• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Cavs DO lose to the Celtics theres no defending LeBron after that. Celtics are missing their 2 best players. There is absolutely NO excuse for the Cavs to lose. None

Not true.

The Cavs suck beyond LeBron. Basketball is a team game. The Cavs have almost no chance to win a ring this year. No matter whether they lose to Boston or GS, you are going to say that LeBron's legacy is diminished as a result.

The reality is that he is just completing the best season of his career and you are wrong. Team losses don't diminish an individual. Especially when the opposing team is a lot better. The Celtics aren't better, but they have just the right pieces to win this series with or without Kyrie. GS is so far superior to Cleveland it isn't funny.

Cleveland will eventually lose this season, and everyone with an ounce of objectivity will elevate LeBron in their all time ranks anyway. Only the fools will continue to cling to these BS narratives to push LeBron down. You, sir, are a fool. Open your eyes.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true.

The Cavs suck beyond LeBron. Basketball is a team game. The Cavs have almost no chance to win a ring this year. No matter whether they lose to Boston or GS, you are going to say that LeBron's legacy is diminished as a result.

The reality is that he is just completing the best season of his career and you are wrong. Team losses don't diminish an individual. Especially when the opposing team is a lot better. The Celtics aren't better, but they have just the right pieces to win this series with or without Kyrie. GS is so far superior to Cleveland it isn't funny.

Cleveland will eventually lose this season, and everyone with an ounce of objectivity will elevate LeBron in their all time ranks anyway. Only the fools will continue to cling to these BS narratives to push LeBron down. You, sir, are a fool. Open your eyes.

I feel bad for the NBA 'fans' who are living in the middle of one of the great eras in the history of the sport. Just like we look back on the Jordan era, and people who lived through it as adults talk about how great it was watching him, in the future people will look back on the LeBron Era and the Warriors/LeBron Era and say 'wow you saw them play? cool!'

If you aren't appreciating the greatness of the Ws and LeBron, you're missing out. Even if you root against them, you have to recognize what's happening.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true.

Love would be the best player on the Celtics.

Jr Smith, Thompson, Korver, Hill do not suck.....if you switched the shit the Wizards have for role players- say Mahimi, Morris, Gortat, Oubre, Lawson- whoever- they would be infinitely better off.

There is something to be said for veterans that have gone through the battles and know how to win. Thompson, Korver, Jr and Hill have all done that and all have value. They would be great role players on any team---- switch those 4 guys out with the role players on the Timberwolves and you actually have a team with balls that can get the job done.

Cavs do need a new #3......but other than that they are perfectly fine--- and they have the asset to hopefully get that type of player this offseason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for the NBA 'fans' who are living in the middle of one of the great eras in the history of the sport. Just like we look back on the Jordan era, and people who lived through it as adults talk about how great it was watching him, in the future people will look back on the LeBron Era and the Warriors/LeBron Era and say 'wow you saw them play? cool!'

If you aren't appreciating the greatness of the Ws and LeBron, you're missing out. Even if you root against them, you have to recognize what's happening.
If i remember correctly the board talked a lot about how a 3 pete had never happened before between 2 teams

if a 4-pete between two teams happens- its an event that will likely NEVER EVER happen again.

We are seeing history right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if u dont like LeBron, and dont like the Warriors you are probably getting REALLY sick of it by now though, lol

in NBA history no one ever had to see 3 straight matchups......now its likely we will see 4 straight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if u dont like LeBron, and dont like the Warriors you are probably getting REALLY sick of it by now though, lol

in NBA history no one ever had to see 3 straight matchups......now its likely we will see 4 straight.

I wouldn't mind it much if the Cavs were not such a pushover for the Dubs.

Draymond doesn't kick Lebron in the nuts and it is likely 4 straight wins in the finals over the Cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i remember correctly the board talked a lot about how a 3 pete had never happened before between 2 teams

if a 4-pete between two teams happens- its an event that will likely NEVER EVER happen again.

We are seeing history right now.

It took the perfect storm for the Warriors to be able to add Durant.

James on any of the playoff teams in the East more than likely would have been enough, so yes, once this run ends, it wont happen again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jr Smith, Thompson, Korver, Hill do not suck.....if you switched the shit the Wizards have for role players- say Mahimi, Morris, Gortat, Oubre, Lawson- whoever- they would be infinitely better off.

There is something to be said for veterans that have gone through the battles and know how to win. Thompson, Korver, Jr and Hill have all done that and all have value. They would be great role players on any team---- switch those 4 guys out with the role players on the Timberwolves and you actually have a team with balls that can get the job done.

Cavs do need a new #3......but other than that they are perfectly fine--- and they have the asset to hopefully get that type of player this offseason.

It certainly is not definitive that Love would be the best player on the Celtics.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love would have been the best player on the Celtics 3 years ago. Not now.

I am taking any of their young guards (Tatum, Brown, Rozier) over Love right now with they way they are playing. Horford and Love basically cancel each other out. Remove LeBron and they struggle to win 30 games. They have battle tested vets, but zero playmakers outside of LeBron.

And why do always bring up the Wizards? I know their depth sucks. They were the 8th seed for a reason. That said, 2-10 isn't all that far off. The difference between the Wizards and Cavs is LeBron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love is not the player he was in Minnesota (given that he's not the focal point of the offense anymore).

If we're talking at the present moment Celtics, then sure, but it's not by a wide margin. But if Kyrie was healthy, Love's not better than Kyrie. And in a year or two, we'll likely be saying the same thing about Tatum as well.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am taking any of their young guards (Tatum, Brown, Rozier) over Love right now with they way they are playing. Horford and Love basically cancel each other out. Remove LeBron and they struggle to win 30 games. They have battle tested vets, but zero playmakers outside of LeBron.

And why do always bring up the Wizards? I know their depth sucks. They were the 8th seed for a reason. That said, 2-10 isn't all that far off. The difference between the Wizards and Cavs is LeBron.

The difference between the Cavs and prob 10 teams in the East is LeBron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still don't grasp why people bring up the Wizards with you and try to get in your feels.

You've literally come out multiple times and said that the Wizards don't know what they're doing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is not the player he was in Minnesota (given that he's not the focal point of the offense anymore).

If we're talking at the present moment Celtics, then sure, but it's not by a wide margin. But if Kyrie was healthy, Love's not better than Kyrie. And in a year or two, we'll likely be saying the same thing about Tatum as well.

Good Love, yes, but how many times have there been games where you just scratch your head and wonder how he could have been such a non factor.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO CELTICS!!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Love, yes, but how many times have there been games where you just scratch your head and wonder how he could have been such a non factor.

I think it's because he's playing the role that Bosh did when Lebron was in Miami. He's not getting the consistent shots at times in order to get in a rhythm. But I never noticed the former being abysmal for long stretches like Love has.

Regardless, I'm not taking Love over any of Celtics young players going forward.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't grasp why people bring up the Wizards with you and try to get in your feels.

You've literally come out multiple times and said that the Wizards don't know what they're doing.

It is mostly Wiggy that does it. He does it to you guys too. He goes after Laker fans with Lonzo Ball criticism. That is what he does to try and change the argument. Will be real interesting to see if he sticks around after/if LeBron leaves.

But yeah. Tell me something I don't know.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's because he's playing the role that Bosh did when Lebron was in Miami. He's not getting the consistent shots at times in order to get in a rhythm. But I never noticed the former being abysmal for long stretches like Love has.

Regardless, I'm not taking Love over any of Celtics young players going forward.

There’s a 0% chance the Celtics would trade any of those players for Love.
I was talking this series.
If you put Tatum on the Cavs next to LeBron and Love on the Celts next to Horford, Ill bet on Tatum.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mostly Wiggy that does it. He does it to you guys too. He goes after Laker fans with Lonzo Ball criticism. That is what he does to try and change the argument. Will be real interesting to see if he sticks around after/if LeBron leaves.

But yeah. Tell me something I don't know.

Take him with a grain of salt.
He TRIES to work people of in a varience of ways, like the Riley stuff.
Won’t work.
We all know Rileys resume.

Whats @WiggyRuss resume that we know?
1. Been banned from multiple sports thread sites for being a dick.

2. Goes into hiding when things don’t go his way.

#douche

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is playing the offensive role Bosh did, but not as well and he doesn't play quality defense.

I have no doubt Love could still post 24-10 on a bad team, but I also think people around the league are smart enough to realize those numbers aren't as impactful as they were thought to be even 5 years ago.

Give me an athletic, versatile 2 way wing any day over a slowfooted 20-10 guy who can't defend. Love has value to be sure, but not nearly as much as he once did. It is less about his skills and more about how the Warriors and Rockets have changed perceptions on how players are valued.