• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College Football Recruiting Classes - ESPN

this looks like just the 2017 class-

there #1 recruit is a CB from Florida......the #1 CB in the country

A wide receiver from Florida is the 5th ranked receiver in the country from Florida

stealing hte #1 corner in the country from Florida doesnt seem bad does it? lol....or the #5 receiver in the country from Floria......thats just 2017.... id have to look back at more...

Jacksonville is UF/FSU territory. I also don't care what ESPN ranks a kid at. Gurvan Hall's better than this kid and he played down in Palm Beach. ESPN's ranking have been completely flawed compared to sites like 247. The kid you cited doesn't even have a Miami offer.

Grimes doesn't even play at Ohio St. anymore. He transferred after 1 year and tried to go to Miami and Richt told him no. Also, Grimes is originally from Indiana not from Florida. Kid grew up an Ohio St. fan. South Florida with high schools is as rabid as you can get with transfers and will pull in kids from all over - see IMG.

Wiggy, sit down and take a lesson in *rankings*. South Florida kids (Jacksonville's in North Florida, genius) are generally underrated because there's a large assortment of talent down here. Look at Miami's class:

DJ Johnson had an offer from every division 1 school in the nation and played out in Cali. Jonathan Garvin started out as a 3-star prospect that no one knew of and got his 4th star later on in the process. Garvin passed up DJ with the quickness which caused that boy to go out and transfer due to "family reasons". Richt on WQAM down in South Florida mentioned indirectly that Garvin caused a kid to move back to Cali (5 star loses to South Florida 3 star).

Now, do you want to get into the 2018 class that Richt apparently loses out to every recruit to Urban Meyer for?

Silvera, Lingard, Hightower and Jordan (#1 TE in the nation) all hold Ohio St. offers and GASP.....they signed with Miami.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was @ The Shoe for the '02 Ohio State/meeeechegan game. That was the biggest Buckeye W in my lifetime before that national title game.

Jimmy Jam though. Shit I have never seen a CFB coach that's won basically nothing so far called 1 of the best in the country. And for all of his so-called greatness his recruiting class landed somewhere between 18 & 21 depending on which site you're on.

Harbaugh earned that distinction with his tenure while with the 49ers. But man, his run at Michigan has been a disappointment. Which I'm not complaining about because we're going head-to-head with them on certain recruits this cycle.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in LBJ's career he should be able to "feel out" an opponent in one quarter vs. I entire game.

You wouldn't be just a bit overcritical right now would you?:D This isn't the 1st time in his career he's had a bad game 1 in a series. For some odd reason that formula seems to work for him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84

in 2016--- Bosa of course-- the #1 DE in the nation- from Florida going to OSU

in that class also a WR and DT from Flroida...

2015 they have Torrance Gibson from Florida-- a 5 star that was one of the highest rated playeres in the nation....Jamel Dean- a top 10 ranked corner 4 star from florida.....arnette another 4 star safety fromflorida.....jurkovic a guard 4 star from florida....

just looking back at those couple years- you have a best corner in the country from florida...a best DE in the country from Florida....a guy like Gibson- one of the best recruits in the country from Florida.... etc.....

Bosa = Ohio St. legacy. You don't think that's a trend that he and his brother went there? Dense.

Torrance Gibson no longer plays at Ohio St. Miami told him your money is at WR, Urban sold him as a QB. As soon as he got to Ohio St., Urban put him at receiver and he ended up transferring.

And no, in no way do I think any of the stuff is alarming. For one, ESPN doesn't really rank recruits accurately. And two, Miami gets its fair share of talent. In Richt's tenure, he's gotten top 10 classes both years. And LOL at bringing up 2015/2016 which were Al Golden years. You literally prove my point - Al Golden was the sorriest excuse of a head coach at any level, and he still pulled in top 20 classes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in LBJ's career he should be able to "feel out" an opponent in one quarter vs. I entire game.

Maybe he can just sense that its going to be a hopeless beatdown, so why bother?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this looks like just the 2017 class-

there #1 recruit is a CB from Florida......the #1 CB in the country

A wide receiver from Florida is the 5th ranked receiver in the country from Florida

stealing hte #1 corner in the country from Florida doesnt seem bad does it? lol....or the #5 receiver in the country from Floria......thats just 2017.... id have to look back at more...

Ohio State is usually elite.
They should be.
Nobody needs a 100000 word essay on why.

UM is a small, private school.
What they’ve accomplished is rare air.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh earned that distinction with his tenure while with the 49ers. But man, his run at Michigan has been a disappointment. Which I'm not complaining about because we're going head-to-head with them on certain recruits this cycle.

Let's see here. 0-3 vs. Ohio State. 1-2 vs. Michigan State. Went 0-5 last year against teams that finished the regular season above .500. 1-2 bowl record. 8-8 in his last 16 games. I can't image this is what meeeechegan fans were thinking would happen when he made his glorious return to ann arbor.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be.

Miami's still a trademark school that's recognized in CFB.

Look at that Miami vs. Notre Dame game. College Gameday has its highest ratings in years when they went on Miami's campus.

Ohio St. will always have its run. But to base an argument on how a highly rated kid left the state of Florida is absolutely hilarious. It's always been like that since the dawn of football and will remain that way. Miami/UF/FSU has never gotten every single kid in Florida. Sometimes a kid wants to leave the state.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see here. 0-3 vs. Ohio State. 1-2 vs. Michigan State. Went 0-5 last year against teams that finished the regular season above .500. 1-2 bowl record. 8-8 in his last 16 games. I can't image this is what meeeechegan fans were thinking would happen when he made his glorious return to ann arbor.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit shocked myself.

But I'm happy honestly. Stephen Ross is the Dolphins owner and let his love for the school get in the way of making the Dolphins better. He didn't want to interview Harbaugh for the Dolphins job because he knew he was going to Michigan.

Those records are really bad. And that's also acknowledging that Michigan St. hasn't been that good in the last couple of years either. He loses again to both schools, he's on his way out. Especially with what they're paying him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest, I'm a bit shocked myself.

But I'm happy honestly. Stephen Ross is the Dolphins owner and let his love for the school get in the way of making the Dolphins better. He didn't want to interview Harbaugh for the Dolphins job because he knew he was going to Michigan.

Those records are really bad. And that's also acknowledging that Michigan St. hasn't been that good in the last couple of years either. He loses again to both schools, he's on his way out. Especially with what they're paying him.

Is Ross a UofM grad or something? But I think this is a make or break year for Harbaugh. He either does some of the stuff he was brought in to do or it's time for him to return to the NFL.

There's no question he's a damn good coach. But I think he's more wired for the NFL than CFB. Plus w/ how overly competitive he is that loss to his brother in the SB has to burn him up.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ross a UofM grad or something? But I think this is a make or break year for Harbaugh. He either does some of the stuff he was brought in to do or it's time for him to return to the NFL.

There's no question he's a damn good coach. But I think he's more wired for the NFL than CFB. Plus w/ how overly competitive he is that loss to his brother in the SB has to burn him up.

Yeah, Ross is a Michigan grad and one of their largest boosters.

I agree with it being a make or break year. I think Michigan has to at least win 10 games including beating Ohio St. It's year 4 and all of Hoke's players are gone. You also can't keep having QB issues every single year.

He's a great coach. But this one's perplexing to me. His problem is is that he eventually wore out his welcome in SF and people thought he'd be perfect at Michigan because players are cycled out every 3-5 years; so kid's won't really get tired of you for dealing with you for too long. But here we are.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok...

and still, the season is over and i'm sure he's working on his shot...

as i've said, stay tuned...

He better be working instead of worrying about playing with his little bro lolz

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be.

even you admit it

what "they have" accomplished

not- what "they are" accomplishing

its all in the past the way of Nebraska, ND, etc. etc. etc.....the glory days....to never return in full esteem again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even you admit it

what "they have" accomplished

not- what "they are" accomplishing

its all in the past the way of Nebraska, ND, etc. etc. etc.....the glory days....to never return in full esteem again.

They have a much better chance to rise again then the Cavs ever do starting the day after LeBron leaves, which might be coming to a theater near you pretty soon.

Anyway, you are still FOS.
They were in the Orange Bowl last year.
Prob 1 or 2 seasons ahead of where most people thought.
They over achieved.

OSU underachieved last season.

No legit excuse to not make playoffs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team do you hope to be rooting for next season?

Serious question because you've always said you're a lebron fan rather than the team he's playing on.

My preference would be for him to stay in Cleveland... hoping the Cavs can pull off a nice off season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course you have to operate with the salary cap.

That has not stopped Gilbert from writing the largest checks in the history of the league the last two years since him and his staff have found ways to continue to add talent even thoguh every single year with LeBron is a GO FOR IT year.

Kyrie refused to play with LeBron, that forced change.

Top teams always get the buyouts.

You think that has something to do with Gilbert?

What other talent have they added?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Ross is a Michigan grad and one of their largest boosters.

I agree with it being a make or break year. I think Michigan has to at least win 10 games including beating Ohio St. It's year 4 and all of Hoke's players are gone. You also can't keep having QB issues every single year.

He's a great coach. But this one's perplexing to me. His problem is is that he eventually wore out his welcome in SF and people thought he'd be perfect at Michigan because players are cycled out every 3-5 years; so kid's won't really get tired of you for dealing with you for too long. But here we are.

Oh well that might mean somewhere down the road Jimmy Jam could be the HC of the Dolphins. He might wear out his welcome @ every stop but until that happens he's always quality entertainment.