• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli helping peyton by giving him pointers on LOB???

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys most of the people talking shit aren't even fans of either team. You don't see most of the Denver fans dissing on the Seahawks like those others are. Most fans of both teams expect a good game and just want to see what happens. The noise is coming from some of the same people who assured us SF would beat Seattle last week, saints would beat Seattle the week before, New England would beat Denver, etc. None of them have a reputation of predicting games with accuracy so let them keep on blowing things out of their asses. They don't have a team left to follow so all they have is trying to stir up shit online. Both fan bases should just enjoy this week and see what happens. Leave those sorry ass fans of losers to their own misery.

I only been wrong on 3 games this postseason and one was a biased pick

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Denver is not overrated?

You aren't seriously trying to insinuate that the highest scoring offense the NFL has EVER seen is overrated?

1557574_10201483336942056_1505506672_n.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To simplistically state that Manning had poor games against weaker defenses than Seattle is a lazy analysis of those games.

Manning had a great game against the Colts. Strip-Sacked for a fumble by Robert Mathis, a great defensive play by a great defensive player.

Ronnie Hillman fumbled at the goal line.

Holliday muffs a punt.

Manning threw for 386 and 3 TDs and brought them within a score, Mistakes cost Denver that game.

Patriots game saw them give away a 24 point lead by again turning the ball over in the 2nd half.

This is the only game where weather was a factor. Not snow or cold but wind.
Let me guess, it isn't ok to question if Manning had any bad games, but Wilson is fully responsible for Seattle's offensive struggles right? We keep hearing this hypocrisy from lots of people up here.

I'm not looking to get into a pissing match with denver fans. Both of our teams are 15-3 and had outstanding seasons. It's ok to say it should be a good game against two teams that both fully earned their way to this stage. It is the game everyone talked about from the preseason and it is here. I don't see any need to trash talk the other side.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To simplistically state that Manning had poor games against weaker defenses than Seattle is a lazy analysis of those games.

Manning had a great game against the Colts. Strip-Sacked for a fumble by Robert Mathis, a great defensive play by a great defensive player.

Ronnie Hillman fumbled at the goal line.

Holliday muffs a punt.

Manning threw for 386 and 3 TDs and brought them within a score, Mistakes cost Denver that game.

Patriots game saw them give away a 24 point lead by again turning the ball over in the 2nd half.

This is the only game where weather was a factor. Not snow or cold but wind.

I didn't say anything about the Colts game.

I was thinking about the Chargers game in Denver in particular. It wasn't really that Manning was bad, it was that SD just out-executed them. The SD D was just a step ahead the whole game.

The Pats game in Foxboro was a bad game for Manning.

And my comment didn't just come from nowhere, I was responding to someone that flat out said, "Manning is superior and the Hawks cant stop him". I mean if you believe that say it by all means, but that offense has been knocked off their kilter before, they're not unstoppable. I was just pointing that out.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess, it isn't ok to question if Manning had any bad games, but Wilson is fully responsible for Seattle's offensive struggles right? We keep hearing this hypocrisy from lots of people up here.

I'm not looking to get into a pissing match with denver fans. Both of our teams are 15-3 and had outstanding seasons. It's ok to say it should be a good game against two teams that both fully earned their way to this stage. It is the game everyone talked about from the preseason and it is here. I don't see any need to trash talk the other side.

I wish people would read what someone is responding to.

Someone basically said the Hawks dont have chance defensively so I pointed out that the Broncos offense has shown it can be bested. Not often, but it has happened.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chew on this stat-impaired posters...Denver is a scary number 1 offense ?

the average rank of the defenses Denver has faced is 21st. You can look pretty good against a schedule that bad but Seattle is a whole different beast

P.S. Seattle isn't 23rd, but rather 19th...

first of all, scoring defense is the prevalent stat, not total defense. Yards allowed is such a misleading statistic when factored in.

If you look at scoring defenses, they faced the Chiefs at #5 twice, Colts at #9, Patriots at #10, Chargers at #11 twice, Ravens at #12, Titans at #15, Eagles at #16, Giants first team in the bottom half at #17 and then only 5 more teams in bottom half of the league (Raiders twice at#29.)

That makes an average scoring defense of 14th that they faced, a far cry from 21st.

Since we are throwing meaningless stats around, let's throw some more.

You don't need a calculator to figure out Denver was the #1 scoring offense but the stat that really jumps out is 37.9 PPG Average.

A FULL 10 PPG MORE THAN #2 EAGLES AT 27.6.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish people would read what someone is responding to.

Someone basically said the Hawks dont have chance defensively so I pointed out that the Broncos offense has shown it can be bested. Not often, but it has happened.

I would only give the Chargers credit for a good game plan that slowed down the Broncos offense but they needed a turnover to seal it and key mistakes by the Broncos defense that gave San Diego TOP and gave up a 1st down to penalty on 4th down when SD was punting from inside their own 5.

Still only lost by 1 score on a Thursday night game, short week, came out flat after brutal 4 game stretch of KC, NE, KC, Tennessee and 2 of 4 on the road.

Against the Colts and NE they beat themselves with turnovers and mistakes. The offense was not bested. Again, lazy analysis.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only give the Chargers credit for a good game plan that slowed down the Broncos offense but they needed a turnover to seal it and key mistakes by the Broncos defense that gave San Diego TOP and gave up a 1st down to penalty on 4th down when SD was punting from inside their own 5.

Still only lost by 1 score on a Thursday night game, short week, came out flat after brutal 4 game stretch of KC, NE, KC, Tennessee and 2 of 4 on the road.

Against the Colts and NE they beat themselves with turnovers and mistakes. The offense was not bested. Again, lazy analysis.

Lazy analysis? What's your analysis? That Denver's offense is perfect and cant be bested?

Guess what, SD getting the TO to seal after holding them to 20 is besting them. The defense blew it? It happens, that's why you want to score more points.

And we all watched the Pats game. Turning the ball over a ton and dropping a 24 point lead is getting bested. Even if it's besting yourself, it's getting bested. And not to mention this "unstoppable" offense had 3 possessions to win the game, one after the 2 minute warning and twice in OT.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What?

Show me where I trash talked?

I am disputing overly simplistic statements you guys are making.

Like Denver average defense Denver faced is ranked 21st. Incorrect. Total defense is not as relevant as scoring defense.

Saying their offense has been bested with defense. Again not accurate. 2 of 3 losses Broncos made mistakes on D, turnovers on Special teams and key fumbles and the still lost one game by 6 and another in OT after having a 24 point lead at the half.

I give the Chargers credit for a good game plan and executing well enough to give them the lead and a chance to win the game. Against the Patriots and Colts the Broncos made 2 many mistakes to overcome.

Weather (wind) and turnovers were factors.

There are about 5-6 key plays in every game (Turnover, special teams score, blown defensive assignment) that typically tilt the game one way or the other.

I am not trash talking, simply calling out lazy and inaccurate analysis.

I expect a good game. #1 Offense against #1 defense. Both #1 seeds from most of the season.

But whoever said the Broncos offense is overrated is fucking straight up delusional.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

Like Denver average defense Denver faced is ranked 21st. Incorrect. Total defense is not as relevant as scoring defense.

Saying their offense has been bested with defense. Again not accurate. 2 of 3 losses Broncos made mistakes on D, turnovers on Special teams and key fumbles and the still lost one game by 6 and another in OT after having a 24 point lead at the half.

I give the Chargers credit for a good game plan and executing well enough to give them the lead and a chance to win the game. Against the Patriots and Colts the Broncos made 2 many mistakes to overcome.

There are about 5-6 key plays in every game (Turnover, special teams score, blown defensive assignment) that typically tilt the game one way or the other.

I expect a good game. #1 Offense against #1 defense. Both #1 seeds from most of the season.

But whoever said the Broncos offense is overrated is fucking straight up delusional.

I think you're just reading some of our comments without following the conversation and putting any kind of context to it.

And I agree. The Denver offense is not overrated. But if we start pretending that nobody even tripped them up this year, maybe we're walking that line.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazy analysis? What's your analysis? That Denver's offense is perfect and cant be bested?

Guess what, SD getting the TO to seal after holding them to 20 is besting them. The defense blew it? It happens, that's why you want to score more points.

And we all watched the Pats game. Turning the ball over a ton and dropping a 24 point lead is getting bested. Even if it's besting yourself, it's getting bested. And not to mention this "unstoppable" offense had 3 possessions to win the game, one after the 2 minute warning and twice in OT.

You want to score more points than your opponent? You don't say?

:doh:

Your missing the point. Key mistakes gave the advantage to their opponents. If the Denver offense plays smart and clean, like they did the last 4 games, they control the game.

Against NE in the 4th quarter and in OT they were going into the wind. Gutsy call by Belicheck to defer.

The only time this season weather was a factor. A loss by a FG in OT after a 24 point lead, I tend to think turnovers and mistakes by the Defense lost that game, not the offense.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're just reading some of our comments without following the conversation and putting any kind of context to it.

And I agree. The Denver offense is not overrated. But if we start pretending that nobody even tripped them up this year, maybe we're walking that line.

The only squad to trip up the Denver offense has been the Denver offense and San Diego executed a good game plan that kept the Denver offense on the sideline.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

You guys? Show me where I said anything that allows you to lump me with with 'you guys'.

All I was saying is let's just stop the bitching and accept that both teams earned their way here and would prove who is best on the field of play. We are not going to settle that in this forum. That goes for our fans as well as yours and I've been saying that all week. I'm not singling you out for anything. I asked you a question and then said that it had been answered all week by others.

Some of you are just looking for a reason to fight and be defensive. All I said is maybe spending 3 pages bitching over stats that don't compare because both teams had different paths and have different strengths isn't going to end up being productive. The Seattle fans trying to diminish Denver's season are being stupid and so are Denver fans trying to question Seattles schedule or stats. It's all just fucking stupid.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only squad to trip up the Denver offense has been the Denver offense and San Diego executed a good game plan that kept the Denver offense on the sideline.

OK, fine then. The only squad to trip up Seattle's defense was Seattle's defense when they made mistakes.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I directly responded to Wizard's reply to my comment where he said to me there was no need to trash talk.

I would think Seattle fans were partial to trash talk.

Sherman is a pretty good talker on the field, great player as well, but talks a lot. He reminds me of an un-funny Shannon Sharpe.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I directly responded to Wizard's reply to my comment where he said to me there was no need to trash talk.

Sherman is a pretty good talker on the field, great player as well, but talks a lot. He reminds me of an un-funny Shannon Sharpe.

You also responded to my comment that was in response to someone saying saying that Manning is superior and the Hawks defense doesn't stand a chance.

Oh, well.... It doesn't matter man... :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So because Sherman is high strung and occasionally says dumb things it means all of the fans of his team are the same? :wtf:

Several of us have said we would rather he didn't open his mouth that way. There is no one universal voice in Seattle. We are many and all have our own opinions. Only complete idiots assume every fan of a city is the same.

You appear to be hell bent on finding something to create a fight on. You are free to do so, but I'll choose to take the high road and leave it at that. I respect your team and your QB. It would be nice if other fans would simply respect our team and their journey as well, but that has never happened to date and isn't going to change so I'll leave all the haters to doing what they do best.

Good luck to you and your team and I hope there are no major injuries in this game.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, fine then. The only squad to trip up Seattle's defense was Seattle's defense when they made mistakes.

Your being antagonistic and defensive.

Look at it analytically.

You want to play well in all phases. Offense, Defense, ST.

If one of the 3 is prone to mistakes and sloppy or inconsistent play, the other phases can make up for it.

I never said Denver's offense was perfect and unbeatable. But they are the biggest strength of the team.

The weakness on the Offense was by far Ronnie Hillman with crucial fumbles at the worst time. He is on the bench now.

Denvers ST has an outstanding kicker and punter. Trindon Holliday has been a risk reward, feast or famine kick returner. He is a threat to take it to the house on any kick, but is a little unreliable in punt return with pressure on him. He has muffed a few and made some bad decisions so they put Decker on punt return and Holliday on kick only.

Denvers defense has struggled with injury all season with 6 starters on IR now Their weakness was Pass defense early in the season but Champ is finally fully healthy and the defense has played great in the playoffs.

No mistakes lately. That is what you want leading up to this game, clean mistake free football in all 3 phases. Seattle had a somewhat sloppy and inconsistent 2nd half in the NFC title game and the divisional game against the Saints. Luckily SF and NO had sloppier games.

Seattle's strength on defense is their secondary and D-line's ability to get pressure with out blitzing. Their weakness is they don't try and disguise what they do. They dare you to beat them.

Their offense's strength is the running game. Their weakness is the passing game when compared to Denver.

Special teams seems consistent, nothing really sticks out to me other than Houshka not ready to kick that FG an had to burn a TO.

It is a great matchup and obviously I think the factor here is Denver's offense will be able to put up more points than Seattle and Denver's defense is playing much better than season stats show for the year and if all things are equal in the turnover department and the refs call a consistent game, Denver wins this by 10.

Just my baised opinion.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because Sherman is high strung and occasionally says dumb things it means all of the fans of his team are the same? :wtf:

Several of us have said we would rather he didn't open his mouth that way. There is no one universal voice in Seattle. We are many and all have our own opinions. Only complete idiots assume every fan of a city is the same.

You appear to be hell bent on finding something to create a fight on. You are free to do so, but I'll choose to take the high road and leave it at that. I respect your team and your QB. It would be nice if other fans would simply respect our team and their journey as well, but that has never happened to date and isn't going to change so I'll leave all the haters to doing what they do best.

Good luck to you and your team and I hope there are no major injuries in this game.

What the hell is wrong with you. Reading for context a skill that has evaded you?

Show me where i said all seattle fans are "high strung and occasionally says dumb things" So far it's only you.

I'm not hell bent on creating a fight, just debating football, and you are not taking the high road, as evidenced by your angry reply to me.

I jokingly said that Seattle fans were partial to trash talk as a joke because the majority of you defended Sherman and only a few said he should quiet down.

I really don't have a problem with what he said after the game, just that he felt the need to single out Crabtree as part of a personal grudge and it took the spotlight off of his teams win.

Selfish of him. It's already a huge distraction.

Relax and enjoy the game.

Good luck.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with you. Reading for context a skill that has evaded you?

Show me where i said all seattle fans are "high strung and occasionally says dumb things" So far it's only you.

So now you insult the entire fan base, attack the city, deny it and accuse me of creating drama when I'm simply responding to your own words, and refuse to even address my continued attempts to say both teams are good and deserve to be here and lets hope it's a good game. Full of it much?

As for Sherman, your characterization that he choose to do what he did shows a clear lack of understanding of what happened. He is guilty of failing to control himself in the moments after a huge play that sent his team to the SB. It wasn't a choice he would willingly made and he said so afterward. All of this sanctimonious bullshit from people up here over it is growing quite old.