• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN FPI Predicts Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Michigan 2019-2020 Playoff, w/ Big 12 and Pac-12 Shut Out

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comparison. Things are a little different when you have equal or less talent than the other team. Not many times does Bishop Gorman have the least talent on the field.

When I lived in Vegas it seemed like Gorman was a powerhouse in football, basketball & baseball every year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

@cmc_rebar

You really can't spot sarcasm can you? Too funny.

Okay let me try this again. When you said OSU did you mean Oklahoma State?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair MI has won in the field they need those big games now. This is a prime year for them. Other teams are rebuilding.

They need to prove it. They need to beat OSU. They need to win the B1G. Until then, it is nothing but talk.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the fun in that?

I’ve caught a ton of shit from other UM fans, telling me I’m not a ‘real fan’, because I said UM needs to actually win something before being talked about with the teams being mentioned for the CFP.
Until they do — it is meaningless banter they don’t deserve.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess ESPN aint heard the news..

Longest active streaks in the college football AP Poll

WEST VIRGINIA: 16 WEEKS
West Virginia debuted at No. 17 in last season’s AP poll, and never dropped below 20. The Mountaineers flew as high as sixth in the nation with their 5-0 start, and end the year right at No. 20 thanks to a bowl-game loss to Syracuse. How the Mountaineers fare in the polls in 2019 center upon new faces in the spotlight. Not only does West Virginia have a new head football coach in Neal Brown, but the Mountaineers will see a new starting quarterback after Will Grier’s career ends with 8,556 yards, 81 touchdowns and 23 picks at the college level.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another offseason championship for UM. Until UM does something on the field — they should be left off any and all postseason lists.
We should have the best shot on paper. OSU lost a bunch of talent and an elite head coach. PSU lost McSorley and MSU has no offense. We play MSU and OSU at home. Whether that translates to the field is TBD.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have the best shot on paper. OSU lost a bunch of talent and an elite head coach. PSU lost McSorley and MSU has no offense. We play MSU and OSU at home. Whether that translates to the field is TBD.
You guys also lost basically your entire defensive front 7, have an incredibly unproven RB stable, have a green position coach calling all offensive plays, and have to replace two important defensive coaches. It wouldn't shock me at all if the B1G was shutout again from the CFP, unfortunately. Could be a 10-2 team winning the conference.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys also lost basically your entire defensive front 7, have an incredibly unproven RB stable, have a green position coach calling all offensive plays, and have to replace two important defensive coaches. It wouldn't shock me at all if the B1G was shutout again from the CFP, unfortunately. Could be a 10-2 team winning the conference.
All true. But as has been the case recently, we have a ton of guys returning on defense who played in a lot of games; despite being behind the guys who left. We weren't supposed to replace the guys who left in 2016 either and finished with a top 5 defense. At this point I'm not worried about our defense reloading because they've done it so consistently under Brown.

Maybe I'm being naive but I can't imagine playcalling worse than Drevno. Even some of the past OCs we've had under Hoke and RR weren't that bad. It's like he had 3 plays, run up the middle twice, and call either a TE pass or jet sweep. I think our offense could take a massive step forward just by calling plays that get our skilled position players the ball. RB will be fine. Lots of talent there and I'm sure someone will be at least OK at the position.

Maybe MSU or PSU will surprise me, but I don't see either competing for the East. IMO the OSU/Mich game will once again decide the winner of the conference. I could see both teams coming in with a conference loss though.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true. But as has been the case recently, we have a ton of guys returning on defense who played in a lot of games; despite being behind the guys who left. We weren't supposed to replace the guys who left in 2016 either and finished with a top 5 defense. At this point I'm not worried about our defense reloading because they've done it so consistently under Brown.

Maybe I'm being naive but I can't imagine playcalling worse than Drevno. Even some of the past OCs we've had under Hoke and RR weren't that bad. It's like he had 3 plays, run up the middle twice, and call either a TE pass or jet sweep. I think our offense could take a massive step forward just by calling plays that get our skilled position players the ball. RB will be fine. Lots of talent there and I'm sure someone will be at least OK at the position.

Maybe MSU or PSU will surprise me, but I don't see either competing for the East. IMO the OSU/Mich game will once again decide the winner of the conference. I could see both teams coming in with a conference loss though.
Who are these "ton of guys" on the defensive front 7 that are going to be replacing key guys like Winovich, Bush, Gary, etc? Those are major talents, and you also lost Aubrey Solomon, your highest rated replacement.

It's fortunate you play OSU at the end of the year so you can work out the play-calling kinks, because I'm sure there will be some growing pains. Also, how is there "lots of talent" at RB? Your best player is probably a true freshman, and you guys have a piss poor track record at developing young, talented RBs. That's still a massive question mark.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these "ton of guys" on the defensive front 7 that are going to be replacing key guys like Winovich, Bush, Gary, etc? Those are major talents, and you also lost Aubrey Solomon, your highest rated replacement.

It's fortunate you play OSU at the end of the year so you can work out the play-calling kinks, because I'm sure there will be some growing pains. Also, how is there "lots of talent" at RB? Your best player is probably a true freshman, and you guys have a piss poor track record at developing young, talented RBs. That's still a massive question mark.
Carlo Kemp, Michigan, Defensive Tackle
Michael Dwumfour, Michigan, Defensive Tackle
Donovan Jeter, Michigan, Defensive Tackle
Kwity Paye, Michigan, Weak-Side Defensive End
Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan, Strong-Side Defensive End
Luiji Vilain, Michigan, Weak-Side Defensive End

And Michigan just got that grad trasnfer from CMU, Mike Danna - who is supposedly a pretty good pickup. Was a 1st team All-MAC and already had pretty good NFL prospects. Losing Solomon was bad (losing a 5 star with starting experience is bad) but shouldn't be disastrous. (and that's not including some really highly ranked freshman who may make immediate impacts).

As for RB, Tru Wilson did just fine when he was put in. 62 attempts last year, 364 yards; 5.9 YPC. So even if the Freshman or Sophomore Christian Turner don't win the starting job, I think we'll be OK with Tru - even if he's not going to be the next Zeke Elliot.

TJabroni

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe when I see it with Michigan. Seems like the ideal year based on other team's expectations though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlo Kemp, Michigan, Defensive Tackle
Michael Dwumfour, Michigan, Defensive Tackle
Donovan Jeter, Michigan, Defensive Tackle
Kwity Paye, Michigan, Weak-Side Defensive End
Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan, Strong-Side Defensive End
Luiji Vilain, Michigan, Weak-Side Defensive End

And Michigan just got that grad trasnfer from CMU, Mike Danna - who is supposedly a pretty good pickup. Was a 1st team All-MAC and already had pretty good NFL prospects. Losing Solomon was bad (losing a 5 star with starting experience is bad) but shouldn't be disastrous. (and that's not including some really highly ranked freshman who may make immediate impacts).

As for RB, Tru Wilson did just fine when he was put in. 62 attempts last year, 364 yards; 5.9 YPC. So even if the Freshman or Sophomore Christian Turner don't win the starting job, I think we'll be OK with Tru - even if he's not going to be the next Zeke Elliot.
Those are just players. Not a single one had even 30 tackles last year. It's not like you're returning maybe 2-3 of your leading tacklers last year. They're all green, which was my point. Also, Danna didn't have any NFL prospects. In fact, the Detroit Free Press said, "He wasn't an NFL prospect after his fourth year".

Wilson has yet to make a difference against a team with a pulse. Most of his hay was made last year against the bottom of the conference, so that's going to be a big leap for him to even come close to Higdon's production last year. Again, I know there are bodies, but they're completely unproven.

I'm not saying this to just take a jab at michigan, moreso to point out that the league is wide open and I expect more parity this year than in previous years.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are just players. Not a single one had even 30 tackles last year. It's not like you're returning maybe 2-3 of your leading tacklers last year. They're all green, which was my point. Also, Danna didn't have any NFL prospects. In fact, the Detroit Free Press said, "He wasn't an NFL prospect after his fourth year".

Wilson has yet to make a difference against a team with a pulse. Most of his hay was made last year against the bottom of the conference, so that'd going to be a big leap for him to even come close to Higdon's production last year. Again, I know there are bodies, but they're completely unproven.

I'm not saying this to just take a jab at michigan, moreso to point out that the league is wide open and I expect more parity this year than in previous years.
We only had two DL with more than 30 tackles last year; Gary and Winovich. But Paye, Dwumfour and Kemp combined for 67 tackles last year behind those two. Like I said, a decent amount of experience even at second string. We have plenty of LB talent to replace Bush. Josh Ross, Khaleke Hudson and Devin Gil all return. Josh Uche is a name that's being tossed around as Bush's replacement. But we'll see.

Tru Wilson had decent attempts against some bigger name teams last year. Against OSU he had 8 attempts and averaged almost 5 YPC on those. More importantly, Turner was ruled the starter for the bowl game last year. And while we didn't run a whole lost (trailing most of that game) it was an important note. My guess is that he'll be the starter this year but it's dependent on a lot of things. Hell, even Chris Evans' return isn't out of the question.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only had two DL with more than 30 tackles last year; Gary and Winovich. But Paye, Dwumfour and Kemp combined for 67 tackles last year behind those two. Like I said, a decent amount of experience even at second string. We have plenty of LB talent to replace Bush. Josh Ross, Khaleke Hudson and Devin Gil all return. Josh Uche is a name that's being tossed around as Bush's replacement. But we'll see.

Tru Wilson had decent attempts against some bigger name teams last year. Against OSU he had 8 attempts and averaged almost 5 YPC on those. More importantly, Turner was ruled the starter for the bowl game last year. And while we didn't run a whole lost (trailing most of that game) it was an important note. My guess is that he'll be the starter this year but it's dependent on a lot of things. Hell, even Chris Evans' return isn't out of the question.
I think you'll be better off at LB than DL. Gary and Winovich were true difference makers, and I just don't see anything close to that left on the roster. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe guys like Villain and Hutchison become forces, but right now they're all pretty green and not big-play guys.

Wilson had 6 yards on 4 carries against OSU before their final drive of the game when we were up by 30, then he had 26 yards on your final drive when we had 3rd stringers in. That's not decent attempts at all. That's garbage time.