• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a fuck of paul george ...he is overrated... Lance Stevenson is the reason why the pacers are not down 2 games. That's the player they should be worry for.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit Blue!! Thanks to your post, I had to read this. Arguably one of the gayest things ever posted.:L

Sorry. I realize. Most everyone else cringes when a Heat fan posts. My bad. :laugh3:

I realize you don't agree with me, but I have no doubt about the kick with the foot. Being the dirty SOB that I am, that is exactly what I would have done. Eh, but not in basketball.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance my man Solomon Hill finally gets active for a playoff game if George does miss tomorrow?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good read if you are not a LBJ fan.

LeBron is playing awful defense -- but will it even matter? - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 270+ Sites

I mostly skimmed quickly but other than a hope LBJ focus's the rest of the playoffs I took away that Spo needs more credit for his balancing of Xs and Os, egos and the media.

Also Cole on Lance, LBJ on the PG and Wade on George seemed to work and kind of makes sense.

Lance isn't known for passing and is known for playing iso basketball so a smaller quick guy to turn him into a jump shooter is perfect. (Think 2011 Finals...and shudder but Lance has more of a post game than LBJ had then). In the post help can come because Lance isn't much of a passer.

Whether Wade or LBJ is on George it will be very close to a wash, but LBJ on a PG and it is instant advantage LBJ. He has always dominated PGs and since his off ball D has been atrocious this playoffs, keep him on ball or in close out scenarios.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good read if you are not a LBJ fan.

LeBron is playing awful defense -- but will it even matter? - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 270+ Sites

I mostly skimmed quickly but other than a hope LBJ focus's the rest of the playoffs I took away that Spo needs more credit for his balancing of Xs and Os, egos and the media.

Also Cole on Lance, LBJ on the PG and Wade on George seemed to work and kind of makes sense.

Lance isn't known for passing and is known for playing iso basketball so a smaller quick guy to turn him into a jump shooter is perfect. (Think 2011 Finals...and shudder but Lance has more of a post game than LBJ had then). In the post help can come because Lance isn't much of a passer.

Whether Wade or LBJ is on George it will be very close to a wash, but LBJ on a PG and it is instant advantage LBJ. He has always dominated PGs and since his off ball D has been atrocious this playoffs, keep him on ball or in close out scenarios.

You may have the better team. Though I doubt it matters. I am fairly resigned to the likelyhood that the team that comes out of the west will be the NBA champion this year.

I am still bitter about what the officials did to the Pacers two years ago. No need to debate it. Heat fans have their perspective and I have mine.

But despite all your outcries to the contrary, I am convinced that all the real cheap shots that have had a lasting effect have been delivered by the Heat. Again, I have my perspective and you have yours. But from my point of view, all the dirty plays by Wade, Bat me eh, and the most egregious flops have been executed by the Heat.

Moreover, I believe the league has a vested interest in seeing the Heat advance each year. All about the revenues from ratings. I believe we will continue to get fucked because we are a small market and that saddens me deeply.

It is what it is, but that is how I honestly feel. All depends upon the point of view, I suppose......

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is a dirty player.
It is no big secret. He is always mentioned on those lists of the dirtiest players.
The NBA has plenty of big names who are a little "dirty" in its history.

Most of them are beloved by their home fans who have ruby colored glasses on...they don't see it.
The more colorful a player is.....there seem to be even greater hometown love.

Its not always role players.
John Stockton was probably the dirtiest player in history.

Kobe Bryant, Charles Oakley, Rick Mahorn, Rasheed Wallace, Bruce Bowen, Kevin Garnett....
Most of these players are cult heroes for the teams they played.
But, they are still some of the dirtiest in history.

D-Wade is a dirty player.
And I fully expect the legions of HEAT fans to defend him by any argument possible.
That has always been the history of the NBA. It should never change.

Us Spurs fans will defend Bruce Bowen by any means necessary.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because the guy with knee injuries throughout is career including several surgeries on is going to use his knee to hit someone in their head intentionally knowing that could injure his knee as well.

Can't wait to get to the finals so they can send Spurs fans home crying again

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not surprised considering he was never concussed or blacked out.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is a dirty player.

:agree: I also agree with every thing else you posted.

When he grabbed Rondo on his way down for a dislocated elbow I think that was intentional. Not the result but Rondo was pushing him so if he was going down Rondo was too.

I do not think Wade purposefully kneed him in the head, I could be convinced he was looking to initiate contact from a superior position and it happened to be his knee. Honestly these are amazing athletes with great reflexes. Either way it is all stupid to bitch about this, IND, CHI and BK have been notorious instigators vs MIA. What goes around comes around so man up and next time don't be a bush league punk.

LBJ is also adding tricks to his game, that elbow on Hibbert was as intentional as it gets and it will give him an advantage in future situations. It may not be as important as a post game, but it might be like shooting 80% rather than 77% from the stripe.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that play was dirty.
I merely said that Dwyane Wade has earned a reputation as a dirty player.

When you are known, the leash is much shorter and public opinion less likely to be sympathetic.
I can see how some Pacer fans might view it differently....based on history.

If Metta World Peace or Bruce Bowen did the exact same thing, it would no doubt be viewed even harsher.

I personally don't think that play was intentional, but I can understand the Pacer viewpoint.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I wasn't saying you thought that and I can see their view point as well, but bitching about it like they have never went all bush league on LBJ is just laughable.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may have the better team. Though I doubt it matters. I am fairly resigned to the likelyhood that the team that comes out of the west will be the NBA champion this year.

I am still bitter about what the officials did to the Pacers two years ago. No need to debate it. Heat fans have their perspective and I have mine.

But despite all your outcries to the contrary, I am convinced that all the real cheap shots that have had a lasting effect have been delivered by the Heat. Again, I have my perspective and you have yours. But from my point of view, all the dirty plays by Wade, Bat me eh, and the most egregious flops have been executed by the Heat.

Moreover, I believe the league has a vested interest in seeing the Heat advance each year. All about the revenues from ratings. I believe we will continue to get fucked because we are a small market and that saddens me deeply.

It is what it is, but that is how I honestly feel. All depends upon the point of view, I suppose......

What happened two years ago? I remember Granger continuously trying to bait Lebron in fighting him so he could get tossed out each respective game. If that's not a clear sign that your team recognizes who the better team was at the time, than I don't know what is.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened two years ago? I remember Granger continuously trying to bait Lebron in fighting him so he could get tossed out each respective game. If that's not a clear sign that your team recognizes who the better team was at the time, than I don't know what is.

two years ago the Pacers blew a 2-1 lead and the heat won 3 in a row without bosh. Ended Indy's season in front of their fans. Dude is making things up.

Game 4 free throws: Miami 28 Pacers 24... Lebron drops 40/18/9 Wade 30/9/6

Game 5 free throws: Miami 29 Pacers 23... Pacers lose this game by 32. Obviously refs fault.

Game 6 free throws: Miami 20 Pacers 24... Pacers lose elimination game by double digits while getting more free throws. Wade drops 41/10. Refs fault.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two years ago the Pacers blew a 2-1 lead and the heat won 3 in a row without bosh. Ended Indy's season in front of their fans. Dude is making things up.

Game 4 free throws: Miami 28 Pacers 24... Lebron drops 40/18/9 Wade 30/9/6

Game 5 free throws: Miami 29 Pacers 23... Pacers lose this game by 32. Obviously refs fault.

Game 6 free throws: Miami 20 Pacers 24... Pacers lose elimination game by double digits while getting more free throws. Wade drops 41/10. Refs fault.

FTs are not the end all be all of a fairly reffed game. There are a lot of ways refs can alter a game that the public nor stat sheets would be able to tell unless we knew what we were looking for.