• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Reid is a heat seeking missle

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If there's one kind of player whom you can't judge by stats it's a DB. Although Reid's picks are nice (and the one he caused, which Brock got), they only tell a very small portion of the story.

Other than a few missed tackles (one which Jordy Nelson pushed off & wasn't called), he's been practically flawless. And he's established himself as an intimidating hitter. I loved the lick he put on Aaron Rodgers.

Bingo didn't ever say Reid wasn't a good safety prospect. He just liked Cyprien a little more, and he thought DJ Swearinger would be just as good as he. Bingo did lament how many great prospects were there in the 3rd (although I think the Niners got the best one on Lemonier; Bingo liked Damontre Moore a little moore :) and we both liked John Jenkins & Keenen Allen, but Lemonier has always been my favourite).

At this point in the season, I'm THRILLED and liberated that the Niners traded up for Reid instead of taking a guy like Cyprien, Elam or Swearinger.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one kind of player whom you can't judge by stats it's a DB. Although Reid's picks are nice (and the one he caused, which Brock got), they only tell a very small portion of the story.

Other than a few missed tackles (one which Jordy Nelson pushed off & wasn't called), he's been practically flawless. And he's established himself as an intimidating hitter. I loved the lick he put on Aaron Rodgers.

Bingo didn't ever say Reid wasn't a good safety prospect. He just liked Cyprien a little more, and he thought DJ Swearinger would be just as good as he. Bingo did lament how many great prospects were there in the 3rd (although I think the Niners got the best one on Lemonier; Bingo liked Damontre Moore a little moore :) and we both liked John Jenkins & Keenen Allen, but Lemonier has always been my favourite).

At this point in the season, I'm THRILLED and liberated that the Niners traded up for Reid instead of taking a guy like Cyprien, Elam or Swearinger.

Dang, Keenan Allen is looking pretty good right now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

who whiffed that tackle on Fitzgerald, allowing him to score?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyprien has higher tackle number because jags offense? I have not seen a jaguars game.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathieu getting no love? I only see a few people talking him up.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What is there to admit in particular? Since we made that pick, I was very critical towards Baalke from the onset because he gave up a high third round pick. I knew in that instant passing up on Keenan Allen would have been a bad idea. I never was critical of Eric Reid, the player, in terms of what he brings to the table. I always thought that having both Keenan Allen and Jonathan Cyprien would have been a better combination than having Eric Reid alone.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/3063176-post1.html

Oh, I always thought you didn't like Eric Reid the player. Nevermind then.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm cool that we got Reid. But would've took Keenan Allen & Jonathan Cyprien over just Reid. J.C. is just as good as Reid IMO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm cool that we got Reid. But would've took Keenan Allen & Jonathan Cyprien over just Reid. J.C. is just as good as Reid IMO.

we can only wait and see if JC pans out as good as Reid?

btw- if we go back to draft day, no way Baalke knows JC and Allen are still on the board? so while i get the gist of the argument against trading up for Reid, also taking "JC and Allen" as hypothetical.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we can only wait and see if JC pans out as good as Reid?

btw- if we go back to draft day, no way Baalke knows JC and Allen are still on the board? so while i get the gist of the argument against trading up for Reid, also taking "JC and Allen" as hypothetical.

just to add... At that time, the Niners had recently acquired Anquan Boldin via trade with the Raven, Michael Crabtree was not yet injured, the Niners have Kyle Williams coming back from injury, AJ Jenkins was not yet considered a bust pick, they had high hopes for Lockette, and they expected Manningham back after week 6... WR was not a high priority then...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid just seems to be playing at a different speed compared to most players. He's been excellent. I'm not sure that Cyprien and the others play the game as fast as Reid; however, I admit I haven't watched the other rookie free safeties very much. I've just seen little bits and pieces of their play, mostly on Red Zone.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% satisfied with Reid and where we took him and how we took him.

The woulda, shoulda, coulda draft pick scenarios drive me crazy. If earlier picks change all later picks are subject to change as well. You cannot assume if one change is made that all other picks will fall as we desire. Possible but no guarantees.

Finally, everyone calls out the players that turn out to be good or great but rarely if ever do I see folks admitting to their whiffs.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just to add... At that time, the Niners had recently acquired Anquan Boldin via trade with the Raven, Michael Crabtree was not yet injured, the Niners have Kyle Williams coming back from injury, AJ Jenkins was not yet considered a bust pick, they had high hopes for Lockette, and they expected Manningham back after week 6... WR was not a high priority then...

The woulda, shoulda, coulda draft pick scenarios drive me crazy. If earlier picks change all later picks are subject to change as well. You cannot assume if one change is made that all other picks will fall as we desire. Possible but no guarantees.

Finally, everyone calls out the players that turn out to be good or great but rarely if ever do I see folks admitting to their whiffs.

:agree:

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said. :clap:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke certainly has earned some criticism, the 2012 draft was a disaster, with not one player contributing in any significant way so far -- franchises don't stay successful with too many drafts like that, but he hit with Reid. I haven't read enough about the other safeties taken to see how he compares, except that the Saints are pretty happy with Vaccaro.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke certainly has earned some criticism, the 2012 draft was a disaster, with not one player contributing in any significant way so far -- franchises don't stay successful with too many drafts like that, but he hit with Reid. I haven't read enough about the other safeties taken to see how he compares, except that the Saints are pretty happy with Vaccaro.

vaccaro is solid, but reid looks like something special