• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat can clear cap room and sign a Jimmy Butler. The Cavs cannot. So there's that.

I'm not saying what I am to rip on the Heat. They do NOT need to tank. They just need to clear cap room when appropriate and they did. Though to get to this level it's a fact it took 6 years. But, hell, it took LA 7.

Lucky for me, I guess, I saw a title I never thought I'd see.

I agree with you.

Different pathways for different markets depending on appeal to free agents.

Which was the point all along in the debate with Wiggy. And he completely refused to admit Miami had a viable plan for their franchise.

He was wrong.

Again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you.

Different pathways for different markets depending on appeal to free agents.

Which was the point all along in the debate with Wiggy. And he completely refused to admit Miami had a viable plan for their franchise.

He was wrong.

Again.
Endgame was clearly wrong........but he's probably right they regret many of those big money deals they handed out that might have slowed their rebuild down some.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan...its what we do

Yeah.

When I am watching UVA basketball games I often criticize Tony Bennett’s rotation decision.

I still think he is the best collegiate coach out there and I wouldn’t trade him for anyone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat can clear cap room and sign a Jimmy Butler. The Cavs cannot. So there's that.

I'm not saying what I am to rip on the Heat. They do NOT need to tank. They just need to clear cap room when appropriate and they did. Though to get to this level it's a fact it took 6 years. But, hell, it took LA 7.

Lucky for me, I guess, I saw a title I never thought I'd see.

I agree. But that wasn't the basis of the conversation. It was Wiggys assertion that the Heat were doing everything wrong and were going to be stuck in mediocrity as a 5-8 seed for years and that the Cavs would be back soner because the Heat refused to tank.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But that wasn't the basis of the conversation. It was Wiggys assertion that the Heat were doing everything wrong and were going to be stuck in mediocrity as a 5-8 seed for years and that the Cavs would be back soner because the Heat refused to tank.
No doubt he was wrong about that, as mentioned earlier, but he might be right it took longer than needed because they overpaid a bunch of marginal players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Endgame was clearly wrong........but he's probably right they regret many of those big money deals they handed out that might have slowed their rebuild down some.

They definitely signed some bad deals. That is certain.

Would be interesting though, they do things differently they probably don’t have the same core today. Maybe they aren’t in position to draft Bam or Herro.

Sometimes roster mistakes can turn into blessings down the road.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely signed some bad deals. That is certain.

Would be interesting though, they do things differently they probably don’t have the same core today. Maybe they aren’t in position to draft Bam or Herro.

Sometimes roster mistakes can turn into blessings down the road.
Maybe...but just no way to even make a good guess what would have been done differently.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I knew when he said it I didn't want any part of it. It's a lot harder for Cleveland to rebuild a team than Miami but Riley is one of the best too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew when he said it I didn't want any part of it. It's a lot harder for Cleveland to rebuild a team than Miami but Riley is one of the best too.

Exactly. It's certainly not a knock on the Cavs. They are rebuilding the best way they can.

If they wanted to, they could probably overpay for an aging veteran and a couple of 2nd tier type guys and make the playoffs most years, but they aren't getting the type of players to get them titles unless they draft them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt about that. A few reasons it's easier for the Heat to rebuild than the Cavs.

Eric Spoelstra > Cavs coach (maybe now Spo will get the credit he deserves for being a damn good coach)

Pat Riley > doesn't even matter who the Cavs GM is (PR's resume speaks for itself, he's been a winner at every stop)

Miami in the winter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cleveland in the winter

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's certainly not a knock on the Cavs. They are rebuilding the best way they can.

If they wanted to, they could probably overpay for an aging veteran and a couple of 2nd tier type guys and make the playoffs most years, but they aren't getting the type of players to get them titles unless they draft them.

You mean like Love and Drummond?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that. A few reasons it's easier for the Heat to rebuild than the Cavs.

Eric Spoelstra > Cavs coach (maybe now Spo will get the credit he deserves for being a damn good coach)

Pat Riley > doesn't even matter who the Cavs GM is (PR's resume speaks for itself, he's been a winner at every stop)

Miami in the winter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cleveland in the winter
He's damn good but a little Phillipish when it comes to GM (not Phillip as a GM but a coach)...always been in a FA destination city. But he's made the most of it. I compared to Phillip as he's always had arguably the best player in game at his disposal as a coach....and made the most of it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's damn good but a little Phillipish when it comes to GM...always been in a FA destination city. But he's made the most of it.

Not sure what you mean by a little Phillipish.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep...they need lottery luck to be a title contender. Got it for a while and now they could not be getting much worse luck so gonna be a struggle to ever be any more than the Pacers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by a little Phillipish.
Sorry....Jackson. His success because he always coached the best player in the game. Riley has always been the GM in what should be a major FA market.

But, yeah, both made most of their situations.