• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think he cares if he gets bashed for changing teams?

He shouldnt, because wherever he goes, he is the reason that team instantly becomes title contenders

That will always be the difference between him and Durant, not to say Durant isnt great, but Durant joined a team that was already title favorites, Lebron makes team finals contenders

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL , an "established team" that was 47-35 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. He just likes to be difficult with me for some reason.
yah they turned over practically the whole roster- or at least the important parts of it- besides like Dwade and Haslem.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldnt, because wherever he goes, he is the reason that team instantly becomes title contenders

That will always be the difference between him and Durant, not to say Durant isnt great, but Durant joined a team that was already title favorites, Lebron makes team finals contenders
The other difference between him and Durant is LeBron is a better basketball player

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we will see....

i really hope

honestly- i am not even lying here---- if you could give me two choices----

(i) the Cavs beat the Celtics

or

(ii) the Cavs lose to the Celtics but somehow pull a lotto win out of their ass---

id choose #2 since it would practically guarantee LeBron would go nowhere the rest of his career

could you imagine how the Cavs haters would howl and piss and moan and cry if somehow Nick Gilbert pulled out a jump in the lotto? lol.....it would be glorious.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally agree Gilbert was a moron for firing Griffen. Gilbert is a control freak.

However, I just dont see the good option for LeBron moving on right now.

RIGHT NOW, i think he will stay in Cleveland another year or two and then re-evaulaute, but who really knows.....stil lso much that can happe nbetween now and free agency.

So Gilbert the control freak couldn't pay Griffin a few million, but he could basically hand over team control to James?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Lebron never seems to do what he says. But you're cool with him hopping around from team to team?

Players can do whatever they feel is in their best interests.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Gilbert the control freak couldn't pay Griffin a few million, but he could basically hand over team control to James?
what do you mean "hand over team control to James"?

do you honestly think LeBron James is working the phones trying to do trade deals?

Do you think hes was the one that said- go get George hill, go trade Kyrie, go get Nance and Clarkson, keep the Brooklyn pick, etc. etc. etc. ----I mean- the JR Smith, Shumpert trade is a perfect example of how it works--- the Cavs puruse a trade, get a deal pretty much in place, and then go to LeBron and say- "what do you think"? -and get input on the transaction from one of the smartest minds in the history of the NBA.

LeBron isnt sitting there thinking up trade scenarios and then going to the front office and saying- DO THIS-

If you think he does you are a moron.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL , an "established team" that was 47-35 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. He just likes to be difficult with me for some reason.

A team that won a title 4 years prior and still had an in his prime Dwayne Wade and was adding an All-Star in Chris Bosh as well.

So, sure, he didn't pull a full Kevin Durant but to argue that he wasn't going to the presumptive favorites in the East is disingenuous.

Reactions: LAD

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they had a Hall of Famer who already won a title on that Heat team, no?

The Heat went 47-35 and lost in the first round with that Hall of Famer. LeBron was leaving a team that went 61-21 and lost in the Conference Finals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they had a Hall of Famer who already won a title on that Heat team, no?
does that make them an "established team"
so when KG and Allen went to Boston they went to an "established team"?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you mean "hand over team control to James"?

do you honestly think LeBron James is working the phones trying to do trade deals?

Do you think hes was the one that said- go get George hill, go trade Kyrie, go get Nance and Clarkson, keep the Brooklyn pick, etc. etc. etc. ----I mean- the JR Smith, Shumpert trade is a perfect example of how it works--- the Cavs puruse a trade, get a deal pretty much in place, and then go to LeBron and say- "what do you think"? -and get input on the transaction from one of the smartest minds in the history of the NBA.

LeBron isnt sitting there thinking up trade scenarios and then going to the front office and saying- DO THIS-

If you think he does you are a moron.

When they met on the plane, I think he agreed to give him at least imput into every decision.
That was 4 years ago.

I think as of now, they consider LeBrons opinion but until he commits to staying Gilbert will plan for the franchise moving forward without him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does that make them an "established team"

so when KG and Allen went to Boston they went to an "established team"?

You know, what? You win. I'm not interested in 20 posts on the definition of "established".

If you want to argue that the Heat were some plucky upstart when James joined them, knock yourself out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, what? You win. I'm not interested in 20 posts on the definition of "established".

If you want to argue that the Heat were some plucky upstart when James joined them, knock yourself out.
hey- you cant say LeBron and Bosh joining WAde is an "established team"--- and then say Allen and Garnett joining Pierce is not. That would be quite hypocritical....just asking your opinion- but apparently i already knew the answer ;)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think he cares if he gets bashed for changing teams?

He'll care if people see him as title chasing - hypothetical scenario that will never happen - but if he went to the Warriors, he'd get shredded. At that point the Jordan comparisons would come to an abrupt halt. So yes, in theory, he still does care. That's why the 76ers losing in the 2nd round in the fashion that they did was a potential blessing - because Lebron won't be seen as title chasing if he went to that potential destination.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they met on the plane, I think he agreed to give him at least imput into every decision.
That was 4 years ago.

I think as of now, they consider LeBrons opinion but until he commits to staying Gilbert will plan for the franchise moving forward without him.
its exactly how it worked with JR and Shumpert.

Griffen got a deal mostly in place-- LeBron had no clue he was working on the deal --- once it became clear there was a basic framework--- Griffen went to LeBron and said- this is what we are thinking- we want Shumpert- and JR but they are kidn of making us take JR--- we are worried about JR and how he has fit in during his time with the Knicks- what do you think- can you make this work?--- and LeBron said said - yes I think thats a great fit.

SAme with the Wiggins deal- the Cavs had literally been trying to trade for Kevin Love for years before LeBron came back-- they finally got an asset that could bring him in--- i am sure htey went to LeBron and said- hey we have this great young talent in wiggins and can probably acquire Kevin Love--- what do you think?

its the same thing withthe Wade deal to Miami---- "hey lebron we have a deal to send Wade home to miami since he wont get much PT with us anymore--- but before we do it- we want your input".

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that won a title 4 years prior and still had an in his prime Dwayne Wade and was adding an All-Star in Chris Bosh as well.

So, sure, he didn't pull a full Kevin Durant but to argue that he wasn't going to the presumptive favorites in the East is disingenuous.

Heat became overnight favorite to win the title.

The day James went back to the Cavs, they became favorite to at least win the EC.