• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he cares alot more about getting bashed for losing.

And, if he won a title with 3 different franchises, wouldn’t he be the first?

I agree. He cares a lot more about losing than about appearing like a title chaser.

I believe you are right that he would be the first guy to win titles with 3 different teams. Which would be viewed favorably by most.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He cares a lot more about losing than about appearing like a title chaser.

I believe you are right that he would be the first guy to win titles with 3 different teams. Which would be viewed favorably by most.

He could also be viewed negatively as a "ring chaser" if he bolts again to form another super team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great.
Probably all the first few days asking what happened, or after the fact stating the boards were far less junked up without you.
actually it wasnt.....actually it was probably quite a bit more than that....there were prob more mentions of me while i was gone then you while you were hear. lol.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could also be viewed negatively as a "ring chaser" if he bolts again to form another super team.
its why i always thought it was either LA or Cleveland.....any other option and he looks like a mercenary which i dont think he wants on his resume.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The people that will accuse him of that are the people looking for reasons to criticize Lebron.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people that will accuse him of that are the people looking for reasons to criticize Lebron.

Not necessarily, LeBron himself said he didn't want to go ring chasing back in '06..

"It's also important to me to make the team I'm on now the best. I don't want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that's already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion."

link to article: LeBron James in 2006: "I Don't Want to Go Ring Chasing"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny how all the game 1's have been among the Cavs weakest games.

Indiana beat the crap outta the Cavs in game 1....the Raptors choked away a game 1 and the Celtics came out sharp and focused and beat the crap outta the Cavs isn Game 1

Cavs can accomplish their goal by getting Game 2 and splitting the first two games on the road---- but its a lost opportunity. If the Cavs would have won game 1 it would ahve been a short short series.....since they lost its gonna be a dog fight and a long series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily, LeBron himself said he didn't want to go ring chasing back in '06..

"It's also important to me to make the team I'm on now the best. I don't want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that's already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion."

I would be very surprised if LeBron went to a team that he had no real connection with.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually it wasnt.....actually it was probably quite a bit more than that....there were prob more mentions of me while i was gone then you while you were hear. lol.....

Most people here aren't mentioned much because most aren't viewed as absurd.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And then 3 years later he went to Miami, an established team, to win championships.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its why i always thought it was either LA or Cleveland.....any other option and he looks like a mercenary which i dont think he wants on his resume.

Don't fool yourself wiggy, LeBron wants rings. As far as the Lakers thing I still think Kobe's legacy looms too large for him to end up there. Plus even him & PG won't make L.A. instant title contenders.

When it comes to the Cavs I got 2 words for you: Danny Boy. I still think he was a moron for firing Griffin. And it's not like LeBron has any respect for him. Then there's the roster. Short of a major revamp he knows he's not winning another ring in Cleveland. If he doesn't leave I'll be surprised.

Reactions: LAD

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very surprised if LeBron went to a team that he had no real connection with.

He should just stay in Cleveland, they don't need that much of an improvement honse
And then 3 years later he went to Miami, an established team, to win championships.

Not 5, not 6, not 7....

Yeah, Lebron never seems to do what he says. But you're cool with him hopping around from team to team?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you actually took your time to count...?

LMFAO no ego trip there...

Not to defend wiggy but whenever you get alerts on this site the # is always next to the alert box. Same w/ the inbox.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fool yourself wiggy, LeBron wants rings. As far as the Lakers thing I still think Kobe's legacy looms too large for him to end up there. Plus even him & PG won't make L.A. instant title contenders.

When it comes to the Cavs I got 2 words for you: Danny Boy. I still think he was a moron for firing Griffin. And it's not like LeBron has any respect for him. Then there's the roster. Short of a major revamp he knows he's not winning another ring in Cleveland. If he doesn't leave I'll be surprised.
i totally agree Gilbert was a moron for firing Griffen. Gilbert is a control freak.

However, I just dont see the good option for LeBron moving on right now.

RIGHT NOW, i think he will stay in Cleveland another year or two and then re-evaulaute, but who really knows.....stil lso much that can happe nbetween now and free agency.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 5, not 6, not 7....

Yeah, Lebron never seems to do what he says. But you're cool with him hopping around from team to team?

When he said that what he really meant was the # of years he would spend in Miami.:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the lotto is tomorrow night......potentially a big night

I expect the Cavs to stay at #8----- but there is, i think a 15% chance, that all the talk of LeBron leaving Cleveland could come to a screeching halt tomorrow night

if they jump up in this draft and get a trade asset like that hes not going anywhere--- that ill guarantee.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally agree Gilbert was a moron for firing Griffen. Gilbert is a control freak.

However, I just dont see the good option for LeBron moving on right now.

RIGHT NOW, i think he will stay in Cleveland another year or two and then re-evaulaute, but who really knows.....stil lso much that can happe nbetween now and free agency.

Well for all you Cavs fans I hope he sticks around.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an "established team" ?

care to explain?

LOL , an "established team" that was 47-35 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. He just likes to be difficult with me for some reason.