• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Annoys Me

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poll, Seahawks lost it/Patriots won it.

Pats won it fair and square. Seattle didn't 'lose it'. I guess when Seattle gets to the 1 yard line we should just auto give them the game right? The Pats are CLEARLY helpless against Marshawn, nobody has ever stopped him at the 1 yard line (except 4/5 teams during the season), and no iconic power back has EVER fumbled before in that situation (Bettis 05).

Whatever. I respect Bill for saying that the outrage and all the lash at Seattle is completely inappropriate as well.

Eh whatever, end rant.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ESPN. A ready mute button is always a good idea.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a close game. Who ever executed at the end would win it and Patriots executed. Espn just is desperate for fodder to talk about as football brings the ratings. We will all tune out most of those programs until the combines and draft.
My own viewing has already dropped from a couple hours a day to just a few minutes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you watch espn is the biggest question

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......I heard mark brunell has officially stopped "crying"........10-minutes ago/right when the parade ended....!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get ESPN but I always watch the pregame shows on sunday and Primetime after on TSN.

I like Tommy Jackson and Cris Carter.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is the world's biggest trolling network. It works well... the more people they piss off, the more clicks/viewership they get. That's why they are where they are & hire idiots to work for them.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get ESPN but I always watch the pregame shows on sunday and Primetime after on TSN.

I like Tommy Jackson and Cris Carter.

I like Chris Carter. I think Tom Jackson is overrated. He had a hard time looking past the interception at the end as if that was the only reason the Patriots won. Something the other people could recognize.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree completely, and yes ESPN is dreadful.
The truth is that it was a hard fought game, Seattle started pulling away, while the Pats sputtered and then put 14 points on the best D in the league to gain back the lead. What happened at the end was one play, actually two that almost made it a remarkable comeback by Seattle. But also, it was a fantastic defensive play by Butler. To not call time out in the waning seconds turned out to be a masterful decision by BB, as it got Seattle thinking, what are they doing now?
Great game and I am so happy the Pats were able to thwart another last second loss in the SB.
Kudos to the Seahawks, and of course to the Pats as well.
:suds:

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports media in general is terrible.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the matchup I wanted to see. I wanted the Seahawks to win, but the truth of the matter is the Patriots did earn the win. It's not their fault Carroll made a horrible play call. Besides it's not like it wasn't the only chance the Seahawks had to win the game. Try stopping Edelman on 3rd & 14. I can't believe the Seahawks didn't put Sherman on him the entire game. Coaching mistakes happen. It's part of the game.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interceptions happen too. It wasn't just the coaching. I get why they asked this stupid question though. Look at the comment section of any sports website and people constantly throw out the "they didn't win, we have it away." It's how a lot of fans think when they lose. Espn knows what they are doing, as annoying as it is.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a close game. Who ever executed at the end would win it and Patriots executed. Espn just is desperate for fodder to talk about as football brings the ratings. We will all tune out most of those programs until the combines and draft.
My own viewing has already dropped from a couple hours a day to just a few minutes.

Since the Patriots won the Super Bowl they are scrambling to say "nice things" about them since they ALL called the Pats washed up and finished and wouldn't make Bowl and Brady was finished.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better team won. It's unfair to say Seattle "lost" it other than in the literal sense.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the matchup I wanted to see. I wanted the Seahawks to win, but the truth of the matter is the Patriots did earn the win. It's not their fault Carroll made a horrible play call. Besides it's not like it wasn't the only chance the Seahawks had to win the game. Try stopping Edelman on 3rd & 14. I can't believe the Seahawks didn't put Sherman on him the entire game. Coaching mistakes happen. It's part of the game.

I think BB not calling a TO before the INT was a huge. I think maybe Seattle expected a TO and when it didn't come, they rushed things maybe? Makes more sense to me that way at least.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BB not calling a TO before the INT was a huge. I think maybe Seattle expected a TO and when it didn't come, they rushed things maybe? Makes more sense to me that way at least.

I think that played into what Seattle was hoping for. They needed to run time off the clock too. If they ran with Lynch at 1:06 on the clock and he scored a TD, then it gives Brady around 50-55 seconds after the kickoff to score just a FG. That's way too much time given that they'd been driving on Seattle's injured defense the entire 4th quarter AND they still had 2 timeouts.

I don't think Carroll/Bevell were rushed at all. They had just enough time to use all 4 of their possessions if needed AND to have run down the clock. The INT happened, so that's all moot, but it wasn't because they were rushed.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that played into what Seattle was hoping for. They needed to run time off the clock too. If they ran with Lynch at 1:06 on the clock and he scored a TD, then it gives Brady around 50-55 seconds after the kickoff to score just a FG. That's way too much time given that they'd been driving on Seattle's injured defense the entire 4th quarter AND they still had 2 timeouts.

I don't think Carroll/Bevell were rushed at all. They had just enough time to use all 4 of their possessions if needed AND to have run down the clock. The INT happened, so that's all moot, but it wasn't because they were rushed.

True, but it was a huge gamble on BB's part. Also showed that he believed somewhere deep down that the his D could stop Seattle on the goal line. That takes a lot of balls, no pun.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Chris Carter. I think Tom Jackson is overrated. He had a hard time looking past the interception at the end as if that was the only reason the Patriots won. Something the other people could recognize.

It had a lot to do with it.

Tommy like Ray Lewis likes defense. I still like Tommy, Keyshaun too. And Ditka.

He should have looked at the playoff games and end of the season to see just how tough it was to get a TD on the Pats in the 4th quarter.... I believe they gave up no 4th quarter TDs in their last 8 games? Including Buffalo loss?

And still got 2 in the 4th themselves on the great Seattle defense.....

Last edited by a moderator: