• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Analyst Calls Nebraska Game Best Experience Ever

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're experience may vary

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hearing a lot of people saying how great the atmosphere was. I thought it was kind of dull, although that may be a result of not being in the student section for the first time in 6 years.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hearing a lot of people saying how great the atmosphere was. I thought it was kind of dull, although that may be a result of not being in the student section for the first time in 6 years.
So you were mixed in with the blue hairs?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh hell yeah. Night and day difference.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listened to that last night. it was a good statement about nebraska. the main thing being how we are the model of sportsmanship that every team in the country should follow. i haven't been to a lot of away games but from the few i have and from the friends that have told me, i completely understand what this guy is saying. some fan bases are just down right horrible and for what, because you don't like their team. i mean show some respect and class and be a good host.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This narrative is getting old for me. I get it, Nebraska has classy fans. Self-proclaimed best fans in the land. Big whoop. I'd rather have banners and trophies and the worst fan base in the country.

Our motto should just be, "Nebraska, we might be average, but at least our fans are classy"

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

down in front...SIT DOWN!!!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent an entire half back in the mid 90's with a blue hair woman relentlessly yelling "SIT DOWN" in my right ear.

I was sitting. She was yelling at some people standing a couple rows in front of me when the Huskers were on defense.

It was K. State @ Nebraska.

She made the game miserable for everyone around her.

I finally turned and asked her to stop yelling "SIT DOWN" in my ear, and told her that they'd paid for their tickets too so they could stand if they want. Some mid 20's looking dude that was with her (grand-kid???) tried to pick a fight with me. I so wanted that punk to take a swing at me.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i went with my dad in 2008 and he was the same way. i was so embarassed

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent an entire half back in the mid 90's with a blue hair woman relentlessly yelling "SIT DOWN" in my right ear.

I was sitting. She was yelling at some people standing a couple rows in front of me when the Huskers were on defense.

It was K. State @ Nebraska.

She made the game miserable for everyone around her.

I finally turned and asked her to stop yelling "SIT DOWN" in my ear, and told her that they'd paid for their tickets too so they could stand if they want. Some mid 20's looking dude that was with her (grand-kid???) tried to pick a fight with me. I so wanted that punk to take a swing at me.

Why on God's green Earth would anyone want to stand when Nebraska is on defense???

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was lucky enough to have front row seats in the south end zone so I could sit or stand if I wanted to. Sad to give up my claim to the seats due to painful back issues in 1996. I saw my brother Saturday (who now has the three seats) after a Husker TD. Good to see him at the game as he has been fighting stage 4 Prostate Cancer. I would love to go to games again, but I can't sit or stand for an entire game even with those soft seat things. We use to have a guy that would whistle into our ears the whole game. Dude wore radio earphones so I doubt he knew how loud he was. He died as did many of the folks that sat in our area so the section had a youth movement of sorts going on back in the 90's.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if serious????

Sarcasm. I no longer enjoy going to the games for many reasons. I love a good tailgate but being 6ft 4 inches, those benches were not made for people like me. I don't enjoy sitting with my knees in somebody's back, and somebody's knees in my back. Also we had seats in the North end zone and it blew my mind. People would stand up for the most random things, but then sit down when we were on defense, and even on big 3rd down plays. I couldn't understand it.

And more often than not I ended up at the Embassy Suites at halftime where the beer tasted too damn good and the seat was way more comfy that the douche's knees who was sitting behind me in the North end zone.