• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Mangini Regrets Spygate

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody read the whole article? It was interesting. Sounds like the man genius was straight fucked with no lube, dinner, or even a kiss far as the Favre situation if what he said is true.

And he can't even join the club far as having regret over drafting Gholston. If Mangini had 3 hours I could lay out all the regrets I have over the Redskins drafting and that's just in the last 5 - 10 years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, NFL never had any loss of control of the Colts balls where a guy slipped out and ran off to a bathroom with them alone. Plus Colts balls I believe were all properly inflated on at least one of the gauges which was not true for the pats ones.

Plus, I don't think the Colts ball boy was running around with the nickname of "The Deflator". I mean sure, they may have a sound tech who's nickname is The "Pump up artificial crowd noise guy", who just HAPPENS to control the PA system... lol Obviously a reference to his work as a DJ at his sisters birthday party... right?
I'm not sure anyone on NE sideline had a guage either? Yet Indy did. Who knows for sure what guages were used (if they were used prior to the game)? If Indy started on the high side and NE started on the low side that makes perfect sense.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure anyone on NE sideline had a guage either? Yet Indy did. Who knows for sure what guages were used (if they were used prior to the game)? If Indy started on the high side and NE started on the low side that makes perfect sense.

Well the referees all agreed they were. The excuses that it may not have happened intentionally just don't pass the smell test for me. Too many holes, too many coincidences, too much hiding. I can't get myself to buy into that.

But either way, they've paid their price, I don't think that ring is tainted, it's a ring, that wasn't taken by the league, that's all that matters for me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the referees all agreed they were. The excuses that it may not have happened intentionally just don't pass the smell test for me. Too many holes, too many coincidences, too much hiding. I can't get myself to buy into that.

But either way, they've paid their price, I don't think that ring is tainted, it's a ring, that wasn't taken by the league, that's all that matters for me.
The refs couldn't agree 100% on who used what guage at the start of the game. Nor could they agree what the starting psi's were. Thus all the controversy between readings since they had to measure with both guages afterward. Thus those findings were debunked. So Goodell suspended Brady for more than likely having knowlegde something happened. That and that he didn't cooperate fully.

No one can say why all the Indy balls weren't checked. Please running out of time? A team of officials ccouldn't measure 8 more balls. Yet an equipment guy could deflate 12 in 90 seconds. Also nothing for an Indy equipment player guaging a ball on the sidelines.

Hey I'm playing devil's advocate. If Roger wants us to buy it's about parity and integrity of the shield let's penalize Indy and make the findings from last seasons suprise checks public.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs couldn't agree 100% on who used what guage at the start of the game. Nor could they agree what the starting psi's were. Thus all the controversy between readings since they had to measure with both guages afterward. Thus those findings were debunked. So Goodell suspended Brady for more than likely having knowlegde something happened. That and that he didn't cooperate fully.

No one can say why all the Indy balls weren't checked. Please running out of time? A team of officials ccouldn't measure 8 more balls. Yet an equipment guy could deflate 12 in 90 seconds. Also nothing for an Indy equipment player guaging a ball on the sidelines.

Hey I'm playing devil's advocate. If Roger wants us to buy it's about parity and integrity of the shield let's penalize Indy and make the findings from last seasons suprise checks public.

I agree, the case isn't perfect. It's a miracle when they are. But that kind of evidence is plenty enough to get anyone fired at work. I don't think the league should sit there and wait for 100% proof where they need a video camera in every bathroom to see what's happening.

I could care less if the Colts balls were all tested. Sure it would have been better to say not just 4 balls show higher no matter which gauge you use of the Colts balls over the Pats. Maybe they just happened to pick the 4 highest inflated... And sure there's a .0056% chance that could have been what happened and the rest would tell a different story.

Really for me it was over when the deflator name came out who happened to be the person who absconded with the footballs. Other things added to that. Sure the NFL asked for the info from Brady's phone and he destroyed that one immediately after that was asked (replacing it for a phone he never got according to his own lawyer, and somehow didn't destroy his previous phones which was supposedly his normal practice).

All those things just keep adding on. And when the best defense is "maybe this or that" it doesn't sway me one bit.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that will always ALWAYS hurt is the Brian Dawkins quote after the SB that Philly lost to Patriots 24-21...

"Got to give it to the Patriots. We were winning at half time but the adjustments they made at half time seemed like they new our plays in the 2nd half"

UUUGH!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the case isn't perfect. It's a miracle when they are. But that kind of evidence is plenty enough to get anyone fired at work. I don't think the league should sit there and wait for 100% proof where they need a video camera in every bathroom to see what's happening.

I could care less if the Colts balls were all tested. Sure it would have been better to say not just 4 balls show higher no matter which gauge you use of the Colts balls over the Pats. Maybe they just happened to pick the 4 highest inflated... And sure there's a .0056% chance that could have been what happened and the rest would tell a different story.

Really for me it was over when the deflator name came out who happened to be the person who absconded with the footballs. Other things added to that. Sure the NFL asked for the info from Brady's phone and he destroyed that one immediately after that was asked (replacing it for a phone he never got according to his own lawyer, and somehow didn't destroy his previous phones which was supposedly his normal practice).

All those things just keep adding on. And when the best defense is "maybe this or that" it doesn't sway me one bit.
Not sure all your facts are accurate? Brady's phone wasn't destroyed until after Wells ans co. Said they didn't nedd his personal phone. Not a team or NFL phone.

Actually if all 12 balls were tested it likely points to what all the experts say. The ideal gas law explains all balls will lose x amount of air under those conditions (not a controlled test). Again if NE balls start at the bottom range and Indy's balls the upper range it supports why NE balls tested lower.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that will always ALWAYS hurt is the Brian Dawkins quote after the SB that Philly lost to Patriots 24-21...

"Got to give it to the Patriots. We were winning at half time but the adjustments they made at half time seemed like they new our plays in the 2nd half"

UUUGH!

McNabb puking his guts out in the huddle didn't help you either.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb puking his guts out in the huddle didn't help you either.

Yet another one who falls for this urban myth. Ted Bruschi blitzed up the middle and hit McNabb with a helmet to helmet hit when McNabb threw up. McNabb said he though he had a concussion from that hit but stayed in. Just a few plays after throwing up McNabb throws a beautiful deep pass for a TD to Greg Lewis. Somehow that helmet to helmet hit has turned into McNabb was scared and choking when in fact he led his team on a 70+ yard drive and beautiful deep pass TD on the same drive that he threw up on.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody read the whole article? It was interesting. Sounds like the man genius was straight fucked with no lube, dinner, or even a kiss far as the Favre situation if what he said is true.

And he can't even join the club far as having regret over drafting Gholston. If Mangini had 3 hours I could lay out all the regrets I have over the Redskins drafting and that's just in the last 5 - 10 years.

Mangina has nobody to blame for his failures but him. "Yeah, I was one of the architects of Spygate, but it didn't help us that much."

Of course, that's why you blew the whistle on it.

I'm no fan of the way the Patriots conducted that whole thing, but the snitch is always the biggest weasel. I don't feel bad for him getting his shit pushed in after the Favre move. The old saying goes "Snitches get put in ditches", and that's where his career is.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another one who falls for this urban myth. Ted Bruschi blitzed up the middle and hit McNabb with a helmet to helmet hit when McNabb threw up. McNabb said he though he had a concussion from that hit but stayed in. Just a few plays after throwing up McNabb throws a beautiful deep pass for a TD to Greg Lewis. Somehow that helmet to helmet hit has turned into McNabb was scared and choking when in fact he led his team on a 70+ yard drive and beautiful deep pass TD on the same drive that he threw up on.

I don't really care. It was a throw away line against a QB that I never liked. Especially after he came to my team and cared more about what the best restaurants in Mankato, MN were than he did learning the damn playbook.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mangina has nobody to blame for his failures but him. "Yeah, I was one of the architects of Spygate, but it didn't help us that much."

Of course, that's why you blew the whistle on it.

I'm no fan of the way the Patriots conducted that whole thing, but the snitch is always the biggest weasel. I don't feel bad for him getting his shit pushed in after the Favre move. The old saying goes "Snitches get put in ditches", and that's where his career is.

I thought it was "snitches get stitches"....We could remix it a bit eh...."Snitches get stitches after they end up in ditches, cuz they're a bunhca bitches."

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't it Terrell Owens who first made that claim? That Donny McDirtball threw up cuz he was outta shape?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it Terrell Owens who first made that claim? That Donny McDirtball threw up cuz he was outta shape?

Freddie Mitchell said he had to call the play, then TO said the next season "I'm not the one who got tired in the Superbowl". Good line, but he was doing it just because he didn't get the money he wanted.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie Mitchell said he had to call the play, then TO said the next season "I'm not the one who got tired in the Superbowl". Good line, but he was doing it just because he didn't get the money he wanted.

Word. TO was certified bitch-made. He started that Jeff Garcia is gay rumor as well cuz he was butthurt and Garcia had a fine ass hyna.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just can't see how there's anything to argue about in this post.

I would only add that it was handled in the manner that it was because it was the Patriots. Harbaugh was embarrassed and wanted revenge and the league went along with it, doing a very poor job with their sting and a little fishy stuff on the sidelines with the intercepted ball.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care. It was a throw away line against a QB that I never liked. Especially after he came to my team and cared more about what the best restaurants in Mankato, MN were than he did learning the damn playbook.

So did people laugh at him and say "your in Minnesota kid, there are no best restaurants"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly didn't cheat today...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see how there's anything to argue about in this post.

I would only add that it was handled in the manner that it was because it was the Patriots. Harbaugh was embarrassed and wanted revenge and the league went along with it, doing a very poor job with their sting and a little fishy stuff on the sidelines with the intercepted ball.

Thanks... I wouldn't be surprised if spygate had something to do with the punishment, but I think the biggest part was when they had to fight for every inch. Once the league knew that it would have a long expensive investigation on it's hands, the stakes went up.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did people laugh at him and say "your in Minnesota kid, there are no best restaurants"

There are some good steak houses in downtown Minneapolis and in some of the richer suburbs. But your cheap shot is appreciated.