• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers don’t get James, guess where they are after all the tanking?

A probable first or second round TKO.
the Sixers could easily get PG or LEonard or LeBron....and if you think there ceiling is a 2nd round knock the nex 3 -4 years --- just watch and be humiliated like your august post saying the Heats roster was better.

Simmons and Embiid are both already top 20 players and both have the ability to be top 10 guys. AND they have the cap space to bring in another major guy....if its not LeBron it could easily be Leonard or George.

IF LeBron goes West the East belongs to the Sixers and Celts ----and maybe the Bucks for the foreseeable future. Anyone that watches the game knows that except you apparently.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Sixers could easily get PG or LEonard or LeBron....and if you think there ceiling is a 2nd round knock the nex 3 -4 years --- just watch and be humiliated like your august post saying the Heats roster was better.

Simmons and Embiid are both already top 20 players and both have the ability to be top 10 guys. AND they have the cap space to bring in another major guy....if its not LeBron it could easily be Leonard or George.

IF LeBron goes West the East belongs to the Sixers and Celts ----and maybe the Bucks for the foreseeable future. Anyone that watches the game knows that except you apparently.

1. Assumption was based on LeBron not going to Philly and staying in the East.
Can’t you read?

2. Until the Sixers actually have done, they haven’t.

3. The best one yet, you agreed with my preseason Heat/Philly anslysis. Thats why you refused to bet.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is 5-1 in the playoffs in games decided by six points or fewer, while Cleveland is 6-1.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Mother's day to everybody's mom.

Especially @LAD and @Mecca. 2 great moms and their moms.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny.
Cavs have done that, as we’ve pointed out.

We’ve also pointed out that the last time they won a playoff series without LeBron on the roster was 1992.

Cavs have done what? lied to themselves and had their ego convince them they could be contenders without LeBron?

The Cavs went the opposite direction--- they said-- we are gonna strip it to the studs, get a ton of draft assets and young players so in a couple years we can attract a free agent

IMAGINE if the Cavs would have done what the Heat did--- sign a bunch of mediocre free agents just to get their shit pushed in during the 1st round of the playoffs---- they WOULDNT of had the cap space to bring LeBron back....they would have had a bunch of shit contracts like Tyler Freaking Johnson making 19M a year-- and would have had to tell LEBron---- sorry- we couldve tanked and a couple young studs and a ton of trade assets---- instead--- we thought it would be a great idea to sign a bunch of mediocre guys, win about 42 games a year and get tossed out of the playoffs by real teams.

lol...could you even imagine if they took the route the heat did after LeBron left them? If they did LeBron couldnt of even come back If he begged Gilbert to come back since there would have been no cap space.

If a guy like Paul George this offseason even wanted to go to Miami Riley would have to tell them--- sorry- cant do it--- I really wanted to sign J. Johnson and Waiters.....the 30M they are making combined could have gone to you--- but we really needed a couple more mediocre role players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they said-- we are gonna strip it to the studs, get a ton of draft assets and young players so in a couple years we can attract a free agent

No they didn't.

It's what they did, but it's not what they said they were going to do.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs have done what? lied to themselves and had their ego convince them they could be contenders without LeBron?

The Cavs went the opposite direction--- they said-- we are gonna strip it to the studs, get a ton of draft assets and young players so in a couple years we can attract a free agent

IMAGINE if the Cavs would have done what the Heat did--- sign a bunch of mediocre free agents just to get their shit pushed in during the 1st round of the playoffs---- they WOULDNT of had the cap space to bring LeBron back....they would have had a bunch of shit contracts like Tyler Freaking Johnson making 19M a year-- and would have had to tell LEBron---- sorry- we couldve tanked and a couple young studs and a ton of trade assets---- instead--- we thought it would be a great idea to sign a bunch of mediocre guys, win about 42 games a year and get tossed out of the playoffs by real teams.

lol...could you even imagine if they took the route the heat did after LeBron left them? If they did LeBron couldnt of even come back If he begged Gilbert to come back since there would have been no cap space.

If a guy like Paul George this offseason even wanted to go to Miami Riley would have to tell them--- sorry- cant do it--- I really wanted to sign J. Johnson and Waiters.....the 30M they are making combined could have gone to you--- but we really needed a couple more mediocre role players.

The only 2 things the Cavs have done of relevance over the last few decades is:

1. Got extremely lucky defying the odds with lotto balls.

2. Having the lotto ball luck translate into James returning there.

No other 'plan' that the Cavs had has amounted into anything but a pile of shit.

They weren't even planning on James coming back.

As far as the Heat, even though I'm not sure why they are part of this, WHATEVER, we had a great run. Now it's back to the grind.
And lol at they couldn't create space if they had too. There's always a way.

Regardless, nothing they did, didn't do, or could have done would have made a bit of difference.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't.

In fact,

I remember Gilbert declaring that the Cavs would win a title before LeBron did.

Ironically, he would still have 0 if not for Lebron's return.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't.

In fact,

You guys beat me too it.

#wiggyjustmakingshitupagain

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If James goes to the Sixers.....are you on that bandwagon?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's rehash, the wonderful Dan Gilbert :

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert posted this letter on the team's website after LeBron James' announcement he was leaving for the Miami Heat.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only 2 things the Cavs have done of relevance over the last few decades is:

1. Got extremely lucky defying the odds with lotto balls.

2. Having the lotto ball luck translate into James returning there.

No other 'plan' that the Cavs had has amounted into anything but a pile of shit.

They weren't even planning on James coming back.

As far as the Heat, even though I'm not sure why they are part of this, WHATEVER, we had a great run. Now it's back to the grind.
And lol at they couldn't create space if they had too. There's always a way.

Regardless, nothing they did, didn't do, or could have done would have made a bit of difference.

Boom.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact,

was gonna bring that up, but you beat me to it, coach...

guess Gilbert SHOULD be thanking his lucky stars that LeClown didn't hold enough of a grudge to keep him from returning...

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's rehash, the wonderful Dan Gilbert :

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert posted this letter on the team's website after LeBron James' announcement he was leaving for the Miami Heat.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

#Timevindicates___

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy vs. turnup round 1,000 :heh:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if u dont like LeBron, and dont like the Warriors you are probably getting REALLY sick of it by now though, lol

in NBA history no one ever had to see 3 straight matchups......now its likely we will see 4 straight.

Yeah I guess for some this era sucks, knowing who's meeting in the Finals every year recently. But then the 90s would have sucked for those people too. And most of the 80s too.