• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say must win. But it's really going to put some pressure on them if they don't.

Losing, especially if they get blown out again, will help Boston's confidence and could cause some of the question themselves.

But, end of the day, all Boston will have accomplished is holding serve. If the Cavs do the same on their home court, I'd still bet on them to win the series.

I agree with you. Right now the Celtics have "a tiger by the tail". If they can keep the Cavs from getting some momentum built up they have a chance but if they can keep the Cavs and Lebron from "getting going" they still have a chance

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The term "handpicked" implies that he had a variety of options though in terms of players he brought in. He didn't. I really dislike that term because it is used by haters to discredit his accomplishments as a player. That is the only reason to bring it up. And, IMO is not even an accurate depiction of what happened.

LeBron chose Cleveland 4 years ago because it gave him a chance to win and it was his hometown. But, let's be very clear about this. It was not his BEST, easiest path to a title. So the notion that he handpicked his team and his teammates just doesn't sit right with me.

LeBron chose Cleveland because he believed he could work with what they had. But there were better options available. There is a 0% chance he would have chosen the Cav roster 4 years ago if it was in say, Detroit.

There were better options available at the time - but not many. Also, he had already got bashed by going to Miami and was looked at as title chasing. If he went to another team, the narrative would've been brought up again. Because it was Cleveland, it was seen as him trying to do right by the home team and finalize his legacy. If/when he leaves, he'll have a (valid) excuse given that the roster is not set up for long term success.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I'm rooting for Danny Ainge. Kinda disgusted with myself

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The term "handpicked" implies that he had a variety of options though in terms of players he brought in. He didn't. I really dislike that term because it is used by haters to discredit his accomplishments as a player. That is the only reason to bring it up. And, IMO is not even an accurate depiction of what happened.

LeBron chose Cleveland 4 years ago because it gave him a chance to win and it was his hometown. But, let's be very clear about this. It was not his BEST, easiest path to a title. So the notion that he handpicked his team and his teammates just doesn't sit right with me.

LeBron chose Cleveland because he believed he could work with what they had. But there were better options available. There is a 0% chance he would have chosen the Cav roster 4 years ago if it was in say, Detroit.

I respect your opinion, and the vast majority of the time agree with them, but not in this instance.

Also, with me, it certainly isn't hating on him to discredit anything.

He handpicked Kyrie/Love over Wade/Bosh.
Then, he started handpicking his bench with players like Mike Miller, James Jones, Shawn Marion and I'm sure others.
Obviously nobody can pick the 15 player roster but he knew he could mold the roster to duplicate what the Heat had done.

Let's also remember the secret meeting with Gilbert in his plane in which it's quite clear Gilbert agreed all of James' terms to come back.

James 100% wanted the power that Riley wouldn't concede.
That IMO was a HUGE part of why he went back and falls into the category of handpicked.

What better options were available?
If memory serves, James (himself) didn't even meet with any other teams because his mind was made up long before the process ever began.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just came back to 30....yes 30

I can confidently say that no one else would ever have so much.... i really should get a share of this place. lol

Not a good start. I predicted Boston would win game 1 but i am surprised it was in that fashion. LeBron was his typical Game 1 self this post-season- out of rhyhtm and not aggressive. I thought Love played decent, and TT obviously deserves more PT in this series, but not a whole lot of other positives here.

They need a split in Boston and get one more chance at it.

Thats because we all knew that you’d be nowhere to be seen.

I can confidently say that when you were banned, I don’t recall you being mentioned at all after the first day or two.

As far as Love ( and its only 1 game), how was he decent until they were down 20+?

As far as Tristan, he will need to play more, but if you’re being honest with yourself Baynes > Tristan.

Reactions: LAD

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazes me the glaring difference in Coaching in these last 2 Celtics series

The Celtics so clearly take nothing but good shots, move the ball until the best shot presents itself

Both Philly and Cleveland just play one on one chuck ball

JR Smiths' disgusting shooting alone turned that game into a laugher early

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats because we all knew that you’d be nowhere to be seen.

I can confidently say that when you were banned, I don’t recall you being mentioned at all after the first day or two.

As far as Love ( and its only 1 game), how was he decent until they were down 20+?

As far as Tristan, he will need to play more, but if you’re being honest with yourself Baynes > Tristan.
actually "when i was banned" i came back and had like 75 mentions...lol......not that i would expect you to see that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazes me the glaring difference in Coaching in these last 2 Celtics series

The Celtics so clearly take nothing but good shots, move the ball until the best shot presents itself

Both Philly and Cleveland just play one on one chuck ball

JR Smiths' disgusting shooting alone turned that game into a laugher early
Cavs did not hit a 3 pointer until well into the 3rd qtr.

With LeBron passive the the 3 pt shooting simply awful it does not surprise me they got thrashed.

I think we are in for a long series. I hope so at least.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were better options available at the time - but not many. Also, he had already got bashed by going to Miami and was looked at as title chasing. If he went to another team, the narrative would've been brought up again. Because it was Cleveland, it was seen as him trying to do right by the home team and finalize his legacy. If/when he leaves, he'll have a (valid) excuse given that the roster is not set up for long term success.
he wanted to come back to Clevleand to restore his name....he didnt want to be post-career and a pariah in north east ohio...the "akron hates you chants" at quicken loans got to him in a big way.

having said that- if the Cavs tried to compete and were a capped out mess when LeBron became a free agent he would never have come back to Cleveland. he would never have come back if the Cavs did not have the assets and cap space that Griffen did a great job putting together.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually "when i was banned" i came back and had like 75 mentions...lol......not that i would expect you to see that.

We missed your wackiness that's why you got all those mentions. Now go away!:heh:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you really think he cares if he gets bashed for changing teams?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's been through it, this time it won't be nearly as big a deal and like you said, that's probably not top of his list of concerns

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great.
Probably all the first few days asking what happened, or after the fact stating the boards were far less junked up without you.

Reactions: LAD

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been through it, this time it won't be nearly as big a deal and like you said, that's probably not top of his list of concerns

If winning titles is his primary focus, then he isn't going to care about the short term negative press about changing teams. Because I am CERTAIN he knows that no one will care about that in 10 years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he cares alot more about getting bashed for losing.

And, if he won a title with 3 different franchises, wouldn’t he be the first?