• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elway ?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL needs to come up with a way to hold officials accountable. Whether it be monetary losses, loss of games (ie. suspension).
No it wouldn' t be easy to police but something needs to get done.
They should hire younger officials and make them full time instead of continuing with old weekend warriors.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure very many PI penalties would be reversed from the call on the field because they are mainly subjective situations .... it would be like having instant replay for balls and strikes in baseball ... they wouldn't really reverse any because every umpire has a different strike zone and you just have to go by what he is calling in that particular game.

The most important thing is that they be consistent making the same calls on both teams in the same game (which doesn't happen as often as it should)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you can, they have all kinda of angles on these replay's .... Also, you only have 2 challenges per game, so I"m confused on what you mean by auto first down whenever a coach wants one ??? That's the whole point I just made, you have 2 challenges per game....
So use the free first down flag on a late 4th quarter drive to help win. What are you not understanding?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we should replay every single play to find any/all infractions that happened ...... there would be at least 3 penalties called on every one. The games would be 18 hours long.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with the PI being becoming a challengeable call is, you run into the same scenario that it has become with MLB baseball. Maybe not the Saints scenario as there were 2 penalties on one play, but the official in the booth will side with the officials on the field more than not in a judgement call.

Good point...I do think on close calls, the referee reviewing the play is not going to go against his line judge (example) unless it was an obvious miss. The booth official imo should be in control of reviews (not the on field referee) and should not be part of the crew on the field. The crew will have a different booth official for nearly every game.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya nothing like not being able to challenge a potential game altering catch in the 4th quarter because you wasted a challenge earlier thinking a CB put illegal hands on your WR.

Hell what happens if you're out of challenges in the 4th and you get screwed by a penalty? Can't challenge because you already used them on actual plays earlier in the game.

People like to pretend this is an easy fix but in reality it's far from it.

One way to help with the issues you're presenting here would be to not dock a team a challenge if they get it right. I don't understand why teams are limited to 3 challenges a game max. If the refs keep fucking up, you shouldn't lose a challenge.

Basically coaches should get unlimited challenges until they get two wrong. Keep the penalty of losing a timeout for a bad challenge.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure very many PI penalties would be reversed from the call on the field because they are mainly subjective situations .... it would be like having instant replay for balls and strikes in baseball ... they wouldn't really reverse any because every umpire has a different strike zone and you just have to go by what he is calling in that particular game.

The most important thing is that they be consistent making the same calls on both teams in the same game (which doesn't happen as often as it should)

Sometimes they call the most ridiculous PI's thou
So use the free first down flag on a late 4th quarter drive to help win. What are you not understanding?

WHAT ? What do you mean for the win, it's not an automatic 1st down just because you challenge, they might find that the call was good and not overturn it, but if it's a horrific call like what happened to the Saints it can CORRECT a pathetic call.. You're the one not understanding ....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes they call the most ridiculous PI's thou

WHAT ? What do you mean for the win, it's not an automatic 1st down just because you challenge, they might find that the call was good and not overturn it, but if it's a horrific call like what happened to the Saints it can CORRECT a pathetic call.. You're the one not understanding ....
There's PI on every play.

Are we going to review pick plays by the offense too?

Shit is retarded.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit is retarded.

Every play should be reviewed for offensive holding too. There would be a flag on every play

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit is retarded.

There is not a PI on every play, that's simply not true... And having 2 challenges all game long and adding a PI as a reviewable play WILL not affect the length of a game, we already have 2 challenges in place as it is, so why not expand how you can use those 2 challenges ???