• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking NINJA'd by the tHoop bookie.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a trap. Don’t do it!!

giphy.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are going to win another title? I have 3k that says @WiggyRuss is full of shit.

He'll never bet that on the Cavs to win it all.
Not even with Monopoly money.

#fact

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, that fool ain't betting at all unless the odds are nearly 100% in his favor...

takes balls, right...?

He did bet me on the Raptors series even though Cavs were underdogs, but if the word Warriors is involved his balls shrivel up like he was thrown into Lake Erie in mid January.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i think thats exactly what i said in my above post you quoted.

though i think Oladipo and Stephenson are better LeBron defenders than anyone on the Celtics- atl east right now

Tatum and Brown one day might bebetter- but they are still just 20 year old kids-- the Celtics have beeter offensive options and execute marvelously.
Here's a good article on how the C's have defended James this season, along with some analytics:

How will the Celtics defend LeBron James?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did bet me on the Raptors series even though Cavs were underdogs, but if the word Warriors is involved his balls shrivel up like he was thrown into Lake Erie in mid January.
lol.....kiss my ass.....it does not surprise me at your age you have such a short memory (maybe you should get that checked out?) but i won a bet against Tlance on that very thing--- the Cavs beating hte Warriors....so...you can blow me. lol.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....kiss my ass.....it does not surprise me at your age you have such a short memory (maybe you should get that checked out?) but i won a bet against Tlance on that very thing--- the Cavs beating hte Warriors....so...you can blow me. lol.

Not surprised you want a dude to blow you. Are you up for an avi bet with me if the likely Warriors-Cavs IV happens?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was talking about betting on this season.
I recall past seasons where you had more conditions to accept the bet then a parole officer gives to released cons.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised you want a dude to blow you. Are you up for an avi bet with me if the likely Warriors-Cavs IV happens?

I offered him Cavs+1 win and he wouldn’t bet monopoly money.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good article on how the C's have defended James this season, along with some analytics:

How will the Celtics defend LeBron James?
interesting read--- i thought this passage was the most succinct and on point:

I don’t see any secret moves here. I think Brad will go with the regular season strategy and rely heavily on Brown and Morris. He’ll go to Ojeleye off the bench when foul trouble (inevitably) arises.

The obvious drawback to playing Ojeleye rotation minutes is the impact he has on the offense. Cleveland averaged 118 ppg in the series vs Toronto. Boston can’t win scoring in the 90s.

Morris and Brown for the most part--- and maybe a little Ojeleye- but if its Ojeleye that means hes playing offense and the Celts prob cant take him playing much offensively.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting read--- i thought this passage was the most succinct and on point:

I don’t see any secret moves here. I think Brad will go with the regular season strategy and rely heavily on Brown and Morris. He’ll go to Ojeleye off the bench when foul trouble (inevitably) arises.

The obvious drawback to playing Ojeleye rotation minutes is the impact he has on the offense. Cleveland averaged 118 ppg in the series vs Toronto. Boston can’t win scoring in the 90s.

Morris and Brown for the most part--- and maybe a little Ojeleye- but if its Ojeleye that means hes playing offense and the Celts prob cant take him playing much offensively.

There is no answer, but Im sure he’s thought out different strategies depending who is on the court with LeBron.
I think situation might also dictate strategy.
Example, if Im Boston and have a double digit lead, Im guarding the perimeter and not letting the Cavs have multiple posessions hitting 3’s.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best to hope for with Ojeleye is that he can stand in one corner and hit about 1 in 3 of his 3 pt attempts... if he can do that, the C's can still have a workable team offense with him on the floor.

We'll see, of course... I personally think Semi is gonna get a little more tread this series... because I agree with you that Baynes doesn't fit quite as well defending against the Cav's.

Baynes will likely be on the floor if and when Tristen Thompson is on the floor... after that, the C's may need to get creative at times.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat reminscent of Ruben "the Kobe Stopper" Patterson... :D...

... however, Morris isn't so totally over-the-top. He also said it takes an entire team defense to hope to slow down LeBron in particular and the Cav's in general.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best to hope for with Ojeleye is that he can stand in one corner and hit about 1 in 3 of his 3 pt attempts... if he can do that, the C's can still have a workable team offense with him on the floor.

We'll see, of course... I personally think Semi is gonna get a little more tread this series... because I agree with you that Baynes doesn't fit quite as well defending against the Cav's.

Baynes will likely be on the floor if and when Tristen Thompson is on the floor... after that, the C's may need to get creative at times.
I agree...we talked about earlier how we both thought Ojeleye could see some time at the 5--- i could see him chasing around Love actually and that might actually be a pretty decent option on Love.