But... but... people would watch spring football. Group of 5 should move to spring...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past has no influence on the potential of this upcoming team. That's why it's dumb. If we made the national championship game in 2015, that would have no bearing on this upcoming season or the potential for success.

You shouldn't be talked with the likes of Bama or Clemson for this season either.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or any other conference for that matter. 0 Pac championships 0 Big championships 0-8
You are forgetting about his FCS conference championships back when his freshman class was in preschool.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? your argument is that because the eventual B10 champs weren't ranked when Michigan dominated them that season that it somehow doesn't count? Well, that's a stupid opinion.

Also, would VT's win over the eventual NC's not count as a big win? If someone said, "when has VT ever won a big game in the last X amount of years" and someone pointed out that win, would that not count?
VT beating tOSU was a big win regardless of rank. Because it was VT.

The PSU team that MI beat was not the same PSU team that won the B1G. That same MI team lost to unranked Iowa but that was near the end of the season. That was a big win for Iowa.

I know you are a novice but teams change during the season. I used tOSU as a prime example of that. But hey I guess any win over a decent team is a "big" win for MI.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys also lost basically your entire defensive front 7, have an incredibly unproven RB stable, have a green position coach calling all offensive plays, and have to replace two important defensive coaches. It wouldn't shock me at all if the B1G was shutout again from the CFP, unfortunately. Could be a 10-2 team winning the conference.
So, two ACC and two SEC teams huh? Or one ACC and three SEC teams...cuz ESPN has already established the fact that the PAC 12 and Big 12 ain't gettin' a team in.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, two ACC and two SEC teams huh? Or one ACC and three SEC teams...cuz ESPN has already established the fact that the PAC 12 and Big 12 ain't gettin' a team in.
SEC, ACC, ND and, of course, UTEP

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or any other conference for that matter. 0 Pac championships 0 Big championships 0-8
Bububububububuttttttttttttttttttttttt....2013 Superbowl Runner Up man!

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are forgetting about his FCS conference championships back when his freshman class was in preschool.
didnt forget it just didnt count it. i dont think its relevant to the conversation. thats like counting Boise State's DIAA national championship in the same conversation of National Championship playoff

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt forget it just didnt count it. i dont think its relevant to the conversation. thats like counting Boise State's DIAA national championship in the same conversation of National Championship playoff
It’s more of a preemptive strike because they will remind you about that and what he did in the NFL because that’s totally relevant.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC, ACC, ND and, of course, UTEP
giphy.gif