• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of the Luke Walton Era?

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports and rumors are coming out that the Los Angeles Lakers are planning to fire Luke Walton at the end of the NBA season:

fecb5e1ab391338998f4f647ee1bc30e.jpg

According to reports, the Lakers are expected to fire former Warriors assistant Luke Walton at the end of the season https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2019/3/4/18250641/2019-nba-warriors-lakers-luke-walton-lebron-james?utm_campaign=goldenstateofmind&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter …

If the Lakers indeed fire Luke Walton at the end of the season, did he not get a fair shake and the proper time to build the Lakers into an contending team, also has Lebron destroyed another solid head coach, because he wants things his way, what say you SportsHoopla Nation?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers indeed fire Luke Walton at the end of the season, did he not get a fair shake and the proper time to build the Lakers into an contending team

The roster they surrounded him with considering they have Lebron James was pretty crappy. Also Lebron missing 2 months didn't help him.

The front office did a terrible job of surrounding Lebron with better role players

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The roster they surrounded him with considering they have Lebron James was pretty crappy. Also Lebron missing 2 months didn't help him.

The front office did a terrible job of surrounding Lebron with better role players
they gave Beasley the same contract that Lopez got in Milwaukee. Imagine if they just resign Lopez how much better that would have been.

They gave Rondo and KCP a combined 21 million dollars for this year.

Here are some guys that signed 1 year contracts last summer or small 2 year contracts:

Jamal Crawford- just over league min.
Vince Carter- barely over league min.
Harrell signed a 2 year deal but for a total of 12M
Wayne Ellington 6.5M
Mbah Moute- the guy who people have told me was SO important to the Rockets signed for 1 year 4.3M
Brook Lopez 1 year 3.4M
Tony Parker signed 2 years 10M...think how much better it would be if they gave that money to PArker instead of Rondo.
Amir Johnson- 1 year
Ray Felton 1 year 2.4
Jeff Green 1 year
Cousins - 1 year 5.3M
JJ Redick 1 year 12.5M
Elfrid Payton 1 year deal in NO
Nik Stauskas- 1 year league min.
Rudy Gay 1 year 10M

Imagine, if the Lakers, instead of paying Beasley, Rondo and KCP, instead chose to pay - i dunno- Brook Lopez, Jeff Green and Reddick? Or Ellington, Mbam Moute and Parker?

Nik Stauskas signle handedly beat the Lakers one game this season while he was with the Blazers...why not bring in a guy like that- even after he was cut a million times just to bomb threes and space for LeBron?

Magic and Pelinka really did not do a good job.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they gave Beasley the same contract that Lopez got in Milwaukee. Imagine if they just resign Lopez how much better that would have been.

They gave Rondo and KCP a combined 21 million dollars for this year.

Here are some guys that signed 1 year contracts last summer or small 2 year contracts:

Jamal Crawford- just over league min.
Vince Carter- barely over league min.
Harrell signed a 2 year deal but for a total of 12M
Wayne Ellington 6.5M
Mbah Moute- the guy who people have told me was SO important to the Rockets signed for 1 year 4.3M
Brook Lopez 1 year 3.4M
Tony Parker signed 2 years 10M...think how much better it would be if they gave that money to PArker instead of Rondo.
Amir Johnson- 1 year
Ray Felton 1 year 2.4
Jeff Green 1 year
Cousins - 1 year 5.3M
JJ Redick 1 year 12.5M
Elfrid Payton 1 year deal in NO
Nik Stauskas- 1 year league min.
Rudy Gay 1 year 10M

Imagine, if the Lakers, instead of paying Beasley, Rondo and KCP, instead chose to pay - i dunno- Brook Lopez, Jeff Green and Reddick? Or Ellington, Mbam Moute and Parker?

Nik Stauskas signle handedly beat the Lakers one game this season while he was with the Blazers...why not bring in a guy like that- even after he was cut a million times just to bomb threes and space for LeBron?

Magic and Pelinka really did not do a good job.

I agree with you that they made some poor choices but you can't just assume that guys would have come to LA. Boogie chose the Warriors for a specific reason. Reddick didn't really want to leave Philly.

But there were a bunch of guys they could have gone after.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports and rumors are coming out that the Los Angeles Lakers are planning to fire Luke Walton at the end of the NBA season:

View attachment 199615

According to reports, the Lakers are expected to fire former Warriors assistant Luke Walton at the end of the season https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2019/3/4/18250641/2019-nba-warriors-lakers-luke-walton-lebron-james?utm_campaign=goldenstateofmind&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter …

If the Lakers indeed fire Luke Walton at the end of the season, did he not get a fair shake and the proper time to build the Lakers into an contending team, also has Lebron destroyed another solid head coach, because he wants things his way, what say you SportsHoopla Nation?
This has been floated out their by Walton's haters for the last six months already - It's nothing new - just bullshit repeated, but his contract expires at the end of the season - I think they will tell Luke that they appreciate his endeavors, but they would like to go in a different direction and to have a nice day

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have a better chance at the #1 pick than making the playoffs.

A team with LeBron should not be in that situation... unless it's tanking.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair LeBron missed 17 games - Never done that in his entire career - The average person besides me never expected that. I expected it because I always believe in the worst happening

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair LeBron missed 17 games - Never done that in his entire career - The average person besides me never expected that. I expected it because I always believe in the worst happening
4-7 in games he's played since tReturn.

1-2 when he has a triple double, I think.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this type of shit was happening in Cleveland ESPN Would have already hired mercenaries to hold Adam Silver up at gun-point to have him traded out of Cleveland. It would be a non stop rip fest on Cleveland aimed at LeBron being forced to leave.

The Lakers left a first time coach with little experience in charge of this team. They hired first time GMs in Pelinka and Magic who never had experience running a franchise.

Jeannie Buss has the outright balls to lie to everyone one of us that the Anthony Davis rumors were "fake news" when everyone and their brother knows that an enormous offer was made. She is in charge of basketball operations for the first time.

A new Basketall Ops director in JEanie Buss, a first time GM crew of Pelinka and Magic, and a young head coach who has never won anything....

that team decides to, instead of going with shooters, to bring in a bunch of guys on one year deals that cant shoot, and most are "characters" (to be nice about it).

One of the problems with the whole team concept was going with a bunch of 1 year guys and young guys. 1 year guys are playing for contracts. young guys dont have experience. Put all that together with the pressure of playing with LeBron and the trade rumors and it goes a long way into why they have lost 9 of the last 12 and have torpedoed out of the playoff race.

poorly put together team that did not only ignore shooting, but ignored how bad of a team concept it is to have LeBron with a bunch of young guys and LeBron with a bunch of guys on 1 year deals that are playing for contracts- with ALL of those guys, both the 1year guys and the young guys, sure to be in any trade rumors.

Very poorly thought out and executed all the way around. LeBron would have given his left nut to have a Kyle Korver or Richard Jefferson or Tristan Thompson- guys who have played in big games and guys with high character and guys that arent chasing contracts out there with him tonight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant blame guys like Stephenson and McGee and Rondo to play for their contracts- they are on 1 year deals. I cant blame the young guys for not totally understanding whats at stake in their 2nd or 3rd nba years- especially with how poor LeBrons leadership has been. Lebron has taken very little to no responsibility for the teams problems.

and he gets his stats- thats true, but when he is not getting his stats, he is static in the corner, not running and creating space- hes just sitting there. On defense the same thing- he can still play D and does it well- tonight i saw him trying on D quite a bit, but other times he just shuts down and acts like "its fine, Im LeBron" and its a poor example.

I have seen LeBron do some funky things- in Cleveland he totally quit in Game 5 vs. the Celtics in his first time around, he was petty with Blatt and passive aggressive with Kyrie and out and out called Kevin Love out for "not fitting in but fitting out".

but i have not seem him totally skirt responsibility like he seems to have done this year- and instead of being a net positive leadership wise, it seems that he is, for the first time, an actual drag on the teams morale and leadership.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just call Thompson a "high character guy". Lol

I get reality TV updates from women that contrast that...

Pelinka has a lot of connections with players and their agents. Interested to see if that pans out. Was a big Pelinka fan, when he played. Was shocked he didn't play pro ball. But it makes sense now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-7 in games he's played since tReturn.

1-2 when he has a triple double, I think.

Problem 1: Lakers still missing players - Ingram didn't play - that's just hurting them
Problem 2: The attempt to trade for Anthony Davis killed the chemistry in my opinion -
Problem 3: I think Luke Walton may have control over the team

Time to tank and go for a better draft pick - The Lakers really have no hope at this point

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem 1: Lakers still missing players - Ingram didn't play - that's just hurting them
Problem 2: The attempt to trade for Anthony Davis killed the chemistry in my opinion -
Problem 3: I think Luke Walton may have control over the team

Time to tank and go for a better draft pick - The Lakers really have no hope at this point
Nothing I'd argue against.

#2 has to be at play somewhat. 1&3 for sure.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance Walton survives this.

I hope he gets another opportunity in a better situation. Coaching LeBron is hard enough. Coaching LeBron with these misfits is damn near impossible.