• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't surprise me that The U beats out Ohio State for S. Florida kids. If a kid is born & raised in S. Florida I'm sure going through Columbus winters for a minimum of 3 years doesn't exactly sound exciting. Plus I think Richt will be the HC that gets the Canes turned back around.

See, you and I can have a reasonable discussion.

Wiggy's agenda is very transparent. He's trying to get a rise out of us. College football often times is cyclical. And resources isn't the end all be all - UF has more financial resources than Miami, but everytime the two schools meet in football, Miami generally wins out.

Nick Saban at Bama has lost out on battles as well. Doesn't mean that he sucks, it's just how recruiting is. And Miami, even in its prime never kept every single South Florida kid home. Some want to leave, but there's enough talent in the state that they can get away with some kids leaving the state.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup total meltdown....peach bowl...mpc computer bowl...lol

cmon....you are playing in the kiddie pool.

Didn't Ohio St. get molly wopped by Clemson in the playoffs the previous year 31-0?

You see how this shit works?

I want to know which kids that Meyer always comes down to South Florida for and takes away from Miami. Help me out here. Because I have a long list of kids that Meyer has recruited over the last 5 years and they ended up at Miami.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, you and I can have a reasonable discussion.

Wiggy's agenda is very transparent. He's trying to get a rise out of us. College football often times is cyclical. And resources isn't the end all be all - UF has more financial resources than Miami, but everytime the two schools meet in football, Miami generally wins out.

Nick Saban at Bama has lost out on battles as well. Doesn't mean that he sucks, it's just how recruiting is. And Miami, even in its prime never kept every single South Florida kid home. Some want to leave, but there's enough talent in the state that they can get away with some kids leaving the state.

wiggy's just an over the top homer who sometimes talks shit w/o thinking things through first.

I think there are certain places in the country where the home-grow talent truly want to stay in-state. Florida, Texas, California, Alabama. The same can even be said about Ohio State.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup total meltdown....peach bowl...mpc computer bowl...lol

cmon....you are playing in the kiddie pool.

Just stop wiggy. There have been recent examples of Ohio State getting clobbered. That Playoff game that was already mentioned. The OK game last year. The complete meltdown vs. Iowa. All programs go through down times. No matter who they are.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy's just an over the top homer who sometimes talks shit w/o thinking things through first.

I think there are certain places in the country where the home-grow talent truly want to stay in-state. Florida, Texas, California, Alabama. The same can even be said about Ohio State.

Yeah, I'm surprised with how much talent Ohio turns out as it's not often mentioned with the above states. Georgia's also making headway there as well.

But I'm not complaining about UM football. We've had a decade of irrelevance and sitting through 5 years of Al Golden was fucking rough.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to admit--- since hte Buckeyes absolutely positively gut punched them in 2002 (well championship season 2003)- the Hurricanes have pretty much been shit.

I still think that might be my all time favorite college football game--- though Zeke Elliot running all over Bama is right up there as well. Bosa tormenting Mariota is a close 3rd.

Canes had nowhere to go, but down.
Look at who bolted for the NFL over those few years.

Canes can get back to eilte if they can keep the Broward/Dade county players at home.
Richt knows that.
Totally different vibe then when Golden was here.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebrons "Zero Concern" statement was based on the fact that he looked almost disengaged for parts of the game. Like he was feeling it out. I definitely expect a bigger performance, but forgive me for sounding crazy, i think hes saving himself for home games. Cavs need to steal this one, cause goodluck thinking you taking game 7 in Bos.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Ohio St. get molly wopped by Clemson in the playoffs the previous year 31-0?

I want to know which kids that Meyer always comes down to South Florida for and takes away from Miami. Help me out here. Because I have a long list of kids that Meyer has recruited over the last 5 years and they ended up at Miami.

He gets the Bosas

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta bad feeling LeBron's gonna put the Cavs on his shoulders & have a monster game. I hope I'm wrong though.

I hope he does but
still loses

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets the Bosas

Wiggy and I had this debate months ago and he used the Bosa's as his prime example as to why Miami was going to fall considering Ohio St. went into South Florida and got them out of St. Thomas Aquinas which is one of the power houses down there.

What he didn't realize is that the entire family went to Ohio St. and the dad played football for them. So yeah....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm surprised with how much talent Ohio turns out as it's not often mentioned with the above states. Georgia's also making headway there as well.

But I'm not complaining about UM football. We've had a decade of irrelevance and sitting through 5 years of Al Golden was fucking rough.

Good call on Georgia, I forgot to mention them. Funny thing is when you said UM the 1st program I thought of was those assholes in ann arbor. Have I said fuck meeeechegan lately?

I didn't even realize Richt played @ The U until after he was hired. I always like seeing former players that become HC's go back home.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

College Football Recruiting Classes - ESPN

this looks like just the 2017 class-

there #1 recruit is a CB from Florida......the #1 CB in the country

A wide receiver from Florida is the 5th ranked receiver in the country from Florida

stealing hte #1 corner in the country from Florida doesnt seem bad does it? lol....or the #5 receiver in the country from Floria......thats just 2017.... id have to look back at more...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on Georgia, I forgot to mention them. Funny thing is when you said UM the 1st program I thought of was those assholes in ann arbor. Have I said fuck meeeechegan lately?

I didn't even realize Richt played @ The U until after he was hired. I always like seeing former players that become HC's go back home.

Yeah....I've always hated Ohio St. since the 2002 game. And I've typically cheered against Ohio St. in that matchup.

But Harbaugh's so god damn annoying where I just now laugh when they lose. I guess it's more of a I cheer against Michigan than pull for Ohio St.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this looks like just the 2017 class-

there #1 recruit is a CB from Florida......the #1 CB in the country

A wide receiver from Florida is the 5th ranked receiver in the country from Florida

stealing hte #1 corner in the country from Florida doesnt seem bad does it? lol....or the #5 receiver in the country from Floria......thats just 2017.... id have to look back at more...

Nobody cares. This isn't gonna change the fact if LeBron drags this sorry cast of Cavs back to the Finals he'll get his teeth kicked in by the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84

in 2016--- Bosa of course-- the #1 DE in the nation- from Florida going to OSU

in that class also a WR and DT from Flroida...

2015 they have Torrance Gibson from Florida-- a 5 star that was one of the highest rated playeres in the nation....Jamel Dean- a top 10 ranked corner 4 star from florida.....arnette another 4 star safety fromflorida.....jurkovic a guard 4 star from florida....

just looking back at those couple years- you have a best corner in the country from florida...a best DE in the country from Florida....a guy like Gibson- one of the best recruits in the country from Florida.... etc.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....I've always hated Ohio St. since the 2002 game. And I've typically cheered against Ohio St. in that matchup.

But Harbaugh's so god damn annoying where I just now laugh when they lose. I guess it's more of a I cheer against Michigan than pull for Ohio St.

I was @ The Shoe for the '02 Ohio State/meeeechegan game. That was the biggest Buckeye W in my lifetime before that national title game.

Jimmy Jam though. Shit I have never seen a CFB coach that's won basically nothing so far called 1 of the best in the country. And for all of his so-called greatness his recruiting class landed somewhere between 18 & 21 depending on which site you're on.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebrons "Zero Concern" statement was based on the fact that he looked almost disengaged for parts of the game. Like he was feeling it out. I definitely expect a bigger performance, but forgive me for sounding crazy, i think hes saving himself for home games. Cavs need to steal this one, cause goodluck thinking you taking game 7 in Bos.
At this point in LBJ's career he should be able to "feel out" an opponent in one quarter vs. I entire game.