• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was not fixed. If a game is fixed you would not want the game to be tied with 3 minutes left especially when the best player in the world plays on that team. The refs called cheap fouls on Lebron and that's all it was. I don't get why people watch basketball if they think it is fixed. I stopped watching wrestling once I found out it wasn't real. If this game was fixed, they.would've fouled out LeBron when indy went up 11 in the 4th.

And people need to learn how to move on. I was over game 5 soon as I woke up yesterday. It's in the past and there's nothing you can do or say that can change that result.

These "the games are fixed" conspiracy theorists crack me up. The amount of planning, secrecy, etc. that would be required in order to pull it off simply defies all logic. But then again, logic has never been a requirement for any conspiracy theory.

In a league that can't keep anything a secret, they're going to keep something of the magnitude of fixing games a secret? The NBA is a worldwide, multi-billion dollar industry. It would be amazingly stupid to put that at risk over a few games and a couple of points worth of t.v. ratings.

Also, considering that David Stern once said that from a ratings and revenue perspective, his dream matchup for the finals would be "the Lakers vs. the Lakers." Yet, he vetoed the CP3 trade and the league failed to ensure the Lakers landed a top 3 pick in the lottery like many thought they would.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 5 was not badly officiated.

It was just another reason why Lebron is the greatest player in the league, and KD is a very distant second place....regardless of some Steve Nash voter award....

The fouls were fairly even. The whistles were balanced.

It is just simply that Lebron is worth so much more to his team.
If he gets in foul trouble, it has the same affect as if 4 or 5 regular Miami players were gone.

He is that important. His loss makes it seem like unbalance when it wasn't.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably so. They don't want the Heat to have that much more rest than the Western Conference champ. But there has been no doubt they want the Heat and not the Pacers. Simply a matter of revenue. Not that the Pacers have shown any signs of upsetting the casting of the finals.

I may watch next year if the Pacers hire Mark Jackson to coach the team. Then again, I may not. :noidea:

And Heat fans are bandwagoners?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These "the games are fixed" conspiracy theorists crack me up. The amount of planning, secrecy, etc. that would be required in order to pull it off simply defies all logic. But then again, logic has never been a requirement for any conspiracy theory.

In a league that can't keep anything a secret, they're going to keep something of the magnitude of fixing games a secret? The NBA is a worldwide, multi-billion dollar industry. It would be amazingly stupid to put that at risk over a few games and a couple of points worth of t.v. ratings.

Also, considering that David Stern once said that from a ratings and revenue perspective, his dream matchup for the finals would be "the Lakers vs. the Lakers." Yet, he vetoed the CP3 trade and the league failed to ensure the Lakers landed a top 3 pick in the lottery like many thought they would.

I don't think the games r fixed but I do believe that the refs favor teams down in the series. the thunder shooting 20 fts to 0 in the 3rd quarter of game 3 against the spurs was hilarious

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which number will be higher?

Number of fouls called on LeBron OR Number of flops by Lance

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat will advance tonight. LBJ goes for 40 and shuts Lance up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this one is easy. Refs have to make up for the calls last game and...well Lance flops more than he plays.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron will have zero fouls called on him until the game is completely out of reach.

Lebron can do 360 degree flying Mortal Kombat style kick moves....and not get called tonight.

Lebron will be able to pull out a chainsaw and saw off David West's arms tonight. The refs will swallow the whistle and merely have a towel boy wipe it up.

That is just the NBA.
We all know exactly how it will go down. The NBA seems to be sensitive to criticism and over-reacts 180 degrees. It is one of the bigger frustrations and failings of such a powerful organization.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Paul George was just hit with a paternity suit. Wonder if itll be a distraction. If not to him, maybe to Hibbert lol

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not even sure Blue is saying that the outcomes are predetermined. I am simply saying that games get fixed for a number of reasons and Wednesdays was fixed.

It is not that hard to fix a game, I mean it was blatantly obvious that Game 5 was fixed and we have all of you guys sitting around saying that games don't get fixed.

That level of blindness means they never have to worry about being better at fixing games, and usually they are better at it.

The only reason Donaghy was caught was because he was stupid with his bets and he had a gambling problem. If he was smarter about that he would probably still be in the league.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did lebrons double figure streak end last game or is that a regular season only stat?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even sure Blue is saying that the outcomes are predetermined. I am simply saying that games get fixed for a number of reasons and Wednesdays was fixed.

It is not that hard to fix a game, I mean it was blatantly obvious that Game 5 was fixed and we have all of you guys sitting around saying that games don't get fixed.

That level of blindness means they never have to worry about being better at fixing games, and usually they are better at it.

The only reason Donaghy was caught was because he was stupid with his bets and he had a gambling problem. If he was smarter about that he would probably still be in the league.

Aren't predetermined and fixed the same thing? I think influence is the better word. No doubt that the referees in the NBA can influence the direction of a game more so than in other sports. The players still have to make baskets though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The blowing on the noodles is great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will have zero fouls called on him until the game is completely out of reach.

Lebron can do 360 degree flying Mortal Kombat style kick moves....and not get called tonight.

Lebron will be able to pull out a chainsaw and saw off David West's arms tonight. The refs will swallow the whistle and merely have a towel boy wipe it up.

That is just the NBA.
We all know exactly how it will go down. The NBA seems to be sensitive to criticism and over-reacts 180 degrees. It is one of the bigger frustrations and failings of such a powerful organization.

I guess we won't see the two flopping kings face eachother in the finals.... :noidea:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol no the blowing on the nintendo game was the best.... I used to do that all the time... Probably didn't help much.. Just a habit lol

That's a good one too. I can remember blowing on Atari and Intellivision games too! Intellivision was the best back in the day.