• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

El J

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems I have some tasting to do. :). Thanks for the heads up. I don't know of any strictly whiskey bars near the park. There is Whiskey Thieves on Geary between Hyde and Larkin, but that might be a little bit of a trek depending on where you're coming from. Plus, parking can be a bitch down there around the time you would go. The Rickhouse on Kearny showed up on a quick search, but I've never been there. Looks fancy. Good luck. Enjoy the game.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Mullet has a Mullet.

He bounces checks without having a bank account.

He could build five new cars with the parts on his front lawn... but he won't.

He is... the most interesting white trash man in the world!

BAM!!

Post...of...the...morning!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that's right, it is. I forget because to me if you can't sip it it's just whiskey. And that's okay for a shot and a beer. For myself though, Basil Hayden is good but my favorites are Blanton's and Black Maple Hill. My low end that I drink most is Bulleit (around $22 at Trader Joe's). I like Maker's and Woodford Reserve also. For Scotch I stick mostly to Macallan 12 year and Laphroaig. I like Highland Park a lot too but that or Banton's are only if I'm treating myself since I try to keep my price point to $30-35 max. And there are a couple ryes a like too. Old Overholt has got a real unique, nutty taste that I like and if you're bargain shopping I think the best whiskey you can get for under $10 is probably Pikeville rye.

BTW, does anyone know if there's a good whiskey bar near the ballpark? I'm going to the game tonight and might want to hit it on the way. You know, just for luck.

You can grab a quick pop at the 21st Amendment on the way down 2nd...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ElJ, I hope you're reading! Have a great night brotha!

I'm drinking Bulleit tomorrow :D

Go Giants GO!

EDIT: I hope you're enjoying this man. Good board or bad board or medium whateverthefuck board :)

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had me some Pendleton's Canadian Whiskey the other night on the rocks. I am now a huge fan of the stuff. Nothing overly special, but for $27 or so, really good stuff. Had pretty low expectations, but it was on sale for $18 so I figured it was worth a shot. If any of you guys like whiskey, it's worth a shot (no pun intended).

ElJ, I don't think you post here anymore, but if you still lurk, you should definitely check it out. I'd be interested in your opinion (good, bad or meh).