• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eastern Conference Series Thread (Miami Heat)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it is or not, no one really knows for sure until they actually try to do that 100 % of the time which is what they fail to do most of the time.. Sometimes they just don’t try. They are most certainly capable of it -- Therefore, it is possible.

Fact or not, this is the past and it means nothing to what the Heat are currently capable of doing.

You seem to like “facts” so I would suggest sticking to them when you say something otherwise you lose the little bit of credibility you have... I have never said them not sweep would be a “colossal failure” But, I will say it would be a major disappointment considering what they are capable of.

Paolo you are batshit stupid that's all that needs to be said there's your facts.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how Flauge is not sure of himself. He flat out called the Heat in 5 and said the Heat would win 4 straight against Chicago and stuck by it after you called him out. I found it doubtful as well, but possible since the Heat have been presented with that scenario a few times in the Big 3 era.

Saying the Heat will win in 6 games if we play the Pacers isn't far fetched. I just can't see the Pacers being a team that can get swept, same with the Knicks.

Im calling 5 in the ECF right now. I think we beat the Pacers or Knicks in 5. But it's not like i would be shocked if it went 6. But 5 seems to be right given how much more talented we are than the Pacers. We took out Indiana in 6 last year. Indiana hasnt improved from last year, in fact I think given their injuries, a good argument could be made they are not as strong a team right now as 2012 playoffs. we hopefully will have Bosh healthy for more than the first half of game 1. Miami is definitely a better team this year than last year... Ray Ray and Birdman Birdman.

Heat in 5.. my prediction.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo you are batshit stupid that's all that needs to be said there's your facts.

the ignore button is lovely.

dude isnt worth your posts. he is here to annoy, gets some sick weird attention thing out of it. im not spending another minute of my life on it. suggest everyone on here do the same.. let him talk to himself. im not spending the Glory years of the Heat arguing with idiots. We may never have a run like this in our lifetime. i want to enjoy it with people who love basketball, but can actually disagree with one another and keep it sane and still about basketball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did it as well flauge....couldn't deal anymore

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Heat make NBA Finals, their home dates would be: Thu. June 6, Sun. June 9, Tue. June 18 and Thu. June 20. Road: June 11, 13, 16.

The rest of his tweets are regarding the NBA Draft Combine - Not sure that matters given the fact the Heat won’t put too much stock into the draft unless they have a high pick.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis is not as scary as San Antonio. San Antonio's discipline, honed by veterans and young players playing and practising together longer can be tough to overcome. I might be biased but Memphis does not have any superstar player who can draw fouls. At the end of tight games, Lebron or Wade (if Wade is up for it) can create shots off the dribble and draw fouls from the Memphis bigs, the same way they did the Bulls. Just because Memphis is more physical doesn't mean they are better. You saw how the Lakers get by Memphis by way of getting them to foul their (Lakers) superstars. With the Spurs, you have Tony and Manu who can get to the foul line.

San Antonio is actually more difficult. They are a disciplined team under a superb coach. It seems that San Antonio does not get desperate or complacent even if they are on the losing side. The last time they were "complacent" was last year when they lost to OKC. They are in fact the more dangerous team because everyone including myself take them for granted and see them as an elite veteran team that "can be beaten" with athleticism and younger legs.

The Spurs would be a more exciting matchup for Lebron since it was the Spurs who beat Lebron's Cavs in the Finals. Plenty of incentive for the Heat not to be too complacent. With Memphis it will just be another Bulls series all over again. The Heat has a better chance against Memphis than do the Spurs, but I know not many people see that. A team who has great playmaking individuals in Tony and Manu as well as veteran savvy in Duncan can beat the Heat. Especially because the Spurs also thrives in teamwork. The Spurs roster have played and practiced together just as long if not longer than the Heat.

For example, if the Heat is 3-1 in a Memphis series, most likely the Heat will win but a Spurs team down 3-1 is still dangerous given their discipline and great coaching. They won't get as rattled Finals newcomers like Memphis.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis doesn't have enough offense IMO to beat Miami.

The Spurs are the only team left (assuming the Pacers beat the Knicks) who have enough offense to beat the Heat in a series. Memphis and Indy would struggle to reach 90 against Miami per game in a series

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ignore button is lovely.

dude isnt worth your posts. he is here to annoy, gets some sick weird attention thing out of it. im not spending another minute of my life on it. suggest everyone on here do the same.. let him talk to himself. im not spending the Glory years of the Heat arguing with idiots. We may never have a run like this in our lifetime. i want to enjoy it with people who love basketball, but can actually disagree with one another and keep it sane and still about basketball.

I did it as well. You're right, whether we only get 2 more years of Lebron, or he decides to spend the rest of his career in Miami, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it. He now lives in sportshoopla purgatory.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this sucks. I was just reading on ESPN that since the Knicks won game 5, the ECF won't start until Wed.

If the Pacers win tmr they should start it Monday. Why are you giving the Pacers 3 days off? They don't deserve much rest since they were not able to make it a short series with the Knicks

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya they mentioned it after game 5 that the ECF would start on Wednesday. I'm kind of shocked/disappointed that the league would do that. The WCF I believe is ready to start Sunday which is a 3-day head start. It also gives the WCF opponent a bit of an advantage in the event the winner makes their series a short one.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also gives the WCF opponent a bit of an advantage in the event the winner makes their series a short one.

All it means is, the Heat have to make their series a short one as well. They have what it takes.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya they mentioned it after game 5 that the ECF would start on Wednesday. I'm kind of shocked/disappointed that the league would do that. The WCF I believe is ready to start Sunday which is a 3-day head start. It also gives the WCF opponent a bit of an advantage in the event the winner makes their series a short one.

I dont think the WCF will be a short one.. Im thinking Spurs in 6 or 7. I think the ECF will be relatively short. Miami in 5 there.

Man, I cant wait for the finals. Back to Back championships. Something South Florida hasnt seen since 1972/73. 40 freaking years.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the WCF will be a short one.. Im thinking Spurs in 6 or 7. I think the ECF will be relatively short. Miami in 5 there.

Man, I cant wait for the finals. Back to Back championships. Something South Florida hasnt seen since 1972/73. 40 freaking years.

Only way it is a 5 game series is if Miami sweep the first 2 at home. If we come out as rusty as we did in game 1 of the Chicago series, we are in for a long 6 or 7 game series

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way it is a 5 game series is if Miami sweep the first 2 at home. If we come out as rusty as we did in game 1 of the Chicago series, we are in for a long 6 or 7 game series

i dont really think it matters if we win the first one or not (and i believe we will). pacers more than likely will be our opponent. i expect them to get things done tonight in the new market square arena aka the fieldhouse.

just looking back to last years 6 game series.. i think the pacers are not as good a team as they were in last years playoff as they are right now.. I also think we are far better than we were when we played them (bosh not hurt/birdman/ray). I say shave a game off last year and i get 5.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont really think it matters if we win the first one or not (and i believe we will). pacers more than likely will be our opponent. i expect them to get things done tonight in the new market square arena aka the fieldhouse.

just looking back to last years 6 game series.. i think the pacers are not as good a team as they were in last years playoff as they are right now.. I also think we are far better than we were when we played them (bosh not hurt/birdman/ray). I say shave a game off last year and i get 5.

I agree with you but in order for this to happen we need to hold serve in the first 2 home games....Its hard to see us winning both games in Indy

I think we win the 2 in Miami, lose game 3, and win games 4 & 5 to close them out

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An article by Ira Winderman titled “ Heat believe they can reach another playoff level”

Chris Bosh, Erik Spoelstra, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James see Miami Heat reaching another playoff level. - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

I have to just continue to laugh at the stupidity that goes on around on this board when someone has the nerve to tell me my expectations for this team are unrealistic and the countless attempts at giving this team a pass for not playing up to the level they know they are capable of playing.

This article is further proof of them knowing they are capable of so much more - And how even with all the success they have had thus far, there is still so much more they can do. But, as always with the Heat - This is all just talk for now... They know what they are capable of, now they have to go out and show it and get it done... A sweep in the next round or two is not unrealistic at all.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you but in order for this to happen we need to hold serve in the first 2 home games....Its hard to see us winning both games in Indy

I think we win the 2 in Miami, lose game 3, and win games 4 & 5 to close them out

We can bank on that knowing the Pacers are a poor road team.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat- Pacers it is. Nothing greater than seeing the Knicks out of the post-season. Heatmyshorts, Again - I have to give you props for a GREAT avatar... no other comes close to an image like that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers can't beat us.

They're not a good ft shooting team and if they turn the ball over as they did in this series it's going to be a short series

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTs and turnovers could really kill the Pacers against us. But at the same time, we have to take care of the ball as well and make our FTs which is some times a problem as well as getting to the line.

The Pacers, and a lot of their players have really matured in the past year - Nice gestures by them after the game which isn’t seen very much during the playoffs. I hope they keep that up.

Props to Lance Stevenson - He had himself a heck of a game. He was just relentless.