• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider the posters we're dealing with though- those predictions don't mean shit to them. They don't care what was really said, because they'll alter or out-right fabricate comments that were supposedly made in order to better suit their arguments. They wait till after the fact, like they are right now, and it's always all-or-nothing; it can't be that Ebron "wasn't good enough in his first year." Nope, Ebron "sucks" now, nothing can ever be done about it and it won't even matter if he tears it up the rest of his career, because now that they've made up their minds that he sucks, they'll make up all kinds of excuses every and any time he plays well as to why said good game wasn't the real Ebron.

I see the exact same thing with Levy- he wasn't awesome right out of the gate, opinions were formed, and now that Levy is awesome (development, hey? crazy!) I hear regular excuses as to why he still really isn't that good, it just looks that way because he lead the entire league in solo tackles last season...

Clearly, Levy's success was because Suh was in front of him. Don't you know that?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so sure about that statement when considering predictions we posted on anticipated production for his rookie year. I don't recall any outlandish predictions.

Let's call it expectations then. I think we all may be a little guilty of expecting a little too much from Ebron in year one. Nobody did any research on the position until the season was over. He'll always be attached to the "10th pick" of the draft, therefore he must perform like it according to fans. I've seen on numerous Lions' sites that he must put up better numbers than Tate and a few others to live up to where he was drafted.

I personally don't think that makes much sense.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, Levy's success was because Suh was in front of him. Don't you know that?

Levy is a good LB with good speed, good ball skills, sure tackler. Without Suh, he will be the same LB he was with Suh. It's just that he will be making his plays about a yard further downfield.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They demanded that Ebron come out and dominate immediately as a rookie, and that didn't happen (as is the case with most rookies, especially at his position), so now Ebron sucks forever in their minds.

Link to any of this bullshit?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so full of shit it's almost hard to comprehend.

Stop acting like you're some well-adjusted hot-shit poster who has any credentials whatsoever to be attacking another poster. Everybody on here knows your routine, and the pathetic (and very transparent for anyone with an I.Q. over 75, fyi) mind games you attempt to play on here. People see right through that shit- we're not nearly as stupid as your arrogant ego wants you to think we are, and you're not nearly as intelligent as you seem to think you are.

All this shit you like to sling at everybody else (shit that has NOTHING to do with football), such as repeatedly calling out other posters on their daddy issues, is very likely nothing more than a direct reflection of your own inner demons and experiences, as that's usually the case behind career bullies like you.

If you'd stick to talking about football and stop making personal attacks towards posters who see it fit to disagree with your posts this kind of back-and-fourth would go away entirely. But I don't think that will ever happen because it's pretty obvious after all these years that you absolutely crave attention and that confrontation is clearly you drug of choice...

Sorry you use the Lions to fill the void left by your dad. Maybe it's time you went back to using your ignore button if you can't control yourself from getting so upset about stuff.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
; it can't be that Ebron "wasn't good enough in his first year." Nope, Ebron "sucks" now, nothing can ever be done about it and it won't even matter if he tears it up the rest of his career, because now that they've made up their minds that he sucks, they'll make up all kinds of excuses every and any time he plays well as to why said good game wasn't the real Ebron.

Here you go cry baby:

Like you said, only 10 teams put on a claim for him. And none of the other 9 - Jets, Bears, Falcons, Browns, Saints, Dolphins, Chiefs, Steelers - have a solid starting TE. The Lions don't either. Time to accept that. They obviously have.

Doesn't mean Ebron can't prove everyone wrong.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There went the last of my hope. He has Titus Young Syndrome.

I see as many mental issues w Ebron as physical. His mind hasn't been focused on football, he's too easily distracted by the naysayers. He could easily become Mayhew's biggest bust pick ever.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron would pair quite well with Pettigrew, and Pettigrew's team-friendly contract would make such a pick financially feasible.

However, does anyone (anyone at all?) really want to see us draft a TE at #10?

I wouldn't be crushed or anything- Ebron does look the part of a future star at his position- but with guys like Aaron Donald, Justin Gilbert, Mike Evans, Anthony Barr, Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, etc. available and the needs we have at all of those spots I don't think you'll find more than a handful of Lions fans who think Ebron is the right pick...

:dhd:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ndamukong Suh could boost the play of Miami Dolphins middle linebacker Koa Misi - Sun Sentinel

The reality is Suh, a five-time All-Pro, could help Misi's run defense tremendously. After all, Suh worked magic for three middle linebackers — DeAndre Levy, Stephen Tulloch and Tahir Whitehead — during in his five seasons in Detroit.

"When you have a guy like that," fellow Dolphins defensive tackle Earl Mitchell said of Suh, "his presence on the field alone will give opportunity to guys like Koa Misi."

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy is a good LB with good speed, good ball skills, sure tackler. Without Suh, he will be the same LB he was with Suh. It's just that he will be making his plays about a yard further downfield.

Who else remembers Mayhew dissing Levy when he blew off talks of extending him because "obviously we have bigger fish to fry." (re-signing Suh).

Even Mayhew knows who really ran that ship. Spoiler alert: it's not Levy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give him props on the first game. After that he was mediocre.

Giants and the first games against Bears and Vikes. That was the Stafford I would like to see more of. I don't need 16 solid games. For his pay I would like see more than half the schedule though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you use the Lions to fill the void left by your dad. Maybe it's time you went back to using your ignore button if you can't control yourself from getting so upset about stuff.
Pot calling the kettle black much?

I do believe we've established that you're the one with the significant daddy issues and you're using posts like this one to deflect those feelings that you don't otherwise know how to deal with.

As for the not being able to control myself on here, do we really want to go down that road? I'm not sure there's anyone on this board who cannot control themselves better than you do. You're the benchmark for a lack of self-control.

Typical Swarm posting style, though- outright attack another poster and then play the victim card immediately when confronted about it by someone else. Textbook bully behavior.

I don't have to put up with your act if I don't like it, that's the beauty of you posting your temper-tantrums on a public forum. If you don't like it maybe you should use your own advice and take advantage of the ignore feature. That or you can just take your ball and go home, just like last time you couldn't handle your shit like a grown-up on here...

Last edited:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think that's funny or clever? I made that statement before the draft and I stand by it- I certainly didn't want Ebron to be the pick.

Again, I don't get what you're trying to show here? You're probably all proud of yourself for tracking down that post, and, I'm sure in your steroid-addled mind it makes me somehow look bad, but the long and short of it is that you're just acting like an idiot...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To even KNOW that Pettigrew's numbers were also waaaaay down and not even consider that is crazy.
What in god's green earth does Pettigrew have to do with Ebron? Pettigrew rarely ran routes and was used almost solely as a blocking TE? Ebron was the polar opposite.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pot calling the kettle black much?
Typical Swarm posting style, though- outright attack another poster and then play the victim card immediately when confronted about it by someone else. Textbook bully behavior.

TP -- do you not realize you do the EXACT SAME THING. There isn't a person on this board who attacks other people more than you and you are calling someone else out about it? Priceless.

This is quality entertainment.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lionstop,

Would you please provide me with the stats Ebron must reach for your 100 dollar wager? I am very interested in making this bet, unless your idea of a top 10 picks 2nd year stats is much different than what mine is.

Set the guidelines for it and I will let you know if I'm game.