• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EDWARDS SIGNED

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? We still have the same QB who can't win, our pass-rush is still a complete unknown, and our secondary is still mediocre, at best. This is the same crap I heard last offseason when everyone was telling me we were gonna win the division.

I'm just hoping Kap starts sooner to he can make this season worthwhile.

I'd much rather see Kaepernick sit out his rookie year. Especially if the defense turns out as bad as you think it will. I'd like for the 49ers to try the slow and steady approach this time around, instead of the sink or swim approach that they did with Alex.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braylon may not be the best WR out there, but he is certainly worth the 3.5 mil we are paying him and he gives our WR's a much needed boost. I'm hoping he goes out there with a chip on his shoulder and plays like he did in '07. It's not like his 907 yards and 7 TD's last year was a fluke. I mean he had Mark Sanchez throwing him the ball. Even if he stays around the same numbers i could certainly live with that.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't trade for Osi. He was great at getting after the QB and those FF are eye popping stat, but he was horrible against the run. Which is why he was on the pine a lot.
I like the Edwards signing b/c its a 1 yr deal. He'll play for his next contract. He needs to clean up his act, he's getting away from the East Coast - and the change in culture could help him because his immaturity could be accepted/overlooked more in Cali. Whereas on the East it becomes more confrontational - imo - as someone that's lived in both places.
I'm excited for the season, and reading about practices and how Harbaugh is going about things - ie punting! - I think the new attitude will garnish an extra win or two. Now have we improved in talent? Eh. I'm no expert but I don't think we've downgraded, and according to which source you use we're either par or slightly better in most situations...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards signed for a year but with his off the field problems, I wonder how many actual games he'll play before getting himself in trouble. If this guy gets his act straight, this is a good signing. However, this smells like Lawrence Phillips all over again.

So...does that mean you want to put him in pass protection?....think about it.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...does that mean you want to put him in pass protection?....think about it.

Considering Edwards plays wideout, not possible. I made the analogy because the Niners haven't signed too many players with as much baggage as guys like Edwards - Greg Cox was cut by Walsh for his sexual assault issues, Haley and Seifert parted ways, Philips had baggage since his days in Nebraska, and now it's Edwards.

Crabtree has issues, but they're more of the lack of dedication/fashion desires as opposed to a guy who has quite a bit of off the field problems.

Like I said, if Edwards grows up, this is a good move. If not, we're probably seeing this guy for a part of the season.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Considering Edwards plays wideout, not possible. I made the analogy because the Niners haven't signed too many players with as much baggage as guys like Edwards - Greg Cox was cut by Walsh for his sexual assault issues, Haley and Seifert parted ways, Philips had baggage since his days in Nebraska, and now it's Edwards.

Crabtree has issues, but they're more of the lack of dedication/fashion desires as opposed to a guy who has quite a bit of off the field problems.

Like I said, if Edwards grows up, this is a good move. If not, we're probably seeing this guy for a part of the season.

Yosh, I agree with your post, and I like your tag line!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yosh, I agree with your post, and I like your tag line!

M Dubb, man good to see you here. The movie "Cry Freedom" is going down as one of the best I've even seen.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically, anything is possible. But I was making a joke that was too deep I think. I was alluding to Phillips missing that block that lead to Young' concussion. Everybody in my head got it...

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, anything is possible. But I was making a joke that was too deep I think. I was alluding to Phillips missing that block that lead to Young' concussion. Everybody in my head got it...

My bad, not in the mood for deep thought right now - long, long day today. I remember the pseudo block you're referring to. It's essentially as memorable as the catch, but with a negative taste to it.

Seattle FortyNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Braylon may not be the best WR out there, but he is certainly worth the 3.5 mil we are paying him and he gives our WR's a much needed boost. I'm hoping he goes out there with a chip on his shoulder and plays like he did in '07. It's not like his 907 yards and 7 TD's last year was a fluke. I mean he had Mark Sanchez throwing him the ball. Even if he stays around the same numbers i could certainly live with that.

If Crabtree has the same year as last and Edwards has the same year as you pointed out...we probably win the West. We havent had a WR combo like that in a long time, and those aren't even special.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, not in the mood for deep thought right now - long, long day today. I remember the pseudo block you're referring to. It's essentially as memorable as the catch, but with a negative taste to it.

In a way, it's probably the saddest single moment in my 49er fandom. That POS Phillips prematurely started our whole downward spiral.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we need Osi. Rather have Asante Samuels.

I agree. I live in the DC area and watch a lot of NFC East. I think Osi is overrated. That's why no one traded a No. 1 pick for him. Mays and Crab for Samuel? I don't know how I feel about trading two young players for an older CB. I have a feeling Andy Reid is going to get the most out of another team when he trades Samuel.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with a lot of this clyde but the ray of hope that I do have is that the coaching staff now is far superior to that joke of a staff that was here last year

I agree about the coaching staff, especially the step up from Singletary to Harbaugh. They are very inexperienced at this level, however, and I'd imagine it'll take them at least a season to fully absorb and understand the differences between the pros and college.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather see Kaepernick sit out his rookie year. Especially if the defense turns out as bad as you think it will. I'd like for the 49ers to try the slow and steady approach this time around, instead of the sink or swim approach that they did with Alex.

yeah you don't want to rush rookie QB's

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm feeling homered out right now. All it will take is some losses to bring me back to reality but I'm feeling it man, we have a squad. If Aldon is all that we can have a really friggin' good D.

The offense has some serious talent if the OL can improve and we can get some solid play out of Smith. With a better coaching staff, they could make a nice jump, but banking on Smith makes me nervous. I have some reservations about the D, but our run D could afford to take a bit of a hit if it means improving the pass D. I'm hoping we've done that. Time will tell....

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
M Dubb, man good to see you here. The movie "Cry Freedom" is going down as one of the best I've even seen.

'Cry Freedom' just made my movie list! Real good to see you here as well, Yosh!

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree about the coaching staff, especially the step up from Singletary to Harbaugh. They are very inexperienced at this level, however, and I'd imagine it'll take them at least a season to fully absorb and understand the differences between the pros and college.

Most of this staff has spent more time in the NFL then at the college level.
//www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/coaches?coaType=head&team=SF

That was one of things that I appreciated about Harbaugh when he put this staff together. Seely, Fangio, Donatell, Solari are all solid NFL coaches

Even Greg Roman spent a decade plus in the NFL before going to Stanford.
Compare that to what was here in years past and it is night and day.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards is a damn good WR, 900 yards and 7Tds playing with Sanchez who isnt much better then Smith

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't mind this signing because:

1. It should light a fire under Crabtree and;2. It's only a one year deal at a reasonable salary

If we gave him a multi-year deal I would have been pissed.

Also, I really think our offense is finally stable enough to handle a knucklehead like him in the lockerroom now that Vernon Davis has matured. Gore should help keep him in his place too.

It will be almost bizarre to me to see Alex Smith throwing to him!

That's the one of the few reasons why I like this signing. Edwards works hard - he knows how to compete and prepare for the game. Hopefully Crabtree will learn why "practice" is vital for any professional.