• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN 2019-2020 Preseason Power Rankings

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN 2019-2020 Preseason Power Rankings (below is just the list; there's more commentary in the linked article):

1. Clemson
  2. Alabama
  3. Georgia
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Ohio State
  6. Michigan
  7. LSU
  8. Notre Dame
  9. Florida
  10. Texas
  11. Oregon
  12. Texas A&M
  13. Utah
  14. Washington
  15. Penn State
  16. Auburn
  17. UCF
  18. Iowa
  19. Nebraska
  20. Stanford
  21. Syracuse
  22. Wisconsin
  23. Army
  24. Michigan State
  25. Iowa State

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14. Washington

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M & Awburn too low

I don't know that I buy that. In fact, I think both might be overrated.

A&M lost so much last season. They lost Trayveon, the best running back the Aggies have ever had. They lost their 2 tight ends, Sternberger and Wood. They also lost 2 starters on the offensive line. They've still got Mond and their receivers, but those are serious losses in production. I don't see any reason the offense should be greatly improved with the lost of their best player and a lot of their blocking production. In addition, A&M won most of their games, not through their offense, but through their defense. They had the fourth best rushing defense in the country, and it makes games a lot easier when your opponent cannot run the ball. They lost their six best defenders, including 5 of their front 7. But yeah, with A&M, I see a team that was #16 last year whose offense should be about the same or worse and a defense that should be worse. On top of that, they have the toughest schedule in the country. I'm not seeing higher than #12 here.

Auburn should have a really good defense. They probably will have the best or second best defensive line in the SEC. They also have two fantastic safeties. However, they lost all their starting linebackers (and Britt is NOT Davis) and have real questions at cornerback. I think it will be a good defense, but probably stops short of being great. Offensively, Auburn has a ton of questions. They were like 90th in the country in offense last year. Now, Stidham is gone, as is their top 2 receivers. Last I heard, we still don't know who Stidham's replacement is between Nix and Gatewood. They don't really have a good running back, and while the entire offensive line came back, they were trash, so I don't know if that's a good thing. They also have one of the worst P5s kickers. I see them as between 20 and 25 in talent, but I don't know if they'll finish ranked, since they have Oregon, Mississippi State, A&M, Florida, LSU, Georgia, and Bama on their schedule.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G - 7 teams
SEC - 6 teams
PAC 12 - 4 teams
Big 12 - 3 teams
ACC - 2 teams
Independents - 2 teams
AAC - 1 team

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. 19 Nebraska
i

Nebraska's 2018 season started off extremely shaky under new coach Scott Frost, but almost midway through the season, the team started to click. The Huskers won four of their last six games and went back and forth with Ohio State before losing 36-31. They showed a lot of improvement, and Frost is hoping that continues with sophomore quarterback Adrian Martinez running the offense. The offense should be better given the extra time in this system, so Nebraska could make some noise in the conference and nationally if they can build off the end of last season

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fun to joke about, but I don't like them being ranked. Everyone is too high on us right now. First loss will practically be a death knell it seems.

On a different note, pretty fucking sad that Nebraska can have all this hype coming into a season and only be ranked #19. But that is what a few bad hires can do to a program. It is honestly remarkable how bad Riley was. I am not singling him out as Callahan was a bad hire and hiring Pelini was iffy in hindsight, but DAMN... he knew how to fuck shit up quickly.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I buy that. In fact, I think both might be overrated.

A&M lost so much last season. They lost Trayveon, the best running back the Aggies have ever had. They lost their 2 tight ends, Sternberger and Wood. They also lost 2 starters on the offensive line. They've still got Mond and their receivers, but those are serious losses in production. I don't see any reason the offense should be greatly improved with the lost of their best player and a lot of their blocking production. In addition, A&M won most of their games, not through their offense, but through their defense. They had the fourth best rushing defense in the country, and it makes games a lot easier when your opponent cannot run the ball. They lost their six best defenders, including 5 of their front 7. But yeah, with A&M, I see a team that was #16 last year whose offense should be about the same or worse and a defense that should be worse. On top of that, they have the toughest schedule in the country. I'm not seeing higher than #12 here.

Auburn should have a really good defense. They probably will have the best or second best defensive line in the SEC. They also have two fantastic safeties. However, they lost all their starting linebackers (and Britt is NOT Davis) and have real questions at cornerback. I think it will be a good defense, but probably stops short of being great. Offensively, Auburn has a ton of questions. They were like 90th in the country in offense last year. Now, Stidham is gone, as is their top 2 receivers. Last I heard, we still don't know who Stidham's replacement is between Nix and Gatewood. They don't really have a good running back, and while the entire offensive line came back, they were trash, so I don't know if that's a good thing. They also have one of the worst P5s kickers. I see them as between 20 and 25 in talent, but I don't know if they'll finish ranked, since they have Oregon, Mississippi State, A&M, Florida, LSU, Georgia, and Bama on their schedule.
Sorry....I forgot the sarcasm font. Just know for future reference if I state that an SEC team is too low in the polls that I'm just trolling. Thanks.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is A&M expected to win big this year?
Sorry....I forgot the sarcasm font. Just know for future reference if I state that an SEC team is too low in the polls that I'm just trolling. Thanks.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now do it by Divisions

B1G - 7 teams (4 East and 3 West) Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, Mich St.//// Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin
SEC - 6 teams (2 East and 4 West) Florida, Georgia//// Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn
PAC 12 - 4 teams (3 North and 1 South) Oregon, Washington, Stanford//// Utah
Big 12 - 3 teams
ACC - 2 teams (2 Atlantic and 0 Coastal) Clemson, Syracuse
Independents - 2 teams
AAC - 1 team

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. 13 Utah
i

The media picked the Utes to win the Pac-12 title, and with 15 starters back to a team that won the Pac-12 South last year, you have to like their chances. Thousand-yard rusher Zack Moss is back, and so is a healthier Tyler Huntley, who packed on 25-plus pounds of muscle during the offseason. -- Aschoff

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking power rankings.....stupidest shit theyve come out with since “win probablility”