• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli helping peyton by giving him pointers on LOB???

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys? Show me where I said anything that allows you to lump me with with 'you guys'.

All I was saying is let's just stop the bitching and accept that both teams earned their way here and would prove who is best on the field of play. We are not going to settle that in this forum. That goes for our fans as well as yours and I've been saying that all week. I'm not singling you out for anything. I asked you a question and then said that it had been answered all week by others.

Some of you are just looking for a reason to fight and be defensive. All I said is maybe spending 3 pages bitching over stats that don't compare because both teams had different paths and have different strengths isn't going to end up being productive. The Seattle fans trying to diminish Denver's season are being stupid and so are Denver fans trying to question Seattles schedule or stats. It's all just fucking stupid.

Well I would agree that i have seen a lot of stupid posts using stats that are inaccurate or don't mean what the poster says they do.

People need to learn to be a little more objective especially in a message board. you can't pick up inflection, sarcasm, or intent usually.

I am just debating football. Been around it all my life with relatives who have been coaches and players in the NFL, and D1 colleges.

Love this game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would agree that i have seen a lot of stupid posts using stats that are inaccurate or don't mean what the poster says they do.

People need to learn to be a little more objective especially in a message board. you can't pick up inflection, sarcasm, or intent usually.

I am just debating football. Been around it all my life with relatives who have been coaches and players in the NFL, and D1 colleges.

Love this game.

So don't be as guilty as those you are chiding by going back at them with the same things. I agree that some of our fans have been overboard. Some of your fans are cocky and confident as well. Gee, maybe that's because both teams had nearly identical seasons in terms of wins and losses. That's why this is the SB everyone wanted to see. It isn't some scrub WC team sneaking in to get a cheap ring. This is the two very top teams in the league going at it. Both deserve credit and respect for how they got there. We will not decide who is going to win here by battling stats or other nonsense. The game will be decided on the field. PERIOD.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you insult the entire fan base, attack the city, deny it and accuse me of creating drama when I'm simply responding to your own words, and refuse to even address my continued attempts to say both teams are good and deserve to be here and lets hope it's a good game. Full of it much?

As for Sherman, your characterization that he choose to do what he did shows a clear lack of understanding of what happened. He is guilty of failing to control himself in the moments after a huge play that sent his team to the SB. It wasn't a choice he would willingly made and he said so afterward. All of this sanctimonious bullshit from people up here over it is growing quite old.

In the first sentence, You accuse me of insulting an entire city and fan base simply becuase I made a joke about Richard Shermans trash talking.

Obviously I have to explain the joke to you.

It is widely known that Richard Sherman is a trash talker in the field.

After the incident with Erin Andrews after the NFC title game, most Seattle fans defended him as did a lot of people saying he was pumped up after winning the game,

Fine, I buy it.

But he was trash talking.

hence my sarcastic joke about Seattle fans being partial to trash talking because they defended him for doing it.

You are quite defensive and angry and i think it is because you are failing to grasp the concept of sarcasm and a joke.

It's like trash talk without the screaming.

:laugh3:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are quite defensive and angry and i think it is because you are failing to grasp the concept of sarcasm and a joke.
:L

I'm in no way angry. I've tried now maybe 5 times to simply say I respect your team and think both deserve to be here. You aren't willing to say the same and that's fine. I don't need people to agree with me. All I did was show you your own words. Now you keep making your insults go a bit deeper and deeper. I now not only can't read (or at least comprehend the words written) but I need jokes explained to me and I'm some kind of crazed pissed off person looking to put my fist through a wall because of words you have typed on a screen.

You kind of already answered everything in your first quote before you made your second comment above. You have no idea what my state of mind is and no reasonable expectation to believe that saying "I would think Seattle fans were partial to trash talk." should be taken as a joke given the context of what you had been saying. Instead of clarifying it you basically call me stupid after already saying you know you can't pick up inflection or sarcasm online. :laugh3:

Do we really need to keep doing this? At some point can we just agree there are some extreme voices out of both of our fan bases and just agree to look forward to a good game between the leagues top two teams? I'd rather just leave it there.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this thread has really gone off the rails.

Back on topic:

Eli: "Hey Peyton! I got more pointers for you bro!"
Peyton: *Sigh*... Rubs his giant forehead... "What is it Eli?"
Eli: "Don't throw the football to the guys in blue 5 times"
Peyton: "Hey Papa John. Can you get my special needs brother a job? If you're thinking about adding turnovers to your dessert line, he's your guy"

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this thread has really gone off the rails.

Back on topic:

Eli: "Hey Peyton! I got more pointers for you bro!"
Peyton: *Sigh*... Rubs his giant forehead... "What is it Eli?"
Eli: "Don't throw the football to the guys in blue 5 times"
Peyton: "Hey Papa John. Can you get my special needs brother a job? If you're thinking about adding turnovers to your dessert line, he's your guy"

LOL< good stuff.

The interview with local news here in Denver had Peyton saying Eli just gave him tips on what it is like to play in the New Met Life stadium. A place he has a pretty intimate knowledge of from a lot of experience playing there. That was all.

Nothing major about it. Just brother giving brother the lay of the land.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So don't be as guilty as those you are chiding by going back at them with the same things. I agree that some of our fans have been overboard. Some of your fans are cocky and confident as well. Gee, maybe that's because both teams had nearly identical seasons in terms of wins and losses. That's why this is the SB everyone wanted to see. It isn't some scrub WC team sneaking in to get a cheap ring. This is the two very top teams in the league going at it. Both deserve credit and respect for how they got there. We will not decide who is going to win here by battling stats or other nonsense. The game will be decided on the field. PERIOD.

You seem to have anger issues dude. I would highly recommend you get some counseling. You'll live longer.

You have an "us against them" mentality and seem to have trouble not lumping every person from each fanbase in with every comment you have read.

Take your own advice and separate the two.

I have no problem with you or any poster here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have anger issues dude. I would highly recommend you get some counseling. You'll live longer.

You have an "us against them" mentality and seem to have trouble not lumping every person from each fanbase in with every comment you have read.

Take your own advice and separate the two.

I have no problem with you or any poster here.

I've already told you more than once that I'm not angry in any way. I was simply giving you advice to follow your own words and I will point out again that you already said you can't tell what emotions others are posting with in text online and yet keep projecting your best guess on others. That says a lot about your motives. I've tried several times to find common ground with you and yet you seem more interested in finding something to divide us on. Mad? Why on earth would I be mad at someone I don't know simply being lost on their message? I'm not sure what type of person would actually be mad at that, but they wouldn't last 10 minutes up here if they exist.