• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Miami played, especially in that second half, that's scary.

When they are playing to that level, nobody is going to beat them.

Not even the Spurs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even the Spurs.

Very strange game.
Typical uneven performance by the Heat.

I agree with the premise of your comment, however if the Heat ever lay a 1st qtr egg like they did last night against the Spurs, they would probably be down so far that the 2nd half might not even make that much of a difference.

Whens the last time the Spurs went into a long non scoring drought?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Cole and Lewis both had huge moments in that game.

I don't think i've ever seen a guy with such an empty stat line play so good. He didn't really do anything, but the heat were significantly better with him on the court than they were with bosh.

Bosh is becoming a problem. He is worth 8-10 mil a year. not a max deal. If he doesn't realize this and take a cut (easier said than done I know) then this team won't be able to compete in the future.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very strange game.
Typical uneven performance by the Heat.

I agree with the premise of your comment, however if the Heat ever lay a 1st qtr egg like they did last night against the Spurs, they would probably be down so far that the 2nd half might not even make that much of a difference.

Whens the last time the Spurs went into a long non scoring drought?

Yeah, I was thinking, during that first quarter "gee, Miami, thanks for showing up".

But, when they did show up....

DAMN!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers are so weak. How do u blow 2 big leads in back to back games. At one time last night pacers had 7 turnovers in a row. only 2 were forced. Other 5 were bone headed plays. Pacers are not a top team.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you do realize that there is gibson/boozer and they would've never traded deng if rose never got hurt.

They have inside D and rebounding which slows them up a bit but cut the head off (Rose) on O and they can't score. MIA figured out CHI and IND expanded on that blue print.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even the Spurs.

They didn't play that well. Pacers just are that weak. Spurs were the better team last year and the Spurs are the better team this year.

Spurs in 6

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't play that well. Pacers just are that weak. Spurs were the better team last year and the Spurs are the better team this year.

Spurs in 6

Better team this year TBD.

Not sure how you can say the Spurs were better last year, when they raised a championship banner in Miami opening night.

Could the Spurs have won the series?
Of course.
However, part of winning in making FTs, rebounding, having a coach make right decisions as to have on the court........and never leaving Ray Allen open enough to stick a dagger in you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers are so weak. How do u blow 2 big leads in back to back games. At one time last night pacers had 7 turnovers in a row. only 2 were forced. Other 5 were bone headed plays. Pacers are not a top team.

The formula is pretty simple. As I have been saying for going on three years now, the Pacers don't have a point guard. When the Heat start trapping, the Pacers turn the ball over. Then the Heat close out the game.

We don't have any draft picks either. Just another cycle in the "almost good enough, but not quite" treadmill we have been on for lo these many years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The formula is pretty simple. As I have been saying for going on three years now, the Pacers don't have a point guard. When the Heat start trapping, the Pacers turn the ball over. Then the Heat close out the game.

We don't have any draft picks either. Just another cycle in the "almost good enough, but not quite" treadmill we have been on for lo these many years.

Agree, but how was this ever/supposed to be addressed if you are dead set on not paying luxury tax?

Where are you going to find the $ to sign Stephenson, let alone upgrade the PG position?

Honestly, if I were the Pacers, I'd try to move Hibbert.
You don't need a big man to currently win the East, and if you fail to knock off the Heat 3 straight years as currently constructed, you need to reconstruct.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even the Spurs.

Spurs have the best chance though... Just like last year ... Miami has the closers where the Spurs have the overall team game ... I think a rematch in the finals will be epically good...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, They need a PG who can drive and kick. Its going to hurt Pacers next year when they lose their best player in Lance. George is a fake superstar. This guy is avg what 10pts in this series.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have the best chance though... Just like last year ... Miami has the closers where the Spurs have the overall team game ... I think a rematch in the finals will be epically good...

Spurs played better last year and should of won but Miami got lucky and a little help from the Refs. This year the NBA would want TD to go out on Top.

Spurs win in 6.

OKC is another fake good team. There is no reason for that team to be better. It might be the coach.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs played better last year and should of won but Miami got lucky and a little help from the Refs. This year the NBA would want TD to go out on Top.

Spurs win in 6.

OKC is another fake good team. There is no reason for that team to be better. It might be the coach.

Oh..now I see.
It's all fixed!

What a well drawn up and executed script for the Heat to miss a 3, have Bosh in position to grab the rebound, and then get the ball to Allen to hit a 3 at the buzzer.
Wonder how many times they had to rehearse that?

Do you watch wrestling? I don't, because the results of matches are all predetermined, meaning it isn't a sporting event, it is a SHOW.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spurs win in 6.

How do you get help from the refs down 6 with 30 seconds to in game 6?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but how was this ever/supposed to be addressed if you are dead set on not paying luxury tax?

Where are you going to find the $ to sign Stephenson, let alone upgrade the PG position?

Honestly, if I were the Pacers, I'd try to move Hibbert.
You don't need a big man to currently win the East, and if you fail to knock off the Heat 3 straight years as currently constructed, you need to reconstruct.

Trade hibbert to OKC for reggie jackson, Adams and Perkins (for contracts to match). That would be a pacers team i'd be scared of. Jackson has a lot of Eric Bledsoe in him in my opinion

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh. Just looked at the pacers payroll for the next few years. Ownership has some big decisions to make. 64 million tied up in 10 guys for next year. That doesn't include Turner or Stephenson who probably wants at least 8-10 mil a year, probably closer to 12 (george hill is getting 8).

If they don't pay want to pay the luxury tax this might be Indy's best chance to get to the finals. Losing Stephenson would hurt a lot IMO. He is the fire behind everything.

anyone have a roundabout number for the cap and luxury tax threshold next year?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Miami's side of things.... there is SO much that can happen. Not even worth speculating. But if the big three wants to stay together AND compete for titles bosh and wade need to take their early termination options.

Bosh needs to be making about 10-12 and wade needs to have a frontloaded contract starting at 16 and decreasing in salary each year he signs for. Somehting like 16, 14, 12 and then and a player option for another year at 12.

That right there opens up 10 or so million to sign some good role players.

Seriously doubt that happens though, as you'd be asking bosh to pass up 10 million to accept his ACTUAL value. Then again, I'd also be happy telling Bosh to GTFO and making a run at Love as his replacement, he is a way better fit...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get help from the refs down 6 with 30 seconds to in game 6?

I normally agree with BK.. but not here. BK if you don't know.. first off youre wrong it was 5 points and 28.2 seconds left. Lebron misses a 3... then the ref on the baseline set a pick on Leonard.. allowing Wade the half second he needed to tip the ball out to mike miller. the other ref then yelled at miller, "hey LeBron is open".. listen to the audio you can hear it. Miller passes to LeBron.. bang 3 pointer, with a pick from a ref and directions from the ref.

then with the heat down 2.. of course the refs call a foul. Sending Leonard to the line. When leonard was at the line the refs gave him a greased up ball. it slipped out of his hand.. he misses one. refs fault. he down 3. during the ensuing timeout, the refs tell popovich to bench Duncan.. if he is on the court, they will call a T. it's clear on the audio. LeBron shoots a brick... then the SAME baseline ref sets a pick..this time on parker. bosh gets the board because Duncan cant play due to referee threats..and he hits ray allen who is now wide open due to the pick... ray shoots a horrible shot.. the refs quickly adjust the basket down 6 inches.. it goes in.

what are you stupid BK? you missed all that?