• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this.

Paul George was phenomenal in the 2nd half and especially the 4th quarter. Well done, PG. That was an all-time great 4th qtr scoring performance.

That the Heat nearly overcame that and, ahem, everything else, is astounding.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting not to like Lance.

Refs bad overall for both teams. Its funny LBJ gets in foul trouble and the world is ending. LBJ usually gets all the call and in this case he didn't. It happens.

I agree the Refs have been bad but to be honest most of this shit is fixed. NBA didn't want Miami to finish it. More TV ratings. Just like NBA didn't want Pacers to win game 2. It happens.

Miami will win at Home and all Miami fans will celebrate and I bet you Miami will shoot 8-10 more free throws and Have 8-10 less fouls. Just the way it is.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this.

Paul George was phenomenal in the 2nd half and especially the 4th quarter. Well done, PG. That was an all-time great 4th qtr scoring performance.

That the Heat nearly overcame that and, ahem, everything else, is astounding.

George has 1 good game a series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting not to like Lance.

Refs bad overall for both teams. Its funny LBJ gets in foul trouble and the world is ending. LBJ usually gets all the call and in this case he didn't. It happens.

I agree the Refs have been bad but to be honest most of this shit is fixed. NBA didn't want Miami to finish it. More TV ratings. Just like NBA didn't want Pacers to win game 2. It happens.

Miami will win at Home and all Miami fans will celebrate and I bet you Miami will shoot 8-10 more free throws and Have 8-10 less fouls. Just the way it is.

Nobody is.complaining about the ft differential. It's the 3 bogus fouls that was called by the same ref is the issue. I can't remember the last star player who isn't a center who was called for 5 fouls in 13 minutes. In the 2 games indy won, miami supposedly committed 19 more fouls while in 2 of the 3 games that miami won, indy committed one more foul than Miami.

Miami has committed 108 fouls in this series compared to just 96 for Indy. In other words everyone should shut up about Miami getting calls. Indy are clearly getting the benefit of the calls.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw looking at the number of fts to determine if your team was screwed or not is almost as dumb as judging players only on ppg. You can shoot 15 more fts than one team but may only be called for one less foul. All it means is one team committed a lot of shooting fouls while the other did not. You need to look at total number of fouls and to see if there is a huge differential and for me anytime the difference is 6 fouls or more is a pretty large difference.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or games being rigged...

I am not sure how you can say this when clearly the game was "rigged" last night. It happens, games get fixed, it is not usually so obvious.

I do not think the playoffs are planned out etc but games get fixed for a multitude of reasons.

The Heat didn't deserve to be shooting FT's.
They chose to settle for mostly outside shots.

LBJ is most of their drive and kick game, and the 24 minutes he did play every thing he did was a foul so is he supposed to settle and stay in the game or drive and get his 6th?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James played no differently (as far as style) last night then he does any other night, yet he was called for 5 fouls in a matter of minutes.

Did the refs cost the Heat the game? No way. They still had opportunity to win it.
Did they influence the outcome of the game? Without a doubt, yes.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is.complaining about the ft differential. It's the 3 bogus fouls that was called by the same ref is the issue. I can't remember the last star player who isn't a center who was called for 5 fouls in 13 minutes. In the 2 games indy won, miami supposedly committed 19 more fouls while in 2 of the 3 games that miami won, indy committed one more foul than Miami.

Miami has committed 108 fouls in this series compared to just 96 for Indy. In other words everyone should shut up about Miami getting calls. Indy are clearly getting the benefit of the calls.

I here you but LBJ gets a lot of those calls also. That number isnt that big. Both teams are getting calls. Like I said it wouldn't shock me if some kind of fix is in. They don't want this to end just yet.(ending on a wed night) They want to at least get this game to Friday and wouldn't shock me if they want to see a game 7.

Miami will win this series but it will end when the NBA wants it to end. Finals a different story. all in on the Finals. Let the best team win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James played no differently (as far as style) last night then he does any other night, yet he was called for 5 fouls in a matter of minutes.

Did the refs cost the Heat the game? No way. They still had opportunity to win it.

I think he should be called for more fouls because of how aggressive he plays and he likes to lower his shoulder when he drives. Im not saying he should get 5 fouls per game but he should be at that 3-4 range. He is a very aggressive player. Nothing wrong with that.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is.complaining about the ft differential. It's the 3 bogus fouls that was called by the same ref is the issue.

The only foul not called by Ed Malloy was the reach in on Hibbert.

GIF by GIF breakdown of LeBron James' Game 5 fouls - CBSSports.com

They explain every foul and basically say "The final count? One good call, one straight-up bad call, two bang-bang plays, and one stretch of physics."

My issue with these calls is that they didn't go both ways. Battier was later called for a block when he clearly had much more position than George did on James' charge.

The 3 angles they show of #3 only 1 even kind of looks like a charge and the guy calling the foul had the angle that showed there is no way that George had position. The same should be said of the #5, if LBJ is getting called for the foul that he did then Lance should have been called much earlier in the play.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should be called for more fouls because of how aggressive he plays and he likes to lower his shoulder when he drives. Im not saying he should get 5 fouls per game but he should be at that 3-4 range. He is a very aggressive player. Nothing wrong with that.

Everything that LBJ does is league wide accepted. If they want to start enforcing offensive fouls that are in the rule book league wide then yea, LBJ (and the rest of the league) would all see an increase in fouls called.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your second statement basically proves your 1st should be a yes.

I disagree that they didn't cost MIA the game. Not only Ed hand LBJ 4 BS fouls in 13 minutes of play but he also called the block on Battier when Battier was tackled by Lance. That was the nail in the coffin.

That is the very definition of fixing a game and when Ed made the call on Battier it is pretty clear that he would not let MIA win.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs weren't that bad in this game. Lebron's fouls were definitely questionable. The guy got 5 fouls in only 13 minutes of game time. Probably a blessing in disguise - he should be plenty rested for game 6. I can honestly say that I hate Stephenson more than I dislike KG, Rondo, and Pierce. At least the latter 3 act like professionals to some degree. Stephenson is just trying to be another Rodman, as trojan pointed out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how you can say this when clearly the game was "rigged" last night. It happens, games get fixed, it is not usually so obvious.

I do not think the playoffs are planned out etc but games get fixed for a multitude of reasons.

LBJ is most of their drive and kick game, and the 24 minutes he did play every thing he did was a foul so is he supposed to settle and stay in the game or drive and get his 6th?

I don't believe any NBA games have been fixed or somehow predetermined, but I do think refs made a concerted effort to call fouls on Lebron last night...on the 5th foul...it was a foul imo, but it could've easily have been called on Stephensen.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your second statement basically proves your 1st should be a yes.

I disagree that they didn't cost MIA the game. Not only Ed hand LBJ 4 BS fouls in 13 minutes of play but he also called the block on Battier when Battier was tackled by Lance. That was the nail in the coffin.

That is the very definition of fixing a game and when Ed made the call on Battier it is pretty clear that he would not let MIA win.

I get all of that, but the Heat still cost themselves the game.

How about the bonehead play at the end of the 3rd qtr?
How about the overall stupid play the entire 3 rd qtr?
If Bosh hits the last shot, Heat still win..

And George stepped up big time the entire 4 th qtr and was the best player on the court.

And the end, that was the difference.