• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, fuck Donna Shalala.

And the Nebraska comparison is off because Miami sits in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. They still attract and sign elite talent, while Nebraska has to rely heavily on out of state recruiting where their name doesn't hold weight anymore.

Agreed. I also don't understand the concept of Miami can't compete or doesn't have the capability to:

Facilities: Updated
Dorms: Updated and look like a fucking resort now.
IPF: Will be complete end of Summer.
Conference: Plays in the ACC
Recruiting: Is in the strongest area in the country.
Coach: Top 10 coach in the nation.
Money: No longer an issue

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Meyer retired tomorrow he would still have won a CFB championship, been to it multiple times, made big time bowls time and time again.

In today's college football environment- there are not many teams as well equipped to compete as THE Ohio State University.........Alabama, Clemson....maybe a couple others. The truly elite programs.

The U used to be one....now its on a tier with a lot of also-rans. Its just hard for a private school to compete- even with a team like FSU with so many more resources.

See post #1281. And FSU doesn't have so many resources over Miami. They just lost their HC to Texas A&M. Keep grasping.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See post #1281. And FSU doesn't have so many resources over Miami. They just lost their HC to Texas A&M. Keep grasping.

UM athletes are doing ok.

The new workout complex/student centrr is first class.
They’re building an indoor training facility.
They play their games at a super bowl class stadium.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you have to admit--- since hte Buckeyes absolutely positively gut punched them in 2002 (well championship season 2003)- the Hurricanes have pretty much been shit.

I still think that might be my all time favorite college football game--- though Zeke Elliot running all over Bama is right up there as well. Bosa tormenting Mariota is a close 3rd.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is funny when Wiggy mentions that Miami can't compete anymore. CFB is always about coaching. Coaching gets the highly rated recruits. Miami has everything they need. Sure, they don't have a golf course or gimmicky shit like that, because you don't need it in Coral Gables. You need that shit in Tuscaloosa and Clemson to make up for the fact that you're living in a shit area.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to admit--- since hte Buckeyes absolutely positively gut punched them in 2002 (well championship season 2003)- the Hurricanes have pretty much been shit.

Yup. Previous administration wasn't willing to spend the money for coaching. That's not the case anymore. Any other hot takes?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herp derp - FSU has SO many resources than Miami. Even though they weren't willing to outspend Texas A&M for Jimbo. What a loveable cucktard.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they wont ever make the CFB?

Debatable. Miami late into the year was the #2 in the nation. Injuries caught up to the team. Rosier doesn't start for many division-1 schools, yet Richt managed to get 10 wins (would've been 11 if that Ark St. game doesn't get cancelled).

People were saying that Bama was never coming back when they had Mike Shula as a coach. They went and got Nick Saban. Miami's in the preseason top 10.

I don't really know why I'm getting into this debate with you. Your overall knowledge is shit and you argue like Skip Bayless.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics icon Robert Parish pumps breaks on Brad Stevens Praise: 'win something first'

"I think he gets a little too much praise, but I like what he's doing."

Can't say he's really wrong.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I also don't understand the concept of Miami can't compete or doesn't have the capability to:

Facilities: Updated
Dorms: Updated and look like a fucking resort now.
IPF: Will be complete end of Summer.
Conference: Plays in the ACC
Recruiting: Is in the strongest area in the country.
Coach: Top 10 coach in the nation.
Money: No longer an issue
Meyer comes in and takes your Florida recruits all the time.....that and with a football powerhouse like Ohio.....pretty unreal.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer comes in and takes your Florida recruits all the time.....that and with a football powerhouse like Ohio.....pretty unreal.

Ohio State's been getting players from Florida since the Jon 'pooper scooper' Cooper days. So it's not exactly like Meyer got to Columbus & then the Buckeyes started getting players from that state.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State's been getting players from Florida since the Jon 'pooper scooper' Cooper days. So it's not exactly like Meyer got to Columbus & then the Buckeyes started getting players from that state.
true...Cooper was such a choke artist. The WORST.

I still love the Vest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ingram is up for debate but Lonzo? I know he is 20 but I could close my eyes and shoot better than that slapdick :laugh3:
usually you know right away when you get lucky and get a star in the draft

with Kyrie you KNEW.....with Mitchell and Tatum the Jazz and Celtics see right away what they got...Porzingis with the Knicks, Embiid once he was healthy with the Sixers, Simmons with the Sixers etc...

Ingram looks like he can one day be a pretty good player- and maybe one day he will be an all star--- but he certainly does not look like the franchise altering player that you hope you get when you have a #2 pick.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true...Cooper was such a choke artist. The WORST.

I still love the Vest.

Cooper's name still pisses me off. He had so much talent & underachieved greatly. Speaking of Tressel I got the chance to meet him @ the HS I went to when he was on a recruiting trip for Beanie Wells.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ingram is up for debate but Lonzo? I know he is 20 but I could close my eyes and shoot better than that slapdick :laugh3:
Lonzo might one day fix his shooting but its gonna take a while--- as i said on another thread- he had the worst shooting percentage in the entire NBA for anyone with 500 shot attempts.

He brings a lot more value than just his shooting- but in todays pace and space league where shooting is more important than ever- its a severe limitation and will likely prevent him from ever being a truly elite franchise level player.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is- and whoever the Cavs get in the lotto is likely to be AT LEAST as good as Ingram or Ball. So :nono:

:L

You were talking about players the Cavs had drafted......You have already confirmed they aren't drafting Anthony Bennett 2.0?