• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Reid is a heat seeking missle

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even go to anyone else's page, I think the only other pages that I've been on were the Jayhawks (which is pretty much empty) and the Chiefs (which is pretty much empty)

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all the naysayers who said he was a SS at best....

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a missile. How many times did he seem to come out of nowhere to lay on a big hit? A lot. He did miss one tackle on Jordy Nelson, though.

nelson is a squirmy lil guy, he made a couple ppl look dumb.

reid is looking good and seemed to settle down as the game went on. big clean hits.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same guy when I talked about how good he was people here were saying that we shouldn't have traded up to get him?? Do those same people want to come out and say they were wrong, or should we revisit that thread?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall we will be ok with this kid. I think he does some things better then Goldson and Goldson does somethings better then him. The good thing Reid will get better and Goldson is on the decline.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Reid is close or might already be better than Goldson in the coverage department. He is playing as I expected and further validates his draft slot. I was happy to get him.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is talking about the INT that didnt happen, but he sure as hell high pointed that ball well. It looked like he was the receiver and not the defender. Yeah it didn't count but he sure played that perfect.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At some point, Bingo will give him props-hopefully...

I never had anything against him. Never called him a slouch, a bum, or whatever. I just said there were players at #18 that could have been a much better option for us.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To back up bingo, IF he HAD said Reid would be a bust (he didn't) I am sure he would love to be proven wrong.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same guy when I talked about how good he was people here were saying that we shouldn't have traded up to get him?? Do those same people want to come out and say they were wrong, or should we revisit that thread?

I said we shouldn't have traded up to get him and I still believe that. With the safety class the way it was in this draft no safety was worth trading up for IMO. And the players on the board at #18 had more value then Reid. With that said Reid is a good player never knocked him for his play but I believe and still do till proven other wise that Cyprien or Elam could do the same or very similar things as Reid and they were both available at 31

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it's one game can we pump the brakes on Reid being as good or better the Goldson after 1 game. I hope this is true but give the kid at least the season before we start making the comparison to a 2 time all pro

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU fans know all too well how great this kid can be. He has all the physical tools and is an absolute terror in coverage! Just as his initials would indicate, he hits to send people there!

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would even take the position that the second int. (called back because of Smiths offsides) did count (to a degree). Rodgers knew we jumped offsides and had a free play, so if that ball ends up in the hands of the Packers, they simply decline the penalty and its a touchdown. While Reid doesn't get credit for the interception, he SHOULD get credit for a pass defended (at the least) and realistically a touchdown prevented. (Kind of like a catcher in baseball, where as a run prevented is just as good as a run driven in).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also it's one game can we pump the brakes on Reid being as good or better the Goldson after 1 game. I hope this is true but give the kid at least the season before we start making the comparison to a 2 time all pro

agree. very happy in his debut but certainly not jumping the gun.

those who didn't like that trade will never be satisfied, cause the response will always be "nothing against Reid but....". whether its that 3rd round pick or other Safeties 'just as good', the reply will always be.....well it wasn't about Reid anyway.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would even take the position that the second int. (called back because of Smiths offsides) did count (to a degree). Rodgers knew we jumped offsides and had a free play, so if that ball ends up in the hands of the Packers, they simply decline the penalty and its a touchdown. While Reid doesn't get credit for the interception, he SHOULD get credit for a pass defended (at the least) and realistically a touchdown prevented. (Kind of like a catcher in baseball, where as a run prevented is just as good as a run driven in).

While at it, let's give Eddie Lacy 60 plus rushing yards against our tough D. I mean he did break through for decent gains several times, a few of them were called back because of holding against his offense. At the same time he did earn those yards, so he deserves it. :L

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Reid has been very impressive all preseason and did more than just hold his own against one of the best passing offenses in the league. I'm sold. He was a GREAT pick.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all the naysayers who said he was a SS at best....
Im not sure about naysayer, but I still would like to draft or pickup a player like Clinton-Dix and move Reid to ss. Thats not a knock on him. A solid safety should be able to play both if need be. I personally like ballhawks at fs. To me, Reid would be more of a force at ss because of his size, ability to stop the run, as well as solid coverage skills to take out all these te's that are being used now. All the Jimmy Grahms, Gronks, Jared Cooks and so forth wouldn't be a mismatch for him.

Good fs or Troy Polomalu at ss. He is the best option at fs right now.

With all that said, I love having him on the roster, that was a hell of a debut.