• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu @Gman good series, my friends. It's a shitty feeling losing a conference finals, so I'm not going to rub salt in the wound. Hopefully we run this back in the conference finals next year.

It is what it is. The better team won. I've enjoyed watching them. They kinda defy the logic that you need multiple superstars to be successful in todays NBA. They have a damn good young core. And congrats. Ya gotta be excited.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting indeed. LA clearly has the 2 best players in Lebron and AD, after that it's a string of Miami players. Heat will clearly be the under dogs in this series. I haven't watched the Lakers enough this year to see how their defense is, but I feel that's going to be the key for this series - LA shutting down Miami's 3-point shooting.

The Lakers had the 3rd best defense in the league before the shutdown and I believe they've been the top rated defense in the playoffs.

But they have also been prone to building big leads and letting teams get back into games. That's dangerous against a team like the Heat that never stops playing hard.

The Lakers defense feeds their offense, so the Heat will have to try to make it a half court game.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu @Gman good series, my friends. It's a shitty feeling losing a conference finals, so I'm not going to rub salt in the wound. Hopefully we run this back in the conference finals next year.
I just finished the game... started it late and had to fast forward through commercials to catch up... the Heat definitely earned this one and played better when it counted.

Bam, man. Bam turned the tide. I'd never seen him play quite like that... I knew he was good, but I didn't know he had all that. Took the Celtics by surprise too.

Celtics competed well until the end, then the wheels came off as they tried to hoist 3's to get back in it. But that's done now.

Good game, too, @bksballer89... better team won.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course as the coach he deserves some blame. But it's not his fault Tatum went 9-26 (3-10 from downtown).
Yep...it's OK to blame and credit players. Doesn't always have to be the coach when a team loses.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But Steven deserves some of the blame. I was disappointed in the shot selection down the stretch.
No doubt....and because many like him I doubt he'll get as much blame as a lesser liked coach.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the Cavs already did that as they got back to a Finals in year 5 post Lebron, and won it in Year 6.

Just sayin'.

lol

They made it because Lebron came back. They actually quit trying to win, the Heat didn't.

As for this time around...You don't honestly think they're getting back to the finals in the next 2-3 years do you?

Because I doubt Lebron's gonna come back and save them again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they kind of gut the team so they could sign Bosh and that Lebron fellow (2nd leading scorer was beasley)? Though will say they still tried to win as in a FA destination city you just need cap room...not high picks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they kind of gut the team so they could sign Bosh and that Lebron fellow (2nd leading scorer was beasley)? Though will say they still tried to win as in a FA destination city you just need cap room...not high picks.

no