• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never be worth a top ten pick. Unless he becomes Tony Gonzalez and that isn't happening. Even if he did, it was always a horrible pick at ten. There's no amount of justifying that pick.
Not saying he will be Gonzalez(although Tony didn't ,do much better than EE his rookie year) but if he is I totally disagree with you. If he becomes a superstar tight end then it becomes a good pick. If it would have been a guy you thought was a good pick and he busted out is it still a good pick? No.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans LOVE to compare the team to the Patriots every draft year, but never mention how they snagged the best TE in the NFL in round 2 when defending the Ebron pick.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he will be Gonzalez(although Tony didn't ,do much better than EE his rookie year) but if he is I totally disagree with you. If he becomes a superstar tight end then it becomes a good pick. If it would have been a guy you thought was a good pick and he busted out is it still a good pick? No.

Ebron has as much chance to become a "superstar TE" as Mayhew has to become a superstar GM.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get my tee-shirt.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Pulls up in the SportsHoopla Police squad car...)

No hating on Ebron!

(Peels off, leaving a cloud of smoke in the face of haters)....

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get my tee-shirt.
You don't have nearly enough repressed anger to be in that particular club. You hate Mayhew, and aren't a fan of the Ebron selection, but you handle it all in far too much of a well-adjusted manner.

Just imo, naturally. :D

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have nearly enough repressed anger to be in that particular club.

See that Dolphin logo under his name? He's in the club.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron has as much chance to become a "superstar TE" as Mayhew has to become a superstar GM.
images

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans LOVE to compare the team to the Patriots every draft year, but never mention how they snagged the best TE in the NFL in round 2 when defending the Ebron pick.
Where in gods nam did this come from? Do you just make stuff up to argue against

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in gods nam did this come from? Do you just make stuff up to argue against

Are you serious? Every year during draft time dating back to the Stafford draft when you and others didn't want anything to do w a QB before the late rounds.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Every year during draft time dating back to the Stafford draft when you and others didn't want anything to do w a QB before the late rounds.
So you are pulling stuff from 8 years ago? Wow...just wow. But speaking of...the Pats in 2002 took Daniel Graham in the first round. 2 years later they took Ben Watson in the first round. I guess BB had visions of this 2 tight end powerhouse early on. Ironically he found it with Gronk and OG killa AHern a 2nd and 4th round selection. That was beastmode for a whole season.

If we learn anything from the Pats drafts...its that they draft mostly defense and lineman in the first rounds. But anywho.

I actually specifically remember my argument against drafting Stafford was that we were going to get him killed because our line sucked. That proved accurate. Fortunately he is a tough dude. Something he does not get much credit for around these parts.

PS Aaron Curry was cant miss...he was going to lead our defense.

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that Dolphin logo under his name?

anyone smell rotten fish. nope, just stinky twat. Which shall be your new nickname. rob"stinky twat" base

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that Dolphin logo under his name?

anyone smell rotten fish. nope, just stinky twat. Which shall be your new nickname. rob"stinky twat" base

Cool. Obviously my comments about the Red Wings buying the cup has gotten under your skin. Kinda my thing around here. Get used to it.

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Obviously my comments about the Red Wings buying the cup has gotten under your skin. Kinda my thing around here. Get used to it.

nah just giving u a taste of your own medicine. I've heard the wings comments a million times at this point you're just beating a dead horse

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah just giving u a taste of your own medicine. I've heard the wings comments a million times at this point you're just beating a dead horse

So own it. Wings bought cups. You've heard it a million times because it's true. I'm not the first to say it and won't be the last. They'll be saying the Wings bought cups 100 years after you're dead.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course TP tagged this post a "winner"

He also "liked" this one:

The funny thing about this conversation though is everyone always says we should do things like teams like the Patriots. The Patriots never ever would have given Suh the money it would have take to stay. Ravens and Packers are similar. The clown show fucks up, but letting a guy that wants too much money is not a bad sign.

Your current grade for the Lions 2015 off season is... | Page 6 | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

And here you are Ed, talking about how the Pats let Seymour walk when defending the Suh stuff:

Richard Seymour...not exactly entering his prime but was 29 when they let him walk, had his career high in sacks that year....and 3 seasons later was an all pro and pro bowl.

I think there is no way in hell they would sign Suh for that much money. Brady and Revis are the only guys on that team making more than 10 million. (Revis on a 1 year deal). He won't break the bank for 1 guy. People keep talking about rather having Suh than three 9 million dollar guys, but the Pats win with a core team of guys making much less than 9 million(and they are all on 3-4-5-7 year deals) I think thats the point. When those deals end, and those guys want raises, those guys will be gone. Suh would be no different.

New England Patriots Player Contracts, Salaries, & Transactions
I've got a mind like an elephant.

Now own it.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course TP tagged this post a "winner"

He also "liked" this one:

Your current grade for the Lions 2015 off season is... | Page 6 | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

And here you are Ed, talking about how the Pats let Seymour walk when defending the Suh stuff:

I've got a mind like an elephant.

Now own it.
Rob base said: Lions fans LOVE to compare the team to the Patriots every draft year, but never mention how they snagged the best TE in the NFL in round 2 when defending the Ebron pick.

Neither my post, nor quackerjacks were talking about the Patriots drafts.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also my Richard Seymour reference was a response to question asked specifically about that....if I remember correctly. Elephant brain. Are elephants smart? Seems like if they were they would stomp on the ringmaster and bust through the tent.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob...use your elephant brain and tell me what thread my post was in...it wasnt in the one you linked. I'd like to revisit that just so I can see what exactly I was responding to. Even though its obvious from reading that it was not a random statement but a specific answer. I believe it was someone asking when the Pats ever let anyone in their walk...or sometjhing like that.