• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EDWARDS SIGNED

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Braylon may not be the best WR out there, but he is certainly worth the 3.5 mil we are paying him and he gives our WR's a much needed boost. I'm hoping he goes out there with a chip on his shoulder and plays like he did in '07. It's not like his 907 yards and 7 TD's last year was a fluke. I mean he had Mark Sanchez throwing him the ball. Even if he stays around the same numbers i could certainly live with that.

Sanchez > Smith

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
49ers' deal for WR Braylon Edwards is $1M base w/no guaranteed money. He only gets full $3.5M if he catches 90 passes and makes Pro Bowl.

Wow, now that is a great deal! I have absolutely no problem with this move at all in any way shape or form for that price.

Even if he ends up not being an upgrade to Crabdiva or Morgan, you have to remember we still will put one of the three on the other team's 3rd CB in a lot of situations.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
whats the deal with suspensions for infractions incurred during the lockout? i thought i heard somewhere that the commish wasn't going to do anything for that time period because none of the players were technically employees. just wondering since edwards has that dui...

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
49ers' deal for WR Braylon Edwards is $1M base w/no guaranteed money. He only gets full $3.5M if he catches 90 passes and makes Pro Bowl.

Wow, now that is a great deal! I have absolutely no problem with this move at all in any way shape or form for that price.

Agreed! Love the way the contract is structured! Edwards will be highly motivated in a contract year and I fully expect him to have a stellar season. Hopefully, he will keep his nose clean too.

bing_blunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bingo-

The point remains Edwards put up good numbers on a team without a good QB. If he can do it there, he can do it anywhere.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo-

The point remains Edwards put up good numbers on a team without a good QB. If he can do it there, he can do it anywhere.

But...Sanchez is a good QB!

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sanchez was decent but i think if you put a guy like bradford or matt ryan or even stafford in that jets system you're going to see better results. when sanchez actually has to throw a lot (rare in that run heavy offense) he tends to throw a lot of dumb picks. his numbers overall look ok but he is aided a lot by one of the best run offenses in the league and an incredible line.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Even if he ends up not being an upgrade to Crabdiva or Morgan, you have to remember we still will put one of the three on the other team's 3rd CB in a lot of situations.

Wow! A pay for performance contract, imagine that! Braylon, go out and earn every penny of that $3.5m please!

Nicely Done, 49ers!

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow! A pay for performance contract, imagine that! Braylon, go out and earn every penny of that $3.5m please!

Nicely Done, 49ers!

I think just having coach Harbaugh is a big factor in these free agents coming here. This deal is awesome, no risk, and Braylon seems to have a chip on his shoulder to become the man in SF.

Watchout Crabtree, you might be delegated to #2 WR!

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hold on a second. I'm not going to say this isn't the case but he certainly isn't a great QB. Alex Smith actually has a better QB rating than Sanchez in each of the last 2 seasons.

I actually think they are quite similar. Neither of them has a super high ceiling.
Neither of them has elite throwing ability.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Wow. I don't think I can remember a receiver of his caliber taking an offer like that. Good shit Baalke. Keep it up. Very happy with this off-season. :clap2:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think just having coach Harbaugh is a big factor in these free agents coming here. This deal is awesome, no risk, and Braylon seems to have a chip on his shoulder to become the man in SF.

Watchout Crabtree, you might be delegated to #2 WR!

You're absolutely right. Edwards said as much in his presser. Apparently, there is/was a connection between Edwards' father (Stan) and Jim Harbaugh and Braylon mentioned that fact played a role in his signing with the 49ers.

I'll try to find the interview and post it in this thread. It is an excellent interview with what appears to be a focused and humble Braylon Edwards. It went a long way to improving my image of him.

As for Crabtree, I see his relegation to the #2 as inevitable, but I also see it as a positive for him and the 49ers. Crabtree is a little princess, he doesn't like contact and he would rather play volleyball with defenders than steal and interception from them. Hit Crabtree in stride with a little space around him and watch the magic happen.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is an excellent interview with Braylon Edwards. If he is as sincere as he appears, then we may have acquired Edwards at the right time in his career. This interview went a long way in making me feel confident we got the right guy.

It is one of those interviews where you will have to fill in the questions (I really wish they would address that), but Edwards answers paint a fairly clear picture.

Edwards 1st Interview as a 49er

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he is on the roster week 1 then he is gurntd $1mil, then the other 2.5 comes with his stats, look for him to have a great year to earn his $

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just noticed "Excel" had started a thread and pasted a link to the text of the interview I placed in my previous post.

So here is that link, courtesy of Excel's thread "Edwards saying all the right things". Thanks Excel!

Meet Braylon Edwards - Inside the 49ers

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressive interview with Edwards. I've always liked him and hope that some of his poor choices in his personal life are behind him now. He still has the talent to be a #1 WR on half the teams in the league IMO.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez > Smith

Even if that is the case, he's not that much better. Sanchez also has the best Offensive line in the league to help him out as well as a solid running game. Oh and the same OC.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're absolutely right. Edwards said as much in his presser. Apparently, there is/was a connection between Edwards' father (Stan) and Jim Harbaugh and Braylon mentioned that fact played a role in his signing with the 49ers.

I'll try to find the interview and post it in this thread. It is an excellent interview with what appears to be a focused and humble Braylon Edwards. It went a long way to improving my image of him.

As for Crabtree, I see his relegation to the #2 as inevitable, but I also see it as a positive for him and the 49ers. Crabtree is a little princess, he doesn't like contact and he would rather play volleyball with defenders than steal and interception from them. Hit Crabtree in stride with a little space around him and watch the magic happen.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree. He's one of the more physical receivers i've seen. He's hit some solid blocks down field for our running game as well.