• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTs are not the end all be all of a fairly reffed game. There are a lot of ways refs can alter a game that the public nor stat sheets would be able to tell unless we knew what we were looking for.

I can break it down further to look for ref bias...

Game 4 Turnovers: Miami 15 Pacers 15

Game 5 Turnovers: Miami 13 Pacers 9 ... pacers lose by 32

Game 6 Turnovers: Miami 9 Pacers 20

Game 4 fouls: Miami 24 Pacers 28

Game 5 fouls: Miami 20 Pacers 21

Game 6 fouls: Miami 20 Pacers 22

All those fouls would also include late game fouls where the team down (Pacers) is intentional fouling to prolong the game. Nothing in any of these stats shows an insane bias one way. The only thing that could be said here is game 6 the Pacers had a ton of turnovers.. why? Were they throwing the ball away or losing a lot of the 50/50 charge/block calls. I'm not sure. My memory of one game from 2+ years ago is failing me. But that is THE BEST you could claim here. Miami does pressure people into a lot of turnovers, and it is also a game the Pacers lost by double digits.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to have some basketball to watch today. Don't like these two day breaks!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either. Hate them with a passion. Thankfully both series are back to being on every other day for the rest of the series

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George was 4-16 before.....he and west was a non factor all game long. Stop finding bs excuses. If he was 11-16 for 33 points before the kick and went.scoreless after you may have a point but get over it. Paul George was garbage just like david west from the opening tip.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get em Pacers..

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron goes almost full Kobe coming just short of saying his teammates suck. I am glad he is honest but kind of cringing.

I am overreacting, he actually said:

"We're talented, but we're not that talented"

"We have a really, really good team. We have some very talented guys. We're not the most talented team, I don't think, in the NBA."

"There's a lot of other talented teams. We have some very, very high-IQ basketball players. And I think IQ is more important than talent,"

LeBron James claims Miami Heat lack talented players

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that Miami is not the most talented team. He isn't stating anything that actual NBA fans didn't know.....Just as those Jordan Bulls teams were never the most talented teams either

If he ever wants to be on the most talented all around team, he would have to take the MLE instead of nearly the max. When you're on a team where 2 or 3 players are getting huge contracts, you're not going to be the most talented because it means the rest of the roster will be young guys or avg/below avg role players

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think he is saying anything that isn't well known but to say it? It really depends on the question asked I guess.

I might disagree with you on those Jordan Bulls teams...they never went to 7 in the finals, how does that happen if your team is not the most talented?

I just looked back they had 2 game 7s in their 6 Championship seasons.

They had the best league wide record or tied all but 90-91 (2nd) and 92-93 (3rd).

So that BS about those Bulls not being the most talented is a bunch of bull.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Jordan, pippen, and I guess rodman who else on that team was not a role player?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I read those comments I think Shane Battier. Shane isn't the most talented player..never was, and now at the age he is, he lost a step. But the dude is one of the smartest basketball players out there. Against the Nets he approached Lebron before the final play and told him the sports analytics showed Joe Johnson should be forced to his left. Battier was right, Lebron forced him left... joe Johnson loses the dribble, no shot gets off.. series over.

having talent is great. Mike Beasley may be one of the most talented players in the league. But his basketball IQ is probably near the bottom. I'd much rather have Shane Battier's career than Be Easy's. Do I like that Lebron said this? No. Sometimes shit like this should be kept to yourself... but is he wrong? No. Is Chalmers the most talent PG in the league? Is Andersen/Haslem the most talented C's in the league? Ray Allen the most talented 2 guard anymore? No on all of that. But all of them are high IQ players.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think he is saying anything that isn't well known but to say it? It really depends on the question asked I guess.

I might disagree with you on those Jordan Bulls teams...they never went to 7 in the finals, how does that happen if your team is not the most talented?

They had the best league wide record or tied all but 90-91 (2nd) and 92-93 (3rd).

They also got knocked out a few times in the ECF. So there's that.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually have to applaud Pippen. He more or less admitted that the Pacers had been screwed on their home court when he said he wasn't sure the right team had won, but they were going to the finals. Always admired him for that.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also argue that the Spurs team the Miami took to 7 games was superior to anything Jordan faced in the finals including the Jazz. None of the teams Jordan beat had championship pedigree, let alone a dynasty.

Jordan got swept out of the first round of the playoffs multiple times. I love Jordan. Greatest I have ever seen play. But people act like this guy's career was only 6 years long.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have wondered at time whether people outside Miami hate the Heat for being a bought team, or the fact that they are dirty in so many ways and have often been protected in doing the shit they do by the officials? :noidea:

I do, however, totally agree with something Botslayer said a bit back. The officials influence the game as much or more by what they do not call as the calls they make. Why, as he astutely pointed out, comparing fouls and so forth doesn't always tell the story.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many times will Lance flop tonight? The O/U is set at 4